EB2 folks - please post your progress with details as Visa becomes available in Oct

sms25 said:
-----------
Congrats! Enjoy freedom. Also it's good to see that they didn't ask you to appear for FP again even though your FP seems to be expired.

Oops!!!
I am sorry my FP2 info is not correct. Year is 2006 rather than 2005. Here is my reviewed signature.

Category -> EB2 - India
PD -> Oct 2001
I485 ND-> Sep 28 2003
FP2 -> May 25 , 2006
RFE -> Rec'd by USCIS July, 20 2006
I485 Approval -> Oct 13, 2006

Hi everybody ,

after a long wait My 485 got approved along with my whole family, without a single lud.

oh, ya we r approved on 14th oct surprisingly that was saturday.

Big thanks to all who support and help me in tough times

Yes, i got 32 mails ,8 for each family member from USCIS on oct 14 .

On 16 Oct, we got another mails,saying that cards are ordered and we get them as soon as possoible.

Wish u best luck all of U. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations One of You and Trapinsys , at least they seem to have picked up the speed of processing now.
--Naveen Oshos

Thanks!

Thanks everyone on this board ,my 4.5 yrs journey is over today officially.

Today we got our cards in mail with approval notice.

Its really a nice Diwali gift from USCIS.

Wish u all a very Happy diwali. :) :)

Congrats Trapinsys!

My updates - I got FP notices on 10/20 for 10/21 FP appointment. Anyhow, I hope this to be the last step in my GC processing.

Longer than century

Am still waiting for I485 approval. Got 2nd FP notice today (the 1st FP was in Nov 2004), 23 months after 1st FP. Is this sign of any movement in my case or just another cycle and somepone has run a job to kill some tree and produce some paper in service center? :confused:

Got to know from Senator's office that Name Check completed in Aug 2006 (after 2+).

PD :Aug, 2001,EB2,India
I-140/I485 filed in Dec 03, concurrent filling.
I140 approved in Dec 04.
1st FP: Nov 2004 (LUD updated for 485 application)
Name check blackhole
2nd FP notice Oct 2006
3rd EAD and AP approved: Sep 2006

Apprantly there is very little progress in Vermont this month compared to last few months. Any clues/comments.

My i-140 was approved on 10/06. I am waiting for i-485, should be donne soon 'cause I am from non-retro country.

i-140 (EB2-NIW), i485 received 03/25/06, Aproved 10/06. RFE 09/20 (additional letters).

VSC, EB2 - India, PD Dec-2002
I-140 - AD Apr-2004
I-485 RD Apr-2004
FIRST FP - Feb 2005
SECOND FP - 6/28/2006
On 3rd EAD & AP
LUDs WITH NO CHANGE IN MESSAGE - 4/25/2006, 10/15/2006
LUDs WITH CHANGE IN MESSAGE - 10/28/2006

I485 finally approved

On Monday night, finally i received status tracking email, indicating that our
I-485 got approved. We waited for 3 years for I-485 and 2.5 years for Labor..5.5 years of pain and suffering..

I140 approved in Dec 04.
Name check blackhole
2nd FP notice Oct 2006
I-485 approval: 12/04/06

krishmisc said:
I-485 got approved. We waited for 3 years for I-485 and 2.5 years for Labor..5.5 years of pain and suffering..

I140 approved in Dec 04.
Name check blackhole
2nd FP notice Oct 2006
Congratulations...

Krishmisc - Congrats!

Congrats Krish! Can you please let us know when did you contact the senator and was it really helpful in clearing your namecheck?

Thanks,
Udai

krishmisc said:

I140 approved in Dec 04.
Name check blackhole
2nd FP notice Oct 2006

forxp said:
My RFE was received on Oct 10. Saw LuD on 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. and then nothing. Called VSC. they said "it looks it is being reviewed". Hope I can get some good soon.

PD is available in Oct.06.

485 RD March, 2005.

60 days passed after they received my RFE. There are still no good news. I call national service center. They said they will issue a query and I can expect an answer within 45 days. It seems another endless waiting began. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anybody has contacted national servce center for status query? when do you expect to receive a result? :rolleyes:

I am on the same boat. RFE received Oct 05, 06. still no answer. I also called service center and asked an inqury.

forxp said:
60 days passed after they received my RFE. There are still no good news. I call national service center. They said they will issue a query and I can expect an answer within 45 days. It seems another endless waiting began. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anybody has contacted national servce center for status query? when do you expect to receive a result? :rolleyes:
Body, I called NSC 1800# on 18DEC06 and they said the same, still gave me a confirmation #. Nothing untill now (53 days). They r not working at all. I think it`s `cause nothing has changed since my last inquiry when I was told that my case is outside of USCIS and they r waiting the investigations results. I`m almost quitting from this blind game.

jhawilla said:
Body, I called NSC 1800# on 18DEC06 and they said the same, still gave me a confirmation #. Nothing untill now (53 days). They r not working at all. I think it`s `cause nothing has changed since my last inquiry when I was told that my case is outside of USCIS and they r waiting the investigations results. I`m almost quitting from this blind game.

So, did they respond your inquery?
each time we asked an inquery, they asked us to wait for 45 days and then say "do not hesitate to contact again ater 45 days.". How many 45 days we have?

I also contact senator for help. Hope he can get some update and find out what is my case status? what they are waiting for? Maybe name check? since I have been stuck in name check since July last year.

forxp said:
So, did they respond your inquery?
each time we asked an inquery, they asked us to wait for 45 days and then say "do not hesitate to contact again ater 45 days.". How many 45 days we have?

I also contact senator for help. Hope he can get some update and find out what is my case status? what they are waiting for? Maybe name check? since I have been stuck in name check since July last year.

No, the one that I got a response was in APR06 (6 mo letter). :eek:

I just checked my email. I was very surprised to see this case update. 3 same emails saying that new card ordered. What does this means? Senator office told me today that VSC will transfer my case to local office. Hope this is true and this is the end of my journey. I filed I485 in March 05. EB2.

By the way, I did not receive the approval notice or update. Is this normal?

Below is my current case status:

On December 15, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.