EAD-from Approved to Received

zoomz00m

Registered Users (C)
All inputs will be appreciated as there has been a recent increase in cards lost in the mail. The article stated
"Excessive number of not delivered EADs and APs
EADs are mailed from the card production facility in Corbin, KY, and should be sent to the applicant's most recent address which is in the NBCs system. I-512s are produced at the NBC and the contract staff also sends these documents to current address shown in the system. At this time, NBC Management cannot determine any clear reason why the applicant would not receive either of these documents if 1) the valid address is in the NBCs system and 2) the document is not returned to the NBC as undeliverable mail. In order to help the NBC track these lost documents, please provide the NBC Liaison Mailbox with specific receipt numbers of the I-765s and I-131s, noting either "Lost EAD" or "Lost I-512" in the subject line so that these inquiries can be segregated for further research and tracking
."

To all those who has their physical card in hand.
Online status shows EAD application got approved. Nothing about card being ordered or mailed.
Questions
1) What did your online status say ?
2) Did the online status changed from application approved to card ordered?
3) Did you receive any approval notice for I-765 by mail?
4) How long did it take from the "approval notice reflected online" to "receiving the actual card" ?
5)How long did it take from thte "card ordered status" to "receiving the actual card"?

Please input in the format...
Approval notice online Date ----
Card ordered (noted from online)Date -----
Card received Date (in mail )----

Input?add as little to as much as info you wish to.
Hope to get inputs soon so that I can start a tracking table soon.
Thank you

zoomz00m said:
All inputs will be appreciated as there has been a recent increase in cards lost in the mail. The article stated
EADs are mailed from the card production facility in Corbin, KY, and should be sent to the applicant's most recent address which is in the NBCs system. I-512s are produced at the NBC and the contract staff also sends these documents to current address shown in the system. At this time, NBC Management cannot determine any clear reason why the applicant would not receive either of these documents if 1) the valid address is in the NBCs system and 2) the document is not returned to the NBC as undeliverable mail. In order to help the NBC track these lost documents, please provide the NBC Liaison Mailbox with specific receipt numbers of the I-765s and I-131s, noting either "Lost EAD" or "Lost I-512" in the subject line so that these inquiries can be segregated for further research and tracking
."

Online status shows EAD application got approved. Nothing about card being ordered or mailed.
Questions
1) What did your online status say ? My case was approved on 5th of July after having my FP and Bio taken the same day.
2) Did the online status changed from application approved to card ordered? Yes
3) Did you receive any approval notice for I-765 by mail? Not yet. Was sent 8th of July.
4) How long did it take from the "approval notice reflected online" to "receiving the actual card" ? 6 days.
5)How long did it take from thte "card ordered status" to "receiving the actual card"? 6 days.

Thank you

Ead/rfe

HI,
Any body who replied for RFE for EAD?how long to get a rsponse from DHS after your reply? and how long to get approved?And does RFE has any impact on the 90 days time to ask for IEAD.Any info.APPRECIATED!

eggk said:
HI,
Any body who replied for RFE for EAD?how long to get a rsponse from DHS after your reply? and how long to get approved?And does RFE has any impact on the 90 days time to ask for IEAD.Any info.APPRECIATED!
Please post appropriately. The thread is for those whose EAD got approved.
Anyways for your answer :
It usually takes 2 weeks to hear from RFE after reply.
You have to subtract the days between the RFE botice date and the RFE received date to calculate the 90 days....but many cases of 90 days from received date for interim EAD issuance is also common.

To others:I have received my EAD and therefore has no more questions.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Fp

Hi I got my FP done on 20th july but I can not see any thing in my case status online except that the date of update is 21st july. How long does it take to get EAD after FP? They took my photo and did fingerprinting. Is that all for biometrics and FP?
thanks

During FP i filled out a form that needed address. I asked the person if I could write my attorney's add and he said ok. Will they send EAD at my address in recorded in NBC or at the address that I wrote in the form?
Thanks

EAD not received yet!

Hi gurus and Zoom Zoom,
My EAD was approved 7/22, sent via mail 7/26 (per email update) but I have not received it in hand. My new job is waiting and I am rather anxious. Any suggestions?
P

pondicherry said:
Hi gurus and Zoom Zoom,
My EAD was approved 7/22, sent via mail 7/26 (per email update) but I have not received it in hand. My new job is waiting and I am rather anxious. Any suggestions?
P
call uscis as the time for the ead card id less than 14 days. Tell them its already been 14 days counting July 22nd and tomorrow August 4th
also if possible go check at your local Post Office....for some reason there were such instances of undelivered mailed held at post office.
keep us updated
thank you

I did call USCIS. They said have to wait for 14 days from mailing (7/26--->8/9), then call, will start inquiry, then go to local office with infopass. I am suspicious that it got lost. It is ver weird cos I got the AP approved on the same day. One never loses mail, makes me wonder if people are selling EADs...
I did call the PO, no letters held at post office.
I will just go to DO on Tuesday. It is such a bummer, I have not been able to work since 6/25, now have to wait extra 3 weeks. But what can I say, c'est la vie!!

Hi,

my online status says ''upon approving you app,we ordered you a new card and the card will be mailed qs soon as it is ready".This is on 27th of july,2005.I haven't recived approval notice by mail nor the card until 08/05/05.

lets's check each other's update,those who are on the same situation,

And thanks zoomzoom for creating this forum.

zoomz00m said:
."

Questions
1) What did your online status say ?
2) Did the online status changed from application approved to card ordered?
3) Did you receive any approval notice for I-765 by mail?
4) How long did it take from the "approval notice reflected online" to "receiving the actual card" ?
5)How long did it take from thte "card ordered status" to "receiving the actual card"?

Thank you

Lost in the mail?

zoomz00m said:
."

Questions
1) What did your online status say ? On July 22nd, your case has been approved and an approval notice was mailed...
2) Did the online status changed from application approved to card ordered? Yes
3) Did you receive any approval notice for I-765 by mail? No
4) How long did it take from the "approval notice reflected online" to "receiving the actual card" ? Have not received anything in mail as of date
5)How long did it take from thte "card ordered status" to "receiving the actual card"? Still waiting

Thank you

I called USCIS today and they said even though they say to wait 14 days, that I have to wait for at least 30 days, in case it is sent back to them. Sigh. What now?

No EAD

Hi guys,
I am totally bummed. Called USCIS today, D14, they said wait for 30 days, if not received by then, have to re-file a new application. DO cannot issue an EAD cos it is already been approved. What now.
Any thoughts?
P

I'm in the same boat as you Pondicherry. They told me to wait 30 days as well. I'm on my 3rd week of waiting now. Didn't say anything about re applying though. I can't imagine having to re apply. That's ridiculous.

By the way, I had received my AP about 10 days after they mailed it.

Yesterday I got an email notification saying that the mail sent out to me was 'undeliverable' and was returned to them. I dont' get it, because nothing has changed, my address is the same. I received my AP a month ago with no problems.

I called them and they were most unhelpful. I asked if I could verify my address and the woman said there was no way to do that. She took my info again- ie, A #, receipt #, ph #s and my address, Hbut she couldn't tell me if my original address to which the ead card was sent, was correct or not.

She just said it would be sent out again. I kept insisting that what's the point in it sending out again if the original address was wrong to begin with. No answer. I asked- would the address I have just given to her right now be used as the current valid address or the one that is already on file- again, no answer.

So basically there is no way of knowing WHERE the old ead card was sent. It could've been that someone mistyped and was a digit off, or a letter off, but there seems to be no way to rectify that. Interesting system!

Now I guess I just keep my fingers crossed that this second mail reaches me with no problems.

That really hurts! The uncertainty and being at a limbo. I don't even know where mine is, the thing is I received the AP which was approved on the same day. I can come up with a thousand and one explanations but bottom line is we still don't have the card, without which can't work! I think we should report it!

EAD approval

Hi,
i got approval notice saying "your case is approved and......the card will be mailed ASAP".And later,after two weeks,another e-mail saying the case is approved and approval notice has been mailed.

Any body with such experiance?I mean when am i gonna get the card?

Thanks.

Hello all with EAD approvals, Has anyone received their card yet? Well this is the first message we got from USCIS right? "On Month **, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
So basically we should assume that after receiving the above message we should be waiting for another mail stating that your card had been mailed and after this second message we should check our mailbox everyday for 30 days and that if you dont received it after that, re apply again and wait for 90 days and so on. What the f*** is going on in USCIS? Are illegal immigrants with no skills who received citizenship for increasing the vote bank of certain political party working for USCIS? I read somewhere that there is a bill going to be passed for illegal immigrants to become legal and apply for GC. This country's situation is rapidly deteriorating. America should be called as developing towards becoming third world.
Ahhhh.....Just letting out my frustration again...

EAD approval

Hi,
you mean i have to wait for the card mailed notice after i recived the second notice of approval.
I mean how many approval notice one has to get before seeing the ead.
So far i got two

1-your case has been approved and we ordered you a new card and will be mailed as soon as possible.
2- this case has been approved and an approval notice has been mailed.

3-CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WWHAT IS THIRD??

THANKS.

Just_married said:
Hello all with EAD approvals, Has anyone received their card yet? Well this is the first message we got from USCIS right? "On Month **, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
So basically we should assume that after receiving the above message we should be waiting for another mail stating that your card had been mailed and after this second message we should check our mailbox everyday for 30 days and that if you dont received it after that, re apply again and wait for 90 days and so on. What the f*** is going on in USCIS? Are illegal immigrants with no skills who received citizenship for increasing the vote bank of certain political party working for USCIS? I read somewhere that there is a bill going to be passed for illegal immigrants to become legal and apply for GC. This country's situation is rapidly deteriorating. America should be called as developing towards becoming third world.
Ahhhh.....Just letting out my frustration again...

eggk said:
Hi,
you mean i have to wait for the card mailed notice after i recived the second notice of approval.
I mean how many approval notice one has to get before seeing the ead.
So far i got two

1-your case has been approved and we ordered you a new card and will be mailed as soon as possible.
2- this case has been approved and an approval notice has been mailed.

3-CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WWHAT IS THIRD??

THANKS.

I hope there is no third, since you got a mail stating that your approval notice(which is your EAD card) have been mailed, you should be having the card in your mailbox anytime soon before the end of the week.
The above posting was just an expression of my frustration after reading through the post of many people having not received their EAD's even after having them approved for a long time.