** EAD Renewal **

fast_gc_seeker

Registered Users (C)
My current EAD expires in Mar 2006. If I keep all documents ready for EAD renewal with some friend, can they send my application while I'm outside US?

Or somebody has to be physically present inside US when EAD renewal application is sent?

Why you don't send by yourself now? Are you absolutely sure you will have approval fast?

nsch said:
Why you don't send by yourself now? Are you absolutely sure you will have approval fast?
Like I said my EAD expires in Mar 2006. If I send renewal application now it may be approved in a months time ie expiry date on new EAD will be approx Jan 2007.
I want to avoid this so can EAD renewal be mailed while I'm outside US?

fast_gc_seeker said:
Like I said my EAD expires in Mar 2006. If I send renewal application now it may be approved in a months time ie expiry date on new EAD will be approx Jan 2007.I want to avoid this so can EAD renewal be mailed while I'm outside US?

Unlike AP, I don't believe you need to be physically present in the US when you file. However, I will caution you that you might not want to risk things just for an extra 60 days on the EAD.

Oftentimes, people outsmart themselves.

TheRealCanadian said:
Unlike AP, I don't believe you need to be physically present in the US when you file. However, I will caution you that you might not want to risk things just for an extra 60 days on the EAD.

Oftentimes, people outsmart themselves.
TheRealCanadian, actually I checked my EAD again and its set to expire July 2006. I'll be leaving US in Jan 2006, so can papers be kept ready and mailed lets say around Apr 2006?. Thx

fast_gc_seeker said:
TheRealCanadian, actually I checked my EAD again and its set to expire July 2006. I'll be leaving US in Jan 2006, so can papers be kept ready and mailed lets say around Apr 2006?. Thx
anybody any comments?

fast_gc_seeker said:
I checked with paralegal of my employer and she says

" Per uscis guidelines one has to be physically present inside US to renew EAD..."

So whats the actual law?

fast_gc_seeker said:
I checked with paralegal of my employer and she says " Per uscis guidelines one has to be physically present inside US to renew EAD..." So whats the actual law?

Ask the paralegal, if they're so sure of it.

TheRealCanadian said:
Ask the paralegal, if they're so sure of it.
TRC the paralegal says "physical presence is must even for EAD renewal"...

I'm getting confused about the law. Can somebody pls advise?