EB I-485 approved after I quit my job

nati309

Registered Users (C)
My Employment based petition just got approved (after many years of waiting), but I no longer work for the company. will this create a problem in the future? (Since quitting the job, I re-filed for marriage based Green Card). Please advice!

(I worked with that company for 5 years, waiting for my GC based on my job I had at the time. Later (just a couple of months ago), I moved, submitted my change of address, got married and filed for a Second I-485, this time marriage based. I am technically actually still employed with that company, but swiched to part time and did't work any hours, hence didn't get paid in the last couple of months. My Employment based I-485 has been transferred to the new DO where I live now (since I filed change of address) and now they got it at the new DO and approved it. My marriage based is at it's early stages and is still pending.)

withdraw your I-485 application based on marriage and be happy. you have nothing to worry about because you don't have to keep working for the same company forever. I don't see any problem with that.

withdraw your I-485 application based on marriage and be happy. you have nothing to worry about because you don't have to keep working for the same company forever. I don't see any problem with that.

It won't be an issue that I quit before my green card got approved? Thanks.

Green Cards are actually meant for FUTURE permanent employment. You don't even have to necessarily work with sponsoring employer at the time of filing. However, most attorneys suggest that you work with the sponsoring employer for about 6 months after the approval of your Green card because it is intended for future employment so that USCIS won't raise any questions of "fraud" during citizenship interview. You have mentioned in another thread that you are technically still with the company. So why not work with that company and get paid for a few months, just in case you are worried? However, talk to your attorney and get good advice.

It won't be an issue that I quit before my green card got approved? Thanks.