EB1A RFE: Neglect (omit) questions you can't answer???

fifthave

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends here, I have got an EB1A RFE.
The Immigration officer had five questions and I think I can answer 3 of them. The other two questions are the significance of "Sigma Xi" membership and conference posters.
I want to focus on the 3 crteria that I can defend better. If I give up on the two questions regarding the significance of "Sigma Xi" membership and conference posters, should I just neglect them and not mention them at all in my reply to RFE?

The immigration officer asked me to succinctly answer each question, does that mean I need to keep the letter very short? If I am only answering three questions in the RFE, do you think 2 pages of cover letter is long enough?

Many thanks!

I think you need to reply all question, better clearly mention which three criteria you are claiming.

Do not stress for Sigma Xi but you need to mention it has 200 nobel lauretes (copy from their letter) selection criteria from theri web site for full membership, such as selected by nomination etc.

Thanks,
Did you quote any immigration law code (like the IO did in the RFE notice) in your RFE response letter?

I think you need to reply all question, better clearly mention which three criteria you are claiming.

Do not stress for Sigma Xi but you need to mention it has 200 nobel lauretes (copy from their letter) selection criteria from theri web site for full membership, such as selected by nomination etc.

In my EB1 EA cover letter, I wrote this for Sigma Xi membership:

The Scientific Research Society was founded in 1886. Membership in Sigma Xi is by nomination. Full Membership is conferred upon any individual who has shown noteworthy achievement as an original investigator in a field of pure or applied science or engineering. This noteworthy achievement must be evidenced by publication as a first author on two articles published in a refereed journal, patents, written reports or a thesis or dissertation. Only Full Members may nominate other candidates to the Society or vote in the annual Assembly of Delegates. In addition, only Full Members are eligible to serve on Sigma Xi committees or take office on the Board of Directors. More than 200 winners of the Nobel Prize have been Sigma Xi members.

Do you need the membership criterion? Or do you have three others which are solid?

Sorry, but the description of the Sigma Xi you gave means that any scientist with two publications as first author can be nonimated... You can't call that "selective" in the sense of the USCIS membership criterion....

By the way, there are plenty of Nobel Prizes in the human species... doesn't make me a Nobel Prize ;)

Chris

Thanks.
It seems full membership of Sigma Xi is not that "outstanding" to IO.
So I will focus on the three criteria that I can meet.

Do you need the membership criterion? Or do you have three others which are solid?

Sorry, but the description of the Sigma Xi you gave means that any scientist with two publications as first author can be nonimated... You can't call that "selective" in the sense of the USCIS membership criterion....

By the way, there are plenty of Nobel Prizes in the human species... doesn't make me a Nobel Prize ;)

Chris

Thanks.
It seems full membership of Sigma Xi is not that "outstanding" to IO.
So I will focus on the three criteria that I can meet.

I would suggest you to claim THREE strong critteria you have already. But there is no harm in mentioning the memberships and awards somewhere in the cover letter but make sure you don't claim them as one of the criteria.

Good luck

Dear friends here, I have got an EB1A RFE.
The Immigration officer had five questions and I think I can answer 3 of them. The other two questions are the significance of "Sigma Xi" membership and conference posters.
I want to focus on the 3 crteria that I can defend better. If I give up on the two questions regarding the significance of "Sigma Xi" membership and conference posters, should I just neglect them and not mention them at all in my reply to RFE?

The immigration officer asked me to succinctly answer each question, does that mean I need to keep the letter very short? If I am only answering three questions in the RFE, do you think 2 pages of cover letter is long enough?

Many thanks!
fifthavenue,
You must answer clearly for 3 criterions and answer someting for the rest. we can`t ignore/omit the questions.
BTW, can you please post your comments and credentials here for better feedback.