EB2 /Eb3 questions

Eb2 qualification

My qualification Bsc, PGDCA and MCA and have 5 yrs of exp after mca before joining my current employer, total 10 yrs after pgdca. will i qualify for eb2 if my current employer is willing to co-opertate?

RIR eb3 vs perm

Thanks g. guru.
But my chances of switching to a stable job is fairly less now as I m with family.

Moreover, why would I file I-485 when Dec-2004 became current. (did I get something wrong here).
My PD is April-2004, so I believe I would file i-485 Apr-04 became current and moreover CA I-485 much ahead of rest of the states with just 3-4 months behind.

So I think I would consider converting my RIR EB3 to PERM with PD of April-2004.

What are your thoughts ?
Thanks Guru for ur valuable feedback.

Great Guru Please Help !

GREAT GURU,

I have a question regarding PERM process and job/work experience.
After my MS (industrial engg), I joined a company where I worked in the Tech support for 4.5 years. I was promoted once. Now I am planning to switch to software QA department because of specific skillset they needed for one position ( internal transfer to a different department) and who are ready to file for my GC.
iIHave BS + 1.5 years ( India ) OR MS + this 4 and half years in usa ( not sure if it will count)

I was informed by my current management that none of my experience in current dept will count for PERM process even if QA files for my GC and they are kind of discouraging my move.

I have 2 years and 15 days left on my second H1 visa. What option should I go for?

1: Move to QA department regardless of the warning?

OR

2: Find another job in another company where my current work experience (4.5 years) will count and make sure they file for my GC?

3: Is it advisable to change job when I have 2 years left on last H1 visa ( concerned about 7 th year extension and GC filing date)

Please advice...I need help.... Any response / suggestion / experience is highly appreciated. I am totally new to GC process and never started the process at all.

Thanks,

Gautam

Right,
you can then file I-485 once your April-2004 date becomes current.
The other advantage of having an approved LC is (even if date is unavailable) you can get I-140 approved. Once that's approved you can 1) file for 3-year H-1B extensions 2) use that priority date even if sometime in the future you would have to file a new LC again (due to job change...).

my_gc007 said:
Thanks g. guru.
But my chances of switching to a stable job is fairly less now as I m with family.

Moreover, why would I file I-485 when Dec-2004 became current. (did I get something wrong here).
My PD is April-2004, so I believe I would file i-485 Apr-04 became current and moreover CA I-485 much ahead of rest of the states with just 3-4 months behind.

So I think I would consider converting my RIR EB3 to PERM with PD of April-2004.

What are your thoughts ?

Could any gurus please help?

Can anyone help me with this...
zir_p said:
My qualification Bsc, PGDCA and MCA and have 5 yrs of exp after mca before joining my current employer, total 10 yrs after pgdca. will i qualify for eb2 if my current employer is willing to co-opertate?

my_gc007 said:
Thanks g. guru.

Moreover, why would I file I-485 when Dec-2004 became current. (did I get something wrong here. YES).

WHo told EB3 dates are current. As of today no dates are available. It is not going to be current in near future.

What are your thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator:
gautam_t said:
GREAT GURU,

I have a question regarding PERM process and job/work experience.
After my MS (industrial engg), I joined a company where I worked in the Tech support for 4.5 years. I was promoted once. Now I am planning to switch to software QA department because of specific skillset they needed for one position ( internal transfer to a different department) and who are ready to file for my GC.
iIHave BS + 1.5 years ( India ) OR MS + this 4 and half years in usa ( not sure if it will count)

I was informed by my current management that none of my experience in current dept will count for PERM process even if QA files for my GC and they are kind of discouraging my move.

I have 2 years and 15 days left on my second H1 visa. What option should I go for?

1: Move to QA department regardless of the warning?
If you are going to QA, make sure you have ASQ certification, it will make you qualify with your Indian 1.5 yrs exp. Do you have any other certification TQM, SixSigma green or balck belts. If you have any one of them you can easily qualify even EB2 for QA profession.

OR

2: Find another job in another company where my current work experience (4.5 years) will count and make sure they file for my GC? Find a financially sound company.
3: Is it advisable to change job when I have 2 years left on last H1 visa ( concerned about 7 th year extension and GC filing date)

you can jump any job, provided any one of the LC with any company must be one year old before your 7th year extn with any company.
Please advice...I need help.... Any response / suggestion / experience is highly appreciated. I am totally new to GC process and never started the process at all.

Thanks,

Gautam

To Great Guru

Hi Great GURU,

Thanks a lot for your reply. So it looks like even after switching my department, my 4.5 years work experience in the present company will not count.

I do not have TQM or six sigma certification. The only connection I have with quality assurance was that my major in industrial engineering masters was " manufacturing systems and Quality Management"

What needs to be done to get this certification? I am also googling it on net but if u know any resources could you please direct me to any links?

Thanks,

Gautam...

Hi All,

I am in the confusion of selecting preapproved labor with EB3 or go with PERM by changing the company.

I waited for long enough in the same company nothing happened, no promotion, no salary increase, no designation change. I sticked with the same company thought of getting EAD sometime then move.

But it won't happen another few years, so I am thinking of changing the company with

(1) preapproved labor with EB3

(or)

(2) Go with PERM ?

Would you please come forward and advice me which one to select in my case ? Especially I like to know Pros and Cons for both cases

Thanks
Arun

EB2 or Eb3 with Masters just completed ?

Hi Guys,

I have a question about eb2 and eb3 ....

I joined my current employer five years ago when I had 3 years and 3 months experience (now it is 8 years and 3 months). But since my company has started applying for GCs in Dec. 2004, they applied it in EB3 non-RIR because they only considered my experience at the time of joining.

I have 2 questions:

1. Now after joining the current company, I have completed two Masters degrees (M.S. and M.B.A). Will that experience qualify me for EB2 ? I read somewhere that the masters degrees will qualify for EB2 even if the experince was gained before the Masters degrees were obtained.

2. If I can show that I have worked full time two more years before joining this company, will that help me ?

Thanks,
Rahul

EB2 or Eb3 with Masters just completed ?

Hi Guys,

I have a question about eb2 and eb3 ....

I joined my current employer five years ago when I had 3 years and 3 months experience (now it is 8 years and 3 months). But since my company has started applying for GCs in Dec. 2004, they applied it in EB3 non-RIR because they only considered my experience at the time of joining.

I have 2 questions:

1. Now after joining the current company, I have completed two Masters degrees (M.S. and M.B.A). Will that experience qualify me for EB2 ? I read somewhere that the masters degrees will qualify for EB2 even if the experince was gained before the Masters degrees were obtained.

2. If I can show that I have worked full time two more years before joining this company, will that help me ?

Thanks,
Rahul

Looking for answers to the same questions ?

I am also looking for answers to the above questions.

Thanks
-aakasa1

wages for perm eb2

1) I have B.E.(Chemical) from india and 5+ yrs of experience in software

Do i qualify for EB2

2) I have title of "Software Engineer", my co. is in michigan
what would be the prevailing wages like?