EB error on I140 - put in wrong category

gcrayudu

Registered Users (C)
I am having a proiblem with the I140 approval and I485 visa requested in wrong category. My Labor Certification is filed in EB3( BS with 2 plus years of experience). The company does not want to take risk hence filed in EB3 category.
After the labor certification is approved I filed my I140 in EB2 with the appropriate documentation qualifying for the upgraded/change position with additional skills and my I140 got approved in EB2 and the approval has 203 (b) 2.
After filing I485, interview is scheduled and the officer satisfied that the documents are sufficient and I am approveable the Immigration Officer requested visa number and came back saying no visa number is available hence we need to wait. At the time of interview(Ocotber 2005) both EB3 and EB2 are retrogressed. The officer did not give any sort of documents hence did not know anything such what category he requested what code did he use.
In July 27th the Immigration Officer mentioned that the previous officer requested the visa number in EB3(E37). I spoke with an attorney who said that it is possible to change and hence taken the steps to correct the error/mistake of wrong EB Category.Because of this wrong category I did not get visa number.
What are my chances that the USCIS goes back and corrects the error and put back in EB2 and request number in E21 or E26.I already sent the letters of my I140 approval, receipt of I140. What process should I take apart from reaching out CIS Ombudsman, Congresswoman,Senator,self letter addressing to the USCIS about the error and the potential long waiting periods for no fault of mine.
Any suggestions?