EAD received waiting for GC Interview and Emergency visit to Home country.

narayana7

Registered Users (C)
My wife US citizen filed I 131, I 485 and I 765. I have received EAD card and waiting for Interview letter and in the meantime, my mother ( I am applicant) has hospitalized in my home country and my visiting is compulsory. Her condition is very serious. Can I travel without getting Interview. I am not eligible for file I 131 as my status was out of date ( more than 6 months). What are ways to travel under these circumstances.
Kindly someone explain the ways.

Thanks
Narayan

are you saying you are out of status? if so, DO NOT go out of the country under no circumstance unless you dont want to come back to the states. you must wait till you have your greencard in hand.

None. Zero. Nada. Zilch, unless you want to be refused entry at the port and serve out your three or ten year ban as the case may be.
What are ways to travel under these circumstances.
Kindly someone explain the ways.

Thanks
Narayan

None. Zero. Nada. Zilch, unless you want to be refused entry at the port and serve out your three or ten year ban as the case may be.

Thanks for the update.
My next question would be - Actually what is the processing time frame for such type of cases i.e. how much time will they take to process from the date of filing the papers till you get the GC in hand. I see that the processing time for I 130 and i 485 will be within 5 months. Is it so?

Appreciate if you can respond.

Thanks
Narayan

Yes, 5 months is the typical time frame these days. But some people are lucky and theirs is done in 3 months, while some have delays and their case takes more than 6 months.

Guys, if an 131 has been approved does this mean you can leave the US and come back while waiting on interview??

Guys, if an 131 has been approved does this mean you can leave the US and come back while waiting on interview??

if you are in legal status, yes you can. however, if you are in illegal status, then the answer is no. you are free to leave but you will be denied entry at the port and will be banned from coming into the US for 3/10 years depending on length of our unauthorized stay. it does not matter if you have pending AOS application. you will have to file consular waiver and we all know thats a extremely difficult petition to get approved.

If you overstayed an I-94 by 180 days or more you're certainly subject to the 3-year bar, I-131 or not. If it's over a year between the I-94 expiry and the I-485 filing, you're looking at a 10-year bar.