EAD Renewal Question

swamig

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I've applied for EAD Renewal alongwith AP on 10/15/02. When I had read the mailing instructions @ INS Website. It had said that, If I apply for EAD with any other applications, I should send EAD application to the PO Box address for the other application.

So I have sent the application for EAD Renewal with application for AP renewal to AP applications PO Box address. I got receipt notice for AP dated 10/16/02 my check fo AP application got cleared. But no info. about my EAD application. The check also not cleared yet.

Whats wrong about it?

Could someone help me, Please !

Thanks sincerely
Swami G

SwamiJi,

I guess you should send EAD renewal application to the center where your I-485 is filed i mean either of NSC,CSC,EAC,texas service center applied to your I-485 case.Thats it! Have a good one buddy!

Regards
desiDBA

DesiDBA,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case its NSC, so I have applied to NSC. NSC has different PO Box # for different applications. But on the instructions, NSC says, if I apply I765 with anyother application I should send the application to the other(main) application's PO Box # address.

So, when I have sent my application for both AP and EAD renewal I have sent it all to the address for AP application. I have received AP receipt notice but no receipt or check withdrawl for EAD.

Thanks again.
Swami G

I am about to send applications for renewal too

I was suggested to send to two different p.o. boxes. Is that
the best way to do? Any experiences?

What is the current fees by the way? I heard someone
saying it is going to change in Nov 1. Burthy Murthy.com
and INS website has not said anything. They just changed in
last Feb/Mar old fees. What is the current effective fees?

gheewalabhai888,

Thank you very much for your reply. I guessed something like that.

But what about the application I had sent. Is it gone with the wind?

Re : Swamyg

Call INS and ask them about the fate of your EAD application. If they say they cannot find it, request the bank to stop payment of your check and send another application to the proper P.O.B this time.

Good Luck !

it is probably that the processing / receipt for the ead is taking a longer time than the AP processing. better call NSC and inquire about your application.

question, thou...if your due date is nearing it's end and nsc hasn't approved your application, will it be alright to re-apply at a local ins?

thanks.

same boat

I sent my EAD renewal application to NSC and to the P.O.Box specified in the instructions on 10/10/02 by Fedex. And it was received on 10/11/02. But till now I haven't get the Receipt notice or my check is also not yet encashed. I don't know, where my application is, whether it is rejected for any reason or something wrong with the P O Box. I am planning to call INS today, will update you once I talked to them.

thanks

Hello Guys,

I sincerely thank you all for your reply and views specially sachdev. I have spoken to an IIO @ NSC today. She said that there is an application for EAD renewal on file and receipt was sent out on 10/22/02. She also gave me the LIN # for the application.

So the application is not lost.

gheewalabhai888, the new application fee for EAD is $120.

OhioWaiter You were probably right. But you gotta wait till 90 days before approching local INS.

sri450, I'm positive and 99.99% sure your case is just like mine (taking bit longer time). Though I would suggest you to call NSC, You don't have to.

:)

Does anyone know how long before expiration of 1st EAD one can apply for the renewal at the NSC service center? Is it 4 months?

Thanks for any information on this.