EB1-Outstanding Professor/Researcher criteria question

Veggie3

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've seen previous threads on the topic, but they were all from people in STEM fields. I'm in the Humanities, so maybe the yardsticks are different.

I'm a professor and administrator at a small university, currently on H-1B status (since May 2012). I'm trying to assess how demanding are the criteria for applying under the EB-1 Outstanding Professor/Researchers category. I have experience of over 3 years in both research and teaching.

I have one book and more than half a dozen articles in scholarly publications with International circulation (in all of them but one I'm the only author). In addition I was asked to contribute to an Encyclopedia in my field that comes out by one of the largest publishing houses in Europe.

I have a few (3-4) direct references about my work written in scholarly journals by fellow scholars.

I served as a judge three times for one scholarly journal in my field.

I guess what I'm asking is whether the fact I have a relatively minimal fulfillment of three criteria would be enough (USCIS demands evidence for two criteria).

Another wrinkle is that at my university I'm employed as both faculty and administrator, so even if my position is considered "permanent" I'm not formally on a tenure track. Can that be a problem?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!