EB2 B.com + MBA - @NSC - RFE/Approval/Denial?

Idleburra

Registered Users (C)
I have applied my I140 in Nov 2006 and still no updates. Mine is 3+2 (Bcom + MBA) case in EB2 category. I have seen many cases with RFE's for 3 yr degree but all of them are EB3's. Are there any one who had RFE or approval in EB2 with the above combination.

Its alomost 10 months and nothing is happening.. and every day refreshing the USCIS for LUD or RFE or Approval..

Any approvals with the same combination can give some hope..

Regards

EB2 LC-09/04/2004
I140 RD -14/11/2006
I485 - Sent on 02/07/2007 No reciepts yet..

Mine is M.Com , MBA. You should be fine. See signature for details.
I have applied my I140 in Nov 2006 and still no updates. Mine is 3+2 (Bcom + MBA) case in EB2 category. I have seen many cases with RFE's for 3 yr degree but all of them are EB3's. Are there any one who had RFE or approval in EB2 with the above combination.

Its alomost 10 months and nothing is happening.. and every day refreshing the USCIS for LUD or RFE or Approval..

Regards

EB2 LC-09/04/2004
I140 RD -14/11/2006

Thanks for replying...

Kaushiks : Mine is M.Com , MBA. You should be fine. See signature for details.

Mine is with NSC, that is the issue we are worrying about... TSC I have seen many cases.. 2 of my friends also got approved from TSC and they already got the Card in hand. Both are 3 yr Bsc degree.

Any how I wish mine also approved soon or transferred to TSC for good..

Thanks

Any approvals from NSC for EB2 with 3+2

I have red in some threds that 3+2 they are equalling to US Degree, so we need 3+2 + 5yrs Exp before Labour PD date to be in this EB2.

But I have only 3.5 yrs exp after Masters, so I dont know how they consider my case and see..

I will wait for the good news..

I have red in some threds that 3+2 they are equalling to US Degree, so we need 3+2 + 5yrs Exp before Labour PD date to be in this EB2.

But I have only 3.5 yrs exp after Masters, so I dont know how they consider my case and see..

I will wait for the good news..

Is there any LUD on your I140 recently?

Hi

I have3+2 + 5 years exp before EB2, I have applied 3rd Nov 2006, i got RFE I-140 addtional evidence regarding my MBA and Bcom, you can see my full discription fo RFE. i need advise.

Thanks,
Kishan,

No LUD's from the Notice Date...

I dont have any LUD's after the Notice date i,e 11/26/2006.

May be it is still waiting for some IO to take it..

Thanks

Regards

EB2 LC-09/04/2004
I140 RD -14/11/2006
I had a similar case (BBA + MS Finance). Filed under EB2 PP and got a denial within a week. NSC does not normally accept 3-yr Bachelors degree as being equivalent to US Bachelors. Most people with such cases get RFE but a few like me (especially who file under EB2) get denial straight away. I had my degrees evaluated from Shiela Danzig as well as from other agencies but that didn't help. My first MTR was denied too. I eventually got approved but had to prove that my BBA and MS were "special" and not regular BS and MS. I did that by getting letters from my university (which luckily has a good reputation) stating that the admission to those programs was not open to anyone but required a National Level Entrance exam and acceptance rate to both the programs was very low (~5% of the applicants get admitted), and the programs were very intensive and both required submission of project reports/thesis in addition to regular academic courses for graduation.

My suggestion to you is to be prepared for RFE/denial. Start working on getting letters from your Univ to show any special requirements for admission/graduation for your degrees. I guess admission to the MBA required an entrance exam. You can use that to argue that you had to out-compete other 4-year degree holders to get admission. I hope that you won't have to go through all that and your case will get approved but I think it is better to be prepared. Once you get a denial/RFE, you have only a few days to reply/file MTR.

All the best.

I had a similar case (BBA + MS Finance). Filed under EB2 PP and got a denial within a week. NSC does not normally accept 3-yr Bachelors degree as being equivalent to US Bachelors. Most people with such cases get RFE but a few like me (especially who file under EB2) get denial straight away. I had my degrees evaluated from Shiela Danzig as well as from other agencies but that didn't help. My first MTR was denied too. I eventually got approved but had to prove that my BBA and MS were "special" and not regular BS and MS. I did that by getting letters from my university (which luckily has a good reputation) stating that the admission to those programs was not open to anyone but required a National Level Entrance exam and acceptance rate to both the programs was very low (~5% of the applicants get admitted), and the programs were very intensive and both required submission of project reports/thesis in addition to regular academic courses for graduation.

My suggestion to you is to be prepared for RFE/denial. Start working on getting letters from your Univ to show any special requirements for admission/graduation for your degrees. I guess admission to the MBA required an entrance exam. You can use that to argue that you had to out-compete other 4-year degree holders to get admission. I hope that you won't have to go through all that and your case will get approved but I think it is better to be prepared. Once you get a denial/RFE, you have only a few days to reply/file MTR.

All the best.

Thanks for your reply, yes we do have entrance exam for MBA and I have got the 213 rank out of some 50k attempted and we compete with Btech folks for that admission. But the problem is, I dont think our University will give such kind of letter to me.

Can you please give me the format of that letter, so that I will prepare the letter my self and get it signed by the university.

Please respond soon, because my RD is now in processing in NSC. I may get the decision anytime now.

Thanks again for you time.

Regards

Thanks for your reply, yes we do have entrance exam for MBA and I have got the 213 rank out of some 50k attempted and we compete with Btech folks for that admission. But the problem is, I dont think our University will give such kind of letter to me.

Can you please give me the format of that letter, so that I will prepare the letter my self and get it signed by the university.

Please respond soon, because my RD is now in processing in NSC. I may get the decision anytime now.

Regards

Contact your HR or lawyer and find about your case..Its already 30 days from your RD...NSC is doing 1/1/2007..so RD's before 12/1/2006 can contact USCIS thru HR or lawyer.

Regards
My letter was nothing really special. I got it from the head of my department. It was not addressed to anyone in particular but "To Whom It May Concern". It started with a couple of lines about who that letter was about and, when and for how long I was a student at that dept. Then it went on to talk about the program itself, requirements for admission and graduation etc, such as how hard it is to get admitted into the program (compared to similar programs at other universities and also other Masters programs at the same University). Then last paragraph had a few lines about how well I was qualified for that program and how I finished it successfully with top honors.

Again, you do not necessarily need to get this letter from university's admissions office. Get it from a faculty member on a letterhead and hopefully that will be enough.

All the best.

Regards

Any update on ur 140?

My letter was nothing really special. I got it from the head of my department. It was not addressed to anyone in particular but "To Whom It May Concern". It started with a couple of lines about who that letter was about and, when and for how long I was a student at that dept. Then it went on to talk about the program itself, requirements for admission and graduation etc, such as how hard it is to get admitted into the program (compared to similar programs at other universities and also other Masters programs at the same University). Then last paragraph had a few lines about how well I was qualified for that program and how I finished it successfully with top honors.

Again, you do not necessarily need to get this letter from university's admissions office. Get it from a faculty member on a letterhead and hopefully that will be enough.

All the best.

I do agree, but your letter 'WORKED' and we dont know which words or frame in that made it work. So that is the reaon why I want to have that ready in hand before I hear anything from them.

I asked my HOD and he is happy to give in what ever format I send to help me out.

Dont mind asking you again, but please share the success with us as well.

I sent a private message to your ID with my email ID.

Thanks and Regards

I do agree, but your letter 'WORKED' and we dont know which words or frame in that made it work. So that is the reaon why I want to have that ready in hand before I hear anything from them.

I asked my HOD and he is happy to give in what ever format I send to help me out.

Dont mind asking you again, but please share the success with us as well.

I sent a private message to your ID with my email ID.

Thanks and Regards

Did you receive any update on ur case?

Idleburra.

Any update on ur case. NSC current processing date shows Feb 07. Did you raise a service request with NSC?

Thanks

Idleburra.

Any update on ur case. NSC current processing date shows Feb 07. Did you raise a service request with NSC?

Thanks

No update nothing from USCIS. I have asked my Lawyer to create a service request, but I dont think she will do that.. She said she many pending from Oct 06 and Nov 06. Now my wife is looking for job on EAD and we are not willing to join on W2 as this I140 is still pending..

I will defnetly post here, the moment I have some progress in my case.

Thanks

Great Guru / Friends

You have posted a lot of valuable information on this forum. I think may be you can help me out with writing job description.

My intention is to apply for EB2. I have MS in EE form US and BS in EE from home (4 yrs degree). I work in my present company for 15 months on contract and now for 14 months as a permanent employ. I also have 1 yr of experience after finishing my BS back home (before coming to US).

I discussed with my boss and asked him to put MS in the job description with OR. Thats what he put.
-------------------------------------------------
Bachelor of Science in Engineering and at least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position OR Masters of Science in Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position

I think he should put 5 years instead of 3. Now my question is, how we should put it so that MS+1 goes into Primary qualification. Should we put it like this.

Bachelor of Science in Engineering and at least 5 additional years of experience in an engineering position OR Masters of Science in Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position

--------------------------------------------------

or should we put it like this.

Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering and at least 1 year of experience in an engineering position OR equivalent*

- *Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 5 years of progressive experience will substitute for Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 1 year of such experience.

Now i think I will qualify for MS+1. I have 15 months contracting experience and 14 months permenent job experience with my current employer.

Please advice about writing job description. Also, my jd for GC is very different then what I was hired for 14 months ago. They tried to make it more then 50% different.

Sincerely,

arafeen

No update nothing from USCIS. I have asked my Lawyer to create a service request, but I dont think she will do that.. She said she many pending from Oct 06 and Nov 06. Now my wife is looking for job on EAD and we are not willing to join on W2 as this I140 is still pending..

I will defnetly post here, the moment I have some progress in my case.

Thanks

My lawyer created the SR last week and has been told to wait 45 days. My date is Dec 2006.

did your lawyer raise the SR as well?

Any other update?

thanks