EAD - next step Social Security

NeShawn

Registered Users (C)
While waiting for EAD to arrive, I have been reading info on this forum stating that when one goes to the Social Security Office to get SS#, they may/may not have the info form IMMIGRATION and thus may have to wait till they get what they need before one will get a Social Security # and card. Is this true? As with most of us here on this forum, am anxious to start job searching and working for my family. Thanks for any input. :confused:

NeShawn said:
I have been reading info on this forum stating that when one goes to the Social Security Office to get SS#, they may/may not have the info form IMMIGRATION and thus may have to wait till they get what they need before one will get a Social Security # and card. Is this true?

Yes, it may take 4-12 weeks to verify.

Unfortunately yes. There are people who have experienced waiting periods over a month. The SSA office told them that they must wait for 4-8 weeks due to the confirmation of their EAD/status. There are some that have not experienced anything at all and everything is done in a week. What you can do is to try to check if there are people from your same area and see if they have experienced those long waiting periods.

Good luck,