EAD timeline after RFE

hi everyone..i had a question regarding RFE. The response to RFE (affidavit of support) was sent to USCIS on 15th Aug..i guess they should have got it within2-3 days..but there has been no update on their website regarding my case. The LUD is still 8/8/05 (the day they sent out RFE). is this normal?

thanks,
meers

I think they are reviewing the package you sent .

meers said:
hi everyone..i had a question regarding RFE. The response to RFE (affidavit of support) was sent to USCIS on 15th Aug..i guess they should have got it within2-3 days..but there has been no update on their website regarding my case. The LUD is still 8/8/05 (the day they sent out RFE). is this normal?

thanks,
meers

Hey Meers ,

I believe they are jsut reviewing docs you sent and when everything is correct you would have a case resumed LUD and an EAD approval . give them 20 days for the most and if not call the USCIS . I`m sending mine this week but i`m just waiting for my co-sponsor to get me his taxes docs to add in the package. If you follow Optmo table you would see it takes almost 20 days after having sent the RFE to have an update.

philaug28 said:
Hey Meers ,

I believe they are jsut reviewing docs you sent and when everything is correct you would have a case resumed LUD and an EAD approval . give them 20 days for the most and if not call the USCIS . I`m sending mine this week but i`m just waiting for my co-sponsor to get me his taxes docs to add in the package. If you follow Optmo table you would see it takes almost 20 days after having sent the RFE to have an update.

i hope you are right Phil.. i just dont want any problems anymore.!! :)

Hi,
I sent my requested supplemental form on the same day, you did and on the 22 nd they updated, that they received it, and it is taking to process this kind of case ( I- 485 ) between 120 - 180 days, but besause of the preliminary processing was complete the remaining processing time will be less, than the maximum stated in that message.

My LUD changed to Aug. 23th. They said that they received my medical. Wonder how long it will take to get my EAD now.

It would appear that only a few people who did their fp in July have received EADs .That means the rest of us have a long wait.
There was an LUD on my i765 the same day I did fp but the message never changed

RD 6/6/05
ND 6/21/05
FP 8/10/05
RFE 8/12/05

ridge88 said:
It would appear that only a few people who did their fp in July have received EADs .That means the rest of us have a long wait.
There was an LUD on my i765 the same day I did fp but the message never changed

RD 6/6/05
ND 6/21/05
FP 8/10/05
RFE 8/12/05
I don't think that uscis follows the fp date for processing timeline. They mainly follow the ND and in our cases the RFE date as well.
BTW did anyone receive any approvals lately. I am getting stressed out here. It seems that there is a lul in the approvals for people with and without RFEs.njexpress, any news? It seems that your approval should be coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe it!!!!

I got an email at 8:30 pm today from USCIS saying that "On August 24, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I am soooooo happy..i cant believe it..they never updated the website..i hope i get the card soon now!!!

thank you so much for evryone's help here..i'll keep u guys posted!!

meers

what had been approuved ?

is that the i-485 or the 765 meers ? i`m so happy for you please let us know what was approuved ?

philaug28 said:
is that the i-485 or the 765 meers ? i`m so happy for you please let us know what was approuved ?

My I-765 was approved..it has an LUD of 8/24/05

But my I-485, I-130 and I-131 still have an LUD of 8/8/05 (the date they sent out an RFE). Infact the I-485 status still shows that "On August 8, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

So I dont know what to make of it!

Thanks,
Meers

Wow, Congratulations meers! Thats great news. Thanks for sharing your information with us. This gives the rest of us some hope :)

oh ok i beleive that they received your rfe ....

They approuved your case because they received your RFE , they will follow the processing of your i-485 .

kilonzi said:
Wow, Congratulations meers! Thats great news. Thanks for sharing your information with us. This gives the rest of us some hope :)
Congratulations meers.
It seems that the uscis approval after RFE is haphazard, with dates ranging from 55-95 days post ND. I have no explanation for this except that it might depend on the officer working on each case. I guess some are fast some are not.

guys,

i got an RFE received msg from USCIS on 8/12. after that the LUD on I485 has been updated twice to 8/17 and 8/24, but no status/LUD update on my I765. Is anyone else experiencing similar scenario.

optmo, u seem to be having similar time lines as me. any updates ???.

nirukab said:
guys,

i got an RFE received msg from USCIS on 8/12. after that the LUD on I485 has been updated twice to 8/17 and 8/24, but no status/LUD update on my I765. Is anyone else experiencing similar scenario.

No updates yet, but hopefully soon for me, you, and njexpress. It seems that uscis is taking longer and longer to process EADs. It is summer vacation time for them I guess.

nirukab said:
guys,

I did fp on 8/10 and had a LUD on my I765 then on 8/12 I had a msg for r'cvd RFE from USCIS.on 8/24 i got email on receipt of fingerprints for I485 but nothing for I765,the message for I765 remains the same ie 'we received your application on 6/24 it's taking between 30-90 days to process... so i think it kinda similar

Hi Guys,
Did anyone recieve any updates yet? It seems that uscis should start approving some of our cases, especially the ones in June?

RFE-translation of the birth certificate

Yesterday I received an online update and a letter requesting further evidence.

My birth certificate is a bilingual document. Has the attribute in english and its hindi equivalent. The information in original birth certificate is in follwing format.

Date of birth/ (Hindi equivalent) : **-**-**** ( This info is in english)
Place of birth/(Hindi equivalent) : *****

Well, the RFE is about submitting a translation of the birth certificate. I have just given up trying to argue with a CSR on help line. I would rather just submit what has been asked for ( despite the submitted document being in English)

Any ideas about where to obtain these translation services from. Any particular format which INS/BCIS/USCIS insists upon

Any insights will be appreciated

Sincerely
Vikas

When can I go to DO to receive a temporary work permit?

I have work permit from my student visa. I started to work knowing that work permit approval does not usually take more than 2 months. It has been more than 3 months since NBC has received my papers and a little less that 3 moths since the notice date. My student work permit (which is full-time during vacation) has expired 2 days ago. I went to the DO (New York) right before it was supposed to expire to get some kind of temporary work permit, but they sent me to a wrong room, where the advance paroles are issued and GC interviews are held. I thought it would be nice to get an Advance Parole as well since it is taking to long and we were planning to travel in September and needed to buy the tickets. Anyway, it was a nightmare. I came first and spent almost 9 hours waiting. I got it :) (which is the most important thing!!!), but I was the last . I could not leave the room so I was late to ask about my temporary work permit, because their office was closed already. I will not be able to handle that 9 hours waiting anymore, so I am very curious when exactly I can apply for temporary work permit. I know it is coming :) in 2 or 3 weeks from NBC (WE”RE ALL HOPING), but I do not want to work without work permit.
Sorry for such a long story. Anyway, is it supposed to be 90 days since NBC received my application or 90 days since the receipt date?

katia said:
I have work permit from my student visa. I started to work knowing that work permit approval does not usually take more than 2 months. It has been more than 3 months since NBC has received my papers and a little less that 3 moths since the notice date. My student work permit (which is full-time during vacation) has expired 2 days ago. I went to the DO (New York) right before it was supposed to expire to get some kind of temporary work permit, but they sent me to a wrong room, where the advance paroles are issued and GC interviews are held. I thought it would be nice to get an Advance Parole as well since it is taking to long and we were planning to travel in September and needed to buy the tickets. Anyway, it was a nightmare. I came first and spent almost 9 hours waiting. I got it :) (which is the most important thing!!!), but I was the last . I could not leave the room so I was late to ask about my temporary work permit, because their office was closed already. I will not be able to handle that 9 hours waiting anymore, so I am very curious when exactly I can apply for temporary work permit. I know it is coming :) in 2 or 3 weeks from NBC (WE”RE ALL HOPING), but I do not want to work without work permit.
Sorry for such a long story. Anyway, is it supposed to be 90 days since NBC received my application or 90 days since the receipt date?

If you go to the DO and explain to them that this is an emergency (have some paper work, like you will be terminated from your job if they don't give it to you as well as your receipts) and they should issue you a temporary one.