EB2 ONLY - I-485 in June 2007 - NO NONSENSE PLEASE!!

reached NSC 6/25 ... nothing yet

AOS packet reached NSC per FedEx on 6/25 .. no receipt notices yet.

I have called each week and sometimes twice a week, but each time they ask to call after August 1, and on a couple of times, to call after August 15.

This thing is pi$$ing me off.

My Details

My Details

EB2 - India
PD - Dec 98
485/EAD/AP RD - 7/6/07 (NSC),
FP done - 7/20/07
LUD s - 7/20/07, 7/23/07

Hi MA_05,

How do you know ur name check is initiated ? I also called uscis and asked about this but they dint know anything about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
gcstruggle98

Your case seems to be pretty interesting! With a PD of December 1998, did you file I-485/EAD/AP for the first time in June 2007? That's really amazing!! Was your LC really stuck for such a long time or yours is case of Labor Substitution?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks - IE

Yes, this is the first time I got a chance to apply I485. I have 2 approved I140 s . One is Dec 98 and another one is May 2001. First time i was waiting for my marriage and I got laid off before applying I485 ( I dint know the value of GC then :( ) and the second time also after my I140 approval , I got laid off ( My bad luck ). so this is my third attempt and porting old priority date of Dec 98. Unfortunately I got into this mass crowd. Lets see how my luck goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MA_05,

How do you know ur name check is initiated ? I also called uscis and asked about this but they dint know anything about that.

I called the UCSIS to get the status of my wife H4, because it is more than 45 days and we haven't got any receipt yet. They transfer my call to immigration officer and IO give me receipt number of H4. After that IO asked me do I need further information, i took a chance and asked about name check, she (IO) said to me that it was initiated on June 28th 2007. This was one week old info and i dont know the current status.

Hope it helps.

got my receip numbers

I see all of my checks were encashed and got to know the receit numbers from TSC. My appl. was sent to NSC and I think was transferred to TSC.

gcstruggle98,
Iam also struggling for my gc from March 1998.still not able to do anything I like for my family and me... My story, 1st company cheated after 3 years working for the company saying they have filled the GC. Then found out that they have no applied. Moved to 2 company and applied again with another Indian company got suspicious that they might be cheating me again. Left the company and joined Perm job 3 company and got laidoff after 3 years and applied for my GC and wasted around 10,000$ having very high priced lawyers like Murthy. Mean while, I applied for my wife gc through another Indian company from Delaware.The labor certificate was not approved. Applied again in Feb 2003 for my wife in EB2. After approvel applied for I140 and 1485 together in June 2005. some how my luck in not in my favour.They did not take my 485 and got retrogratted..So now I applied in the June 2007... My Life....unsettled till now...career no chnage...waste of money 20K-50k... blood and vaccine for 3 times..not going to India for couple of years... Relatives passing by in India... Just want to iterate my story, so that others who applied recently should not felll that they have wasted lot of time in GC..

Eb2/TSC/PD FEB 2003
Receipt Date: June 23rd 2007
Finger Print done on July 2007

Status Update

IO officer told me that name check and all other checks are cleard for me and spouse now i should wait for my trun.

AOS packet reached NSC per FedEx on 6/25 .. no receipt notices yet.

I have called each week and sometimes twice a week, but each time they ask to call after August 1, and on a couple of times, to call after August 15.

This thing is pi$$ing me off.

may be your calling is pissing them off.. you calling 100 times is not going to expedite your cases - so take it easy....:D

Status Update

I got the following message

Current Status: Card production ordered.

May i assume that my application is approved in just 61 days?

If it is true then my whole GC journy is just 8 months long. Thats surprising for me.

Yes it is for I-485 and my wife got it for both EAD and I-485. (that doesnt make any sense for me, why someone needs EAD after approval of I-485)

Congratulations! I think you may be the first case I am hearing who got GC approval among June filers. Enjoy the freedom.
Yes it is for I-485 and my wife got it for both EAD and I-485. (that doesnt make any sense for me, why someone needs EAD after approval of I-485)