EAD-from Approved to Received

Thanks Just married for your reply,

once again,you mean "we have mailed approval notice is the same as card mailed"If so i got the notice yesterday and when shall i expect the card?

Thanks .

Just_married said:
I hope there is no third, since you got a mail stating that your approval notice(which is your EAD card) have been mailed, you should be having the card in your mailbox anytime soon before the end of the week.
The above posting was just an expression of my frustration after reading through the post of many people having not received their EAD's even after having them approved for a long time.

eggk said:
Thanks Just married for your reply,

once again,you mean "we have mailed approval notice is the same as card mailed"If so i got the notice yesterday and when shall i expect the card?

Thanks .

Can you tell me what's exactly written in the notice you have recieved? I never heard of anyone getting just a notice of approval without the card being with it.
Well I had an OPT EAD last year when I was on F-1, when i recieved an update online stating that the approval notice has been sent it meant they sent the card.
Also can you just copy paste the current online status message for your I-765.
Was the following the first online update for your approval? -"On Month **, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
After that there was another update for you right? that was the one saying your approval notice has been mailed..right?
I would really appreciate it, if you can tell me in detail with dates from the first day of your approval what things changed and what you received and when you received. This will help others also know when to expect the card to receive.

Hello to All

Hey guys, august 12th we haven't received any news about EAD, but you guys are freaking me out! What is going on??? Hey Just Married, were you able to figure this whole thing out-do you really have to re-apply for this again?

F1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485, I-765
May 14: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
May 18: [Day 1 ] Received Date
June 08: [Day 22 ] Checks cashed
June 09: [Day 23 } Notice Date
June 13: [Day 27 ] NOAs have been received
July 27: [Day 71] Completed FP&BIO

EAD approval

Hi Guys,

Finally i got my EAD yesterday.
here is my time line:

March 29/05-sent the application
April 26/05-Uscis sent back my application(not properly filled application)
May 23/05-Biometrics appointement(forgot the day i sent the reply)
June 29/05-RFE
July8/05-sent a reply
July 27/05-Approval notice
August 9 /05-card mailed
August 12/05-card recived.

Does that help?

One last ?

Any body who satrted work by showing EAD and a reciept for SSN application?

Thanks .

EAD received, finally...whew!!!!

Hi all,
Just got my EAD card in mail. What a relief!
To those who had Qs...
Two emails from USCIS...one when approved, one when the actual card is sent out.
No approval letter, just the EAD card in mail, the envelope is different than the one you receive from Dept of Home Land Security (I797).
White envelope, with a folder holding the EAD card (just like a credit card).
Sent from Corbin, KY. Just don't toss it thinking it is a promotion for credit card.

Should I do something or wait?

Hi, I have waited over 2months, and almost everyone Receipt date ahead of me has got their EAD. I am wondering what is wrong with mine. I have not receive any message from uscis since they update my file for FP on 7/21/05, no RFE either. Should I continue wait? Will walk in appointment or calling 1800 # help?

Application mailed on 6/1/2005
Receipt date on 6/2/05
Notice date on 6/17/05
FP date on 7/14/05
online update for FP on 7/21/05
EAD ?????

I got the same days like you sent all my papers on 06/03/05. Just today after almost 64 days I recived the mail with my aproval for my I-765.

If anyone is still wondering, my timeline is in my signature. It only took 6 days from the email for me to have the EAD card in my hand. I never got a second email/letter.

How I finally got my EAD Card

Wow, it's been exactly one month since my last post- when my card had been sent back to the USCIS as 'undeliverable'.

Here is what happened after that- which was Aug 8th or 9th I believe.

I had called them immediately to verify my address and they assured me the card would be sent out again.

Waited...waited..waited some more... finally on Aug 30th I got fed up and called my lawyer who wasn't very encouraging either.

They basically told me, that USCIS isn't too good at correcting its goof ups and that it was all about the $$ and that I really had one of two options: a) re apply again, wait another 90 days and spend more $$ or b) approach my local congressman. They said I'd better do it asap as every day I wait, I'm losing time.

I've read other posts of people on this board doing option b, and at this point, I thought 'what the hell', let's give it a try. So I googled my local congressman (who in fact is a congresswoman actually), found her website, downloaded the necessary release forms and wrote them a letter on behalf of my husband (who is a USC) and dropped it off in the mail on 31st Aug. In th letter I basically told in brief what had happened since May 2nd, the inconvenience that we are both going through at me not having my EAD and all case #s relevant to me. The very next day, I get a call from their office and the woman who called, had even spoken to MSC (where my case is) already and assured me the card would be mailed out again.

On Sept 1st, I received an email from USCIS stating: the documents based on the approval or resigration of this case has been mailed directly to the person concerned (or something like that).

On Sept 6th, I received a brown envelope. Inside was the original white windowed envelope in which my EAD card had first been mailed in. There was a yellow sticker on the original white envelope from the post office that stated that it was undeliverable as addressed. However, the name and address was EXACTLY the way it should have been. And stapled to the white envelope was my precious EAD, ina plastic bag.

I was so impressed with my local congresswoman's office at swiftly and efficiently handling my situation that I think I'll do what they're really after- give them my vote! (well my husband's actually- since I have no voting privaleges here).