• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Earthquake in Nepal

So the challenges for Nepalese selectees now will be:

1. Their own health and well being and that of their immediate family (if directly impacted by the quake)
  2. Obtaining required paperwork from sources impacted by the quake
  3. Travelling for the interview
  4. Seeing the panel physician
  5. The chance that the embassy is not operating at full efficiency and may reduce its capacity.
Apart from point 1 the other points should be getting better within a couple of weeks. So it is only a question of how KCC handles things in the next VB.

I think what happened in Yemen is the closest indication of what KCC will do. Yemen embassy was unable to accept interviews for some time. During that time VB progression continued, but Yemeni selectees were not scheduled. As soon as they asked for an embassy change they were scheduled. In cases I helped with, the scheduling happened within hours if the request.

So if Nepal embassy cannot schedule interviews, progression could continue for Asia. However, that could mean slower progression later once Nepal is able to interview cases and we will see something similar to the DS260 backlog effect that we have seen in other regions (VB starts higher then slows down later).

So the challenges for Nepalese selectees now will be:

1. Their own health and well being and that of their immediate family (if directly impacted by the quake)
  2. Obtaining required paperwork from sources impacted by the quake
  3. Travelling for the interview
  4. Seeing the panel physician
  5. The chance that the embassy is not operating at full efficiency and may reduce its capacity.
Apart from point 1 the other points should be getting better within a couple of weeks. So it is only a question of how KCC handles things in the next VB.

I think what happened in Yemen is the closest indication of what KCC will do. Yemen embassy was unable to accept interviews for some time. During that time VB progression continued, but Yemeni selectees were not scheduled. As soon as they asked for an embassy change they were scheduled. In cases I helped with, the scheduling happened within hours if the request.

So if Nepal embassy cannot schedule interviews, progression could continue for Asia. However, that could mean slower progression later once Nepal is able to interview cases and we will see something similar to the DS260 backlog effect that we have seen in other regions (VB starts higher then slows down later).

So based on what you said, how would you change your prediction for next bulletin? Give us your expected new range. BTW, how many interviews do you think got cancelled in Nepal over the past week?

So based on what you said, how would you change your prediction for next bulletin? Give us your expected new range. BTW, how many interviews do you think got cancelled in Nepal over the past week?

I'm not certain enough of their approach to go about re-predicting the range. It might be what I predicted, it might be different.

Rough guess, based on a typical week 50/60 ish interviews...