EAD Timeline: Updated

dr_lha said:
Well yes, processing times are just bullshit in general, but a nice way for the USCIS to fob you off when you don't get processed early.

Over on the other website I frequent a bunch of people with similar timelines got their EAD notices today. Fingers crossed.
What other website are you talking about?

Thanks for the link to VisaJourney ! I'm going to hop over there and drive myself even crazier. It actually looks like they have a lot more info compiled about the different D.O.s, which is interesting, given the widely varying timelines.

Hi,

Here is my timeline:
06/16/26: Receive date of I-130, I-131, I-485 and I-765
06/22/06: Notice Date - all
07/21/06: FP
09/14/06: AOS interview scheduled (Boston, MA)

Questions:
- Can there still be an RFE for EAD?
- 09/14 will be day 91 after receive date. Will they give me EAD/iEAD the same day if the interview goes well and I EAD is not approved?

Thanks,
Juergen

jschreitmueller said:
Hi,

Here is my timeline:
06/16/26: Receive date of I-130, I-131, I-485 and I-765
06/22/06: Notice Date - all
07/21/06: FP
09/14/06: AOS interview scheduled (Boston, MA)

Questions:
- Can there still be an RFE for EAD?
- 09/14 will be day 91 after receive date. Will they give me EAD/iEAD the same day if the interview goes well and I EAD is not approved?

Thanks,
Juergen
No, you will not get an RFE anymore, congrats! And when you get approved at the interview you will not need an EAD by then, because your GC = work permit.
Good luck! :)

curious

Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as most of you guys.. still waiting for AP and EAD.
and spend a lot of time on this portal.. I have lately become well versed on most of the abbreviations ,, however am hoping someone could tell me what LUD is :) ..
Another question i have is when I mailed in the forms I-465, I-131,I-765 and I-130. I included 2 less pictures . so i am expecting an RFE . However can anyone give me an insight on which of the 3 applications (485,765,131) I should be expecting the RFE ??

Mailed July 10/06 to chicago lock box
ND July/19/06
FP Aug/9/06
Waiting................

Thanks in advance

LUD = last update...the date USCIS last looked at your stuff. Your LUD can change with no actual updates so bear with it.

Your RFE for your pics could be for any application, depending on which picture you didn't have. You should have sent pics of the petitioner and beneficiary.

Has anyone had a case or heard of the case where after a long time their LUD's were updated, with no email, but got their EAD in the mail anyway?

Ssn

Here's what I found so far, what you need to get SSN
To get a Social Security number or a replacement card, you must prove your U.S. citizenship or immigration status, age and identity. For a replacement card, proof of your U.S. citizenship and age are not required if they are already in our records. Under the new law, only certain documents can be accepted as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include your U.S. birth certificate, a U.S. passport, a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship. If you are not a U.S. citizen, different rules apply for proving your immigration status, and those rules have not changed.

If you are not a U.S. citizen, Social Security must see your current U.S. immigration documents. Acceptable documents from the Department of Homeland Security include your:

Form I-551 (includes machine-readable immigrant visa with your unexpired foreign passport);
I-94 with your unexpired foreign passport; or
Work permit card (I-766 or I-688B).

Finally

After filing a Case Status Inquiry we finally got email approval on the I-765 EAD Application today. Day 82. I'll be curious to see if the card actually arrives, but I would encourage anyone whose case seems to be stagnating to Inquire. I'll be doing it again if an interview letter doesn't arrive within a couple of months.. :D

JustCounting said:
After filing a Case Status Inquiry we finally got email approval on the I-765 EAD Application today. Day 82. I'll be curious to see if the card actually arrives, but I would encourage anyone whose case seems to be stagnating to Inquire. I'll be doing it again if an interview letter doesn't arrive within a couple of months.. :D
How do you Inquire about a case status??? can you e-file? what form did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you Inquire about a case status??? can you e-file? what form did you use?

Blondy - I don't know much about inquiring about anything beyond the EAD. What I know is that if you've heard nothing about your case after 75 days from Receipt Date (i.e., no interview letter, no RFE, no EAD or AP approval) you can call the 800 number and ask to file a Case Status Inquiry. This basically means they go "look" for your file and inquire as to why no action has been taken on it (i.e., is it being used as a paperweight or foot prop in somebody's office). They tell you that you will hear something within 30 days, but in our case we got EAD approval within four days after asking for Inquiry.

I think they were hoping to process our case within a 90-day timeline, but perhaps the National Center doesn't realize how backlogged our D.O. is. (right hand doesn't know what left is doing). So they went ahead and gave my husband his EAD after realizing its going to be the 12th of Never before we get an Interview in Memphis :p

You've got an interview coming up at the end of the month, so I'm not sure filing CSI would speed things up much for you - you'll be home free once your interview is done and won't need EAD or AP, congrats and good luck !

Justcounting

Thank you very much for your response. You are right, no need for me to inquire, at least I got the interview letter. I guess, it is what they assumed, why issue EAD to me when I have interview coming up. Maybe it is a good news when it comes to interview. One of my friend, when she went for her interview here in San Diego, they approved her husband without asking any questions, officer just said You approved. I hope it will happen the same to me too :)
JustCounting I hope you will get your EAD card very soon.

You could try InfoPass. It might help.

I went for my InfoPass yesterday and the Officer told me she would send a copy of my 765 notice to Missouri and try and make them look it up in my file. It seems that they are not doing much about EADs & APs if your interview ahs been scheduled.

I'm not sure if they'll actaully do anything but at least my local office sent out a request to look it up and try and process it.

Vik2006

I though of infopass, but they don't have anything available till September, so I have no choice but wait for interview, which is around the corner. It is just seems that I have wasted $180 on filling EAD

I got approved for GC

What a relief..I did not get EAD before my interview, but I am happy about my interview and the stamp in my passport.. My interview was on 99 day from ND, ARI4U-Please update my table :) THANKS!!!!!!
I wish everyone best and good luck.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: