education benefits for canadian citizens in usa?

rahulbansalmit

Registered Users (C)
hi can anyone plz tel me if ther are any educational benefits for canadian citizens to study in usa in terms of fees,scholarships?...plz help me

From personal experience, you have to "sponsor" yourself, i.e. show a certain amount of money per year of study to show you can support yourself. Once that is established, you can apply for scholarships. In my case, after my first semester and having a 4.0 GPA, I joined PTK, an Honors society. I was an officer at my school and when I changed school, I was offered a scholarship for tuition PLUS (and this was more important to me) an out of state tuition waiver. Being from Canada or any other country, you will always be considered a non-resident and hence have to pay out of state tuition (very expensive!!) If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

If anyone else knows how to get other benefits, please let me know because I am going for a Master's degree and I need to dish out over 20K!!!:eek:

Stimpyzo,

Just wondering - what kind of a masters only need 20k ? I'm checking MBA programs and you are looking at at least 60k a year (tution+other)!!!

Any help appreciated

Ansari

A numbere of Ivy League colleges consider Canadians as domestic applicants for purposes of institutional financial aid.