Eb3 Rest Of The World 2007

songlan said:
sfmars,

I'm from non-oversubscribed country, and I'm Eb3-wow . See my signature.

Regarding to "I can file with EB2 because I'm MS bla bla ...) . It's right but not enough. It is required BOTH your MS degree AND the nature of H1B-job requires MS degree. The agent from labor department will take a look into the labor application in very details and justify if the job really requires Master/Doctor degree. If s/he finds the advanced degree is not necessary for the job, the application is immediately denied, does not matter how advance your Degree is.

I'm also MS, having 20 years in my professional skills. When my lawyer applied labor EB3 for me 6 years ago, I did not buy the logic. Then I searched and searched tons of websites and asked many other lawyers, all give the same logic. I remembered I also read a official memo transferred among Labors offices state so.

The logic is very simple : United States do not need Ph.D/Master for regular coding job, for ex.

Yes or course your lawyer+ your company can elaborate the job title to be "advanced" and give out the job descriptions so that it can persuade the labor agent. However, the labor agent of course is not stupid. Some risks you have.

And I also believe many many people in this forum are like me: Master/Ph.D degree with EB3 category. You are not alone.

songlan

songlan,

I know that the process is not straight forward, I keep that as an option but I am not ready to use it. When I said I am lazy I meant that I realize that the process is not straight forward.

It was not the reason to show that I have kind of advantage because I am not from oversubscribed country. It was my first reaction and my words were addressed to the desi3933 only, who wanted to make fun of me.

You are not right saying that "nature of H1B-job requires MS degree" to have EB2 filed.

Green card does not depend on H1, you can never be in US and to have green card done through the consular processing.

Green card is for future employment.

Somehow H1 extension beyond 6th year limit depends on green card.

The IT job market not bad at all for Ex-H1B

When I got EAD, the next day I sent (just to test) my resume out there to an staffing company. Believe it or not, just 10 Minutes later (yes, 10 min later), I got a call from them : "Can you start NOW ?"

I'm stuck with the sponsor company so far 7 yrs. United States, to me, just being the path Home - Office, the slavery job and mean boss. I never think anything else, dare not to think.

The job market out there, for me, like the day Columbus found America continental :))) . That is, FREEDOM . Hope that day comes soon to me and my wife.

marlon2006 said:
Guys I am monitoring this because I have a dear friend on Dec 2002 EB3 RoW.
I am sorry for your pain.

Thanks Good Lord, my PD was April 2002 RoW; I got the damn GC back on Nov 2006. At this point I am just working hard on my CCVP cert to hit the job market hard.

I have to tell that I have forwarded resumes to test the job market. It is fine if I wanted contract jobs, but I feel that 5 years stuck to a certain employer somewhat caused some damage to my career. God Willing this damage will be repairable.

Just wanted to say hello.

Yes, it is not bad at all. I just posted resumes a couple of weeks ago and I've got many calls already. It means freedom indeed. After getting GC, my wife can take some civil engineering classes to go back to the job market(she already has BS in civil engineering, but she needs to update her skills in AutoCad. Now because she has got GC, I will pay only 50% of the cost. It is a great help.

The strategy is that you want to work on certifications months before you get your GC. That's what I did. I took CCNP back then and now I am working on CCVP so that I hit the job market upon completing 6 months of getting GC. Voice/data convergence is not going backwards.

Do not give up. Go on. Life is good.

songlan said:
When I got EAD, the next day I sent (just to test) my resume out there to an staffing company. Believe it or not, just 10 Minutes later (yes, 10 min later), I got a call from them : "Can you start NOW ?"

I'm stuck with the sponsor company so far 7 yrs. United States, to me, just being the path Home - Office, the slavery job and mean boss. I never think anything else, dare not to think.

The job market out there, for me, like the day Columbus found America continental :))) . That is, FREEDOM . Hope that day comes soon to me and my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
sfmars said:
songlan,

It was my first reaction and my words were addressed to the desi3933 only, who wanted to make fun of me.

Your quote:
My understanding is that law says about approval of the person who has AOS filed. And clause (1) the alien makes an application for such adjustment, proves that.

My Reply:
It is clause (1) and (2) and (3). Read clause 3 again.
USCIS has upto 5 years to revoke if I-485 was approved in error. I hope your friend knows this.

PS: When are you applying for I-485 based on "your understanding".

I don't know how and why you think I was making fun of you. For all I know, you were wrong about I-485 filing and I just replied.

desi3933 said:
Your quote:
My understanding is that law says about approval of the person who has AOS filed. And clause (1) the alien makes an application for such adjustment, proves that.

My Reply:
It is clause (1) and (2) and (3). Read clause 3 again.
USCIS has upto 5 years to revoke if I-485 was approved in error. I hope your friend knows this.

PS: When are you applying for I-485 based on "your understanding".

I don't know how and why you think I was making fun of you. For all I know, you were wrong about I-485 filing and I just replied.

I do not want to continue the discussion who was right and who was wrong.

If you did not have intention to make fun, why did you use grin face, at the end of your question, if you do not know meaning of this sign ?

sfmars said:
I do not want to continue the discussion who was right and who was wrong.

If you did not have intention to make fun, why did you use grin face, at the end of your question, if you do not know meaning of this sign ?

As I was typing the question When are you applying for I-485 based on "your understanding", I got one big smile and I added :D .

You are one person who thinks that it is ok to file for I-485 even if PD is not current. You should consider breaking this "news" to organization who are fighting for allowing I-485 filings. You can be a hero. Way to go.

I just remembered one more "wise thing" from you. Person on F1 can not file for I-485. Another reason to smile. :)

desi3933 said:
You are one person who thinks that it is ok to file for I-485 even if PD is not current. You should consider breaking this "news" to organization who are fighting for allowing I-485 filings. You can be a hero. Way to go.

Where did you find it in my posts ?????

You keep saying again and again, that I said that.

One "immigration practitioner" (I believe who subject of your admiration) associated these words with me and you keep repeating that after him.

sfmars,

So, you already filed labor in EB-3 in 2003 as per your signature. All in EB3 are facing retrogression.... If you can file in EB-2, then don't be lazy... do it soon and get to the GC.
Again, I understand that you don't need all this advise.. but my dear... if you are on a forum where people discuss these things.. . then I don't know how you can avoid getting suggestions and advise "for free" ? :) Thats the business here... listent and comment on each other's situations.

sfmars said:
Where did you find it in my posts ?????

You keep saying again and again, that I said that.

One "immigration practitioner" (I believe who subject of your admiration) associated these words with me and you keep repeating that after him.

in this post
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1609883&postcount=15
you have written
BTW I do not think that was a law that if your PD is not current you can not file I485

Another reason to smile :)

a101 said:
sfmars,

So, you already filed labor in EB-3 in 2003 as per your signature. All in EB3 are facing retrogression.... If you can file in EB-2, then don't be lazy... do it soon and get to the GC.
Again, I understand that you don't need all this advise.. but my dear... if you are on a forum where people discuss these things.. . then I don't know how you can avoid getting suggestions and advise "for free" ? :) Thats the business here... listent and comment on each other's situations.

I have been thinking about it ....

desi3933 said:
Read your post again .....
Good Luck

First of all it is not right if you qoute something and cut off the ends in accordance with your interests.

Secondly I consider it is pointless to continue conversation with someone who does not have at least school level of English.

Row, China, Philip-pines

What puzzels me is how can the priority dates for ROW, CHINA, PHILIP-PINES be same ? Are they saying these are moving at same pace since January 2006 ???

3rd ROW 01AUG02
CHINA 01AUG02
PHILIP-PINES 01AUG02

If there was logic to how the priority dates are calculated based on demand ? how can demands be exactly same ? how could they be issuing exactly same number of visa to there 3 group and still maintain same priority dates ?

There is no logic for USCIS to calculate the priority dates, they only can make "estimates" of future demand of visas.

VJdude said:
What puzzels me is how can the priority dates for ROW, CHINA, PHILIP-PINES be same ? Are they saying these are moving at same pace since January 2006 ???

3rd ROW 01AUG02
CHINA 01AUG02
PHILIP-PINES 01AUG02

If there was logic to how the priority dates are calculated based on demand ? how can demands be exactly same ? how could they be issuing exactly same number of visa to there 3 group and still maintain same priority dates ?

Visa numbers

VJdude said:

3rd ROW 01AUG02
CHINA 01AUG02
PHILIP-PINES 01AUG02

VJdude,

You are putting way to much thought into this process. There really is no real way to know "exactly" how the dates are being set. The whole process is ambiguos at best and details are never shared. All we get are general statements such as, "demand for visas is seen to be high", "expect more retrogression in the future", "there is a lot of pressure on visa numbers" ... blah blah blah.

There are a lot of "psuedo experts" on these forums that will try to convince you that they know exactly what is going on but having been on these forums for years I have realized that they just know a little more than most of us and are just a little less lost than us so their "expert" opinion should be treated like the updates on the visa bulletin "vague and unclear". The best thing to do is to just check the bulletin each month and look for the vague updates. Eventually the update will be in your favor .. do not try to make to much sense of it though :)

The other option is to follow immigration websites run by professional lawyers such as the oh law firm and murthy although even those can be pretty vauge at times.

cheers,

saras

saras76 said:
VJdude,

You are putting way to much thought into this process. There really is no real way to know "exactly" how the dates are being set. The whole process is ambiguos at best and details are never shared. All we get are general statements such as, "demand for visas is seen to be high", "expect more retrogression in the future", "there is a lot of pressure on visa numbers" ... blah blah blah.

There are a lot of "psuedo experts" on these forums that will try to convince you that they know exactly what is going on but having been on these forums for years I have realized that they just know a little more than most of us and are just a little less lost than us so their "expert" opinion should be treated like the updates on the visa bulletin "vague and unclear". The best thing to do is to just check the bulletin each month and look for the vague updates. Eventually the update will be in your favor .. do not try to make to much sense of it though :)

The other option is to follow immigration websites run by professional lawyers such as the oh law firm and murthy although even those can be pretty vauge at times.

cheers,

saras
but how about a simple math..........and a bit of guessestimate....

how many cases pending prior to 2002??...I-485 not yet filed...
how many labor subs may be used??

since only around 1300 visas are available per country-category.......we cannot be off by a lot if we say that it may take 2-3 years (optimistic) for eb3-india, just to cross 2001 dec.

am i right??

wait a second....i am not even sure how they set the cut off dates.....i am assuming that it must be based on visas left for the year (cases actually approved) and cases pending and waiting for visa.....is this right??

so if that is the case.....sub labor....prior to 2001 can be used to file 485....which means....if there are just 1300 sub labors used every year.........we are looking at no movement at all?????

Yes you may be right ..

techy2468 said:
but how about a simple math..........and a bit of guessestimate....

how many cases pending prior to 2002??...I-485 not yet filed...
how many labor subs may be used??

since only around 1300 visas are available per country-category.......we cannot be off by a lot if we say that it may take 2-3 years (optimistic) for eb3-india, just to cross 2001 dec.

am i right??

techy2468,

Yes you may be right. In the same light, it may take 5-7 years. What if there are lot of substitutions and a majority turn out to be from India. What if amnesty is passed and everyone is placed ahead of employment based. When guesstimation comes into the picture, anything and everything can be considered. The point is that its all "guesstimation" and after a point there is no use in it. I am against presenting "guesstimation" as a fact and trying to convince everyone of it. "Guesstimation" can be helpful but it can also be very dangerous. I just want it be known that most everything related to visa numbers on this forum (good and bad) is based on guesstimation.

The bottom line is that no amount of guesstimation is going to change the current situation. From my point of view, we shoud just not make any decision in the short term with the certainty of getting the GC in mind. The rest will play itself out (guesstimation or not).

cheers,

saras

saras76 said:
techy2468,

Yes you may be right. In the same light, it may take 5-7 years. What if there are lot of substitutions and a majority turn out to be from India. What if amnesty is passed and everyone is placed ahead of employment based. When guesstimation comes into the picture, anything and everything can be considered. The point is that its all "guesstimation" and after a point there is no use in it. I am against presenting "guesstimation" as a fact and trying to convince everyone of it. "Guesstimation" can be helpful but it can also be very dangerous. I just want it be known that most everything related to visa numbers on this forum (good and bad) is based on guesstimation.

The bottom line is that no amount of guesstimation is going to change the current situation. From my point of view, we shoud just not make any decision in the short term with the certainty of getting the GC in mind. The rest will play itself out (guesstimation or not).

cheers,

saras
lets not say guess estimation.......lets say educated estimation.....

we all know that labor sub goes on in a big way........since it is a way to make money and also it is a way to attract good talent(more money)......

we also know that mostly desi companies are doing it.....since they know the loopholes in the law and they are willing to go the extra step to make the money......

i do not think amnesty can be called as a guess estimation.....its not even in the first stage of becoming law....

yes, worst case scenario....it can be 5-7 years.......since i can safely say that eb3-india....has atleast 20-30k labor around 2001.......

if not for labor subs.....i dont think there are many people from 2001 still waiting for GC.......i can safely say that it must be less than 5% genuine (unfortunate folks) (95% gave gc in hand by now)and another 20% maybe labor sub cases...