EAD Renewal!!

Want GC Soon

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
If a case is transferred to local INS(485), and if one has to file his EAD/AP renewal, where does he need to send the application to? (Vermont or to the local transferred office)

His local INS office website link, doesnt show any processing times for EAD/AP.

What are his options? Has anyone been on this scenario before?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

for local office transfer, you need to file it to Chicago. Just take an infopass appt and go and talk to your local office and they will give you a packet full of info. You do not have any thing with VSC now as they do not have your file anymore. You will not get any EAC number, instead you will get an MSC number. I am going through this right now. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Hi pibo
i have some questions regarding my EAD renewal .if possible could u please give me reply. my case was transfered from VERMOUNT to St. paul district office.
1)so can I renew my EAD at st paul district ofiice,
2) if so who is going to renew ------i have to do it my self or my company .
3)mine is going to expirer on april/2005, so when can i apply like how meny days before.

thanks
kish

EAD Renewal - need biometrics?

Guys,
I sent in the completed application to renew my EAD last week along with 2 photograph's, and today I got the receipt with RD of 21 & ND of 24.
The details of the receipt are as follows:
Recept#: MSC-(not EAC)!
"BIOMETRICS-The next step is to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center."
etc..etc...
Is it a common practice nowadays to get FingerPrints(Biometrics) even for EAD renewal!? or was it by mistake they are doing all this!

Where did you send your EAD renewal application to? Was it to Vermont Service Center or did you send it to local INS Application Center where your case is transferred.

Thanks

Want GC Soon said:
Where did you send your EAD renewal application to? Was it to Vermont Service Center or did you send it to local INS Application Center where your case is transferred.

Thanks

To the new address..
USCIS, Chicago..

kalki007 said:
Guys,
I sent in the completed application to renew my EAD last week along with 2 photograph's, and today I got the receipt with RD of 21 & ND of 24.
The details of the receipt are as follows:
Recept#: MSC-(not EAC)!
"BIOMETRICS-The next step is to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center."
etc..etc...
Is it a common practice nowadays to get FingerPrints(Biometrics) even for EAD renewal!? or was it by mistake they are doing all this!
My case is pending with Vermont service center. I did apply myself EAD renewal electronicaly. then they were asking me to go to local office to take digital photo and digital signature and biometrics. I did the same. I received my EAD after 2 months.

Guys some one please help me

Hi pibo
i have some questions regarding my EAD renewal .if possible could u please give me reply. my case was transfered from VERMOUNT to St. paul district office.
1)so can I renew my EAD at st paul district ofiice,
2) if so who is going to renew ------i have to do it my self or my company .
3)mine is going to expirer on april/2005, so when can i apply like how meny days before.

thanks
kish

Guys, the answers are: all the informations that I got from Hartford INS oofice is that they opened this chicago office so that they can process all the local office transfer cases. They do not process any ead renewal now though the case is pending with them. The officer was nice and was explaining us the load that they have :eek:
The new office does not even have telephones (I do not believe this though) so that their employees can be maximum at their work, etc etc....

Now I will suggest that you all take an appt with your local office through infopass (take appt in the afternoon)....they officers are less busy in the afternoon as there is no walk-inns, and they talk to you long enough and try to help you as much as they can.

The officer gave us a packet full of info along with applications and fee list and an envelope with the chicago address.

Also, do not go by the VSC dates for EAD renewal as it takes 3-4 months to get the ead here. Mail it atleast 3.5 months before as u can atleast get i-EAD if you file 90 days before your expiry date of current EAD. Also, yeasterday I got a letter regarding biomatrices.....called the national service center as that number was given in the letter to contact and they scheduled my biometrices appt in mid-feb... I gave fingerprinting 1.5 months ago so asked them why again. She said that every application needs separate finger printing ...the prev was for 485, now we need it for EAD....

I hope all the info helps.....

pibo said:
Guys, the answers are: all the informations that I got from Hartford INS oofice is that they opened this chicago office so that they can process all the local office transfer cases. They do not process any ead renewal now though the case is pending with them. The officer was nice and was explaining us the load that they have :eek:
The new office does not even have telephones (I do not believe this though) so that their employees can be maximum at their work, etc etc....

Now I will suggest that you all take an appt with your local office through infopass (take appt in the afternoon)....they officers are less busy in the afternoon as there is no walk-inns, and they talk to you long enough and try to help you as much as they can.

The officer gave us a packet full of info along with applications and fee list and an envelope with the chicago address.

Also, do not go by the VSC dates for EAD renewal as it takes 3-4 months to get the ead here. Mail it atleast 3.5 months before as u can atleast get i-EAD if you file 90 days before your expiry date of current EAD. Also, yeasterday I got a letter regarding biomatrices.....called the national service center as that number was given in the letter to contact and they scheduled my biometrices appt in mid-feb... I gave fingerprinting 1.5 months ago so asked them why again. She said that every application needs separate finger printing ...the prev was for 485, now we need it for EAD....

I hope all the info helps.....

Pibo,
Are u sure that its Chicago office for everyone who got their cases transferred, as I am in dilemma where to send my application(to Vermont or local office)..

Please clarify. Also give me the exact address of Chicago, where it needs to be sent.

Have you got the EAC number for the EAD that you have filed? I am waiting for your answer now..

Thanks in advance

My case is still with VSC and I had sent the EAD paperwork to the Chicago office as specified in the documentation, and I got the receipt number with an MSC-!
I got an appointment for the Biometrices on 29th Jan!
My EAD would expire Mar212004