EAD in Detroit

brandonresume

Registered Users (C)
Is there anyone from the Detroit Michigan area who has recently gotten their EAD? Please share your experiences about how long it is taking to get the FP letter and the I-765 approval. It has been 71 days for me since I filed for my EAD, and still I have not gotten my FP appointment letter or any further information on my pending I-765. Anyone have any information or advice? I am in desperate need of my EAD. I sent everything (I-485, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox with receipt date notices of November 15, 2005. I did get my Advance Parole last week which was good, but I am waiting for my EAD and it is worrying me that I haven't gotten my FP notice.

Have you tried going to the Detroit District Office to get an iEAD? Have you contacted the USCIS 1-800 number? What have they told you?

Yes. I did go to the DO and got the iEAD. I also called 1-800 number twice without luck. They said, they will investigate and get back to me ...

may be we just need to patient ...

Anybody here from Detroit area who got EAD recently?

I got my EAD in 56 days in Michigan. I also didnt got my FP notice so I decided to go walkin to the FP office in cheney mall on jefferson.
The staff was very co-operative and took both my FPs , but you have to take your NOA along with you.

After that I as approved AP and EAD in a month.

Try doing that and I guess you will be all set.

Thanks for that information. Could you tell us how long u have to wait at the FP office? Are they open on Saturdays? Did you have to schedule an appointment? What type of documents are needed when you walk-in?

Appreciate your help.

The FP Office is on Chene & Jefferson downtown, tell me is it easy to get to? Can I walk there from Cadillac Square, Campus Martius or the RenCen? I don't have a car yet so I'll have to take a bus into downtown Detroit to get there.

Thank you.

Thanks to all in this forum for your advices. I did a walk-in last week and got my FP done for 765 and 485!

I was waiting for FP notice more than 5 months and finally got advice from this forum to do a walk-in. Now waiting for the next steps ...

DO in Detroit.

to Bran

It is not very far from the rencen may be 2 miles. It is better to go in the noon timearound 1 or 2. they open on saturdays but i guess it would be crowded. try that It worked for me and the ptr now. So may be for u.
Good Luck

Today is day #76 and still no sign of FP letter or EAD update. Should I wait til the 90 days are up, or should I go to the Appilcation Support Center and try to do a walk-in for my fingerprints? If I do the walk-in does it speed up the approval of my EAD? Is it possible my EAD could be approved before I do the FP's?

Can anyone tell me about Parking at the Detroit Application Support Center on Jefferson & Chene? I think I will try to go do a walk-in this thursday and see what happens. Anyone have any tips, do they have their own parking? How is the traffic with the superbowl festivities going on? Today is day #77 and still nothing new about my EAD.

Traffic might be bad due to Superbowl actions. The Detroit ASC is part of the Chene sqr mall and you can use the common parking lot in the middle. I don't think it's an issue. You need to have a photo ID and the NOAs.

Good luck.

Sounds good, thanks for the response. Just curious, how long did you have to wait when you went in last week? I hope it doesn't take too long. Also, is parking free, or does it cost money? I will take my NOA's and ID with me. Any other advice for me? Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Total about 15 minutes! Parking is free (it's just like a mall). Nothing else to worry ... good luck

Today I did my FP's for I-765 & I-485 by Walk-In at the Detroit Application Support Center. It was very easy, I had to wait about 30 mins, but everything was easy. I just took in my NOA's and photo ID and got everything done. Thanks to all of you for the advice and helping me with the information. Good luck to all of you. I'm glad to have this done, now just waiting for EAD approval. Hopefully that won't take too long. Thanks again everyone.

Another update. I just did my FP's yesterday by walk-in and I already noticed that my LUD has been updated online for both i-765 and i-485, that was fast. Anyone else notice their LUD change right after they did their FP's? I wonder if approval may come quickly now, anyone else from Detroit with an update?

I just read someone getting an iEAD valid for 8 months. Just curious, how long are the iEAD's good for coming from the Detroit District Office? Today is day 84 and still no approval of my EAD. If I don't hear anything in the next week, I will have to make an INFOpass to see whats going on and to get my iEAD. I really hope I can get approval notice before the 90 days are up. How is everyone else in the Detroit area doing with their cases? 84 days and counting.....

The iEAD from Detroit is valid only for 3 months. I did a walk-in FP in Detroit ASC recently and my EAD got approved after 4 days. I am now waiting for the card in mail.

Original NOA date: August 2005

Thanks for the information and congratulations on getting your EAD. It has been 6 days since I did my walk in for FP's at the Detroit ASC, I hope I can get approval soon as monday is my 90th day.

85 days and counting, still no EAD

I just got my FP appointment letter today, it was sent out on Feb 3rd and is scheduled for March 3rd. But, I already walked in on Feb 2nd and had my biometrics done. What should I do now? Do I still need to go do my Fp's again on the appointment? I don't understand why they would send my appt letter after I already did my FP's. What should I do? Ignore the letter?