EAD renewal submitted to the wrong SC

mballav

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I found out today after about two months that my EAD renewal application was filed at TSC whereas my I-485 was filed at the CSC! My employer headquarters are in California and I am working at a client's site in Florida - the lawyer made the mistake based on my mailing address.

My question to the forum is - What should I do now? File a new renewal application with CSC (my current EAD expires 5/16!)? Or, can the lawyer call TSC and ask them to forward the application to CSC? My guess is that the later would take longer. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance,
Manish

My situation is the same except for My 485 is filed in TSC and my EAD renewal was filed by my lawyer in CSC. The receipt date is 12/4/2003. Online status says that the case is transferred to TSC on jan 19th and later updated as TSc received the application on Feb 25th. I am going to SFO office tomorrow to try and get my iEAD. I called national service center, explained my status and asked them if I can fo to SFO office to get iEAD. She said there should be no problem.

My current EAD expires on 4/15/2004. Will update you on the situation.

Madhav

mballav

File a new renewal application with CSC (my current EAD expires 5/16!)?
--- You can do that and now don’t pay the lawyer fees
Or, can the lawyer call TSC and ask them to forward the application to CSC?
--- Try if he can
My guess is that the later would take longer. What do you suggest?
---- You are correct

mballav

how did u find out about the mistake..when ever I call the customer service tehy dont tell me anythin

I just came back from SFo office and got my iEAD valid for 8 months. They didn't ask me any questions. They asked my original I-765 receipt notice. I only had had a copy as my lawyer has the original. When I told him the same, he became little pissed off and warned me that the original should always be with the applicant and not the lawyer, but was considerate enough to give the EAD.

Madhav.