eb3 or EB2???

Gurus Please respond??

USCIS_GC_APPRV i Saw your post or any body????

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I-140 Approval Notice should be your guide...
That's where it's either EB2/EB3..

Yours for sure is EB2!

One of my friend too, thought his application was EB3...when the I-140 approval notice came and he looked it...and it dawned to him...it was indeed EB2!...

it seems to be EB2 I don't why your employes is saying it si Eb3

UN, Saras, or any body else can answer to this..

As far I know It is EB2

Getting _gc said:
My employer is saying the mine is EB3. I saw this link yesterday in this site saying that is eb2.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=232284

my 140 approval has this message

Mem of Prefession w/Adv Deg or of Exceptional Ability

203 (b) (2)

So is my case is Eb2 or Eb3??

Please gurus help me out.

My employers saying that Eb3? Why he saying that??

Thanks bud

santa4u said:
Yep, I-140 Approval Notice should be your guide...
That's where it's either EB2/EB3..

Yours for sure is EB2!

One of my friend too, thought his application was EB3...when the I-140 approval notice came and he looked it...and it dawned to him...it was indeed EB2!...

Saras, UN please give your opnion too. I am kind so worried.

When santa4u, USCIS_GC_APPROV gave postive node (eb2). I am so happy. And called my emplyer and told him that it is eb2. And he saying it is not Eb2.

Please help me out. If it is eb2 i am current. That's why I am worried.

It is Eb2 as far as I know.

UN, Saras are proabbaly busy other wise they will answer by now

Getting _gc said:
When santa4u, USCIS_GC_APPROV gave postive node (eb2). I am so happy. And called my emplyer and told him that it is eb2. And he saying it is not Eb2.

1. your employer may have filed EB3 labor/I-140.....and hence he is confident that it is EB3

OR

2. your employer does not want you to go free by getting EAD and filing 485...

i too feel that your I-140 approval is EB2.....you should explore ways to file 485 (if you have not filed already)....

Thank you guys

I already filed my 485 more than two years back. I am waiting for approval. I gave second fp also last month

techy2468 said:
1. your employer may have filed EB3 labor/I-140.....and hence he is confident that it is EB3

OR

2. your employer does not want you to go free by getting EAD and filing 485...

i too feel that your I-140 approval is EB2.....you should explore ways to file 485 (if you have not filed already)....

this mae sence

Getting _gc said:
Please post the pic of that.

any body eb3 ,140 approved people can post the 140 approval pic here. Then this guys doubt will be clarified. Getting_gc I saw your PM. Which make sence and I am sure it is eb2.

EB3 Approval Notice Content

Here you go...

Section: Skilled Worker or Professional,
Sec.203(b) (3) (A) (i) or (ii)

Thanks

Getting _gc said:

Getting_gc.....dont' put blind faith in anybody...
trust your document...if you are still not sure...
- Check with your lawyer
- Check with your employer, ask him for labor Part A and check if the minimum requirement on your labor is either Masters/BS+5 years of experience

>>>>>>>
Even checkout the I-140 Form from USCIS, it clearly highlights all categories,

Classification:
203(b)(1)(C) Multi-National Executive orManager
203(b)(2) Member of Professions w/Adv.Degree or Exceptional Ability
203(b)(3)(A)(i) Skilled Worker
203(b)(3)(A)(ii) Professional
203(b)(3)(A)(iii) Other Worker

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a related question. If a Labor application mentions BS+5 years experience, but has no mention of MS, will it be:

1. Pretty much always be treated as EB2 at I-140 stage
2. Pretty much always be treated as EB3 at I-140 stage
3. Depends upon the discredtion of the certifying officer. If so, what are the chances of landing in EB2 land? 10%, 50%? 90%?

I of course, ask because I'm in exactly this situation. I'm sure that Labor application asks for 5 years of experience. I also have customized letters of experience from the previous employers that certify the experience asked for in the Labor application. It'll be nothing short of Awesome if I land in the EB2.

Is is possible that they are now certifying an I-140 as EB2 (if it qualifies for it of course) instead of EB3, in deviation from the past to alleviate EB3 Jam?

I'll appreciate any input.