EAD extension Fees refund

Phattu

Registered Users (C)
Hello sir ,

I applied for my wife's EAD extension on 03/23/2009 . The Previous EAD was to expire on 06/06/09. We received our I-485 approval on 03/25/09 . Just 2 days after filing EAD renewal .

My question is :
1) Since our green card is approved and has been received , will uscis be refunding the check's given with the EAD extension application ? If yes then generally how long does this take ?
2) If No then is there way we can appeal to get the money back ?
3)Do they send the checks back to the postal address ?

Note : The current EAD extension application status at USCIS :
Application type : I-765
Current status : Case recd and pending on 27th march 2009 .

Thanks for your time .

Hello sir ,

I applied for my wife's EAD extension on 03/23/2009 . The Previous EAD was to expire on 06/06/09. We received our I-485 approval on 03/25/09 . Just 2 days after filing EAD renewal .

My question is :
1) Since our green card is approved and has been received , will uscis be refunding the check's given with the EAD extension application ? If yes then generally how long does this take ?
2) If No then is there way we can appeal to get the money back ?
3)Do they send the checks back to the postal address ?

Note : The current EAD extension application status at USCIS :
Application type : I-765
Current status : Case recd and pending on 27th march 2009 .

Thanks for your time .

The answers are NO, and NO to refund or there's way to get refund. But on the bright note is I-485 get approved. Congrat.

Hey thanks for your wishes ..
Even we were suprised ... we applied less than a year back and got approved very quickly :)

But there has to be some way for the refund .......

If you are very lucky, they would realize your GC was already approved and send back the whole package including the check. But I'm 95% sure they'll cash the check, and once they do that the fees are non-refundable.

If you are very lucky, they would realize your GC was already approved and send back the whole package including the check. But I'm 95% sure they'll cash the check, and once they do that the fees are non-refundable.

Here is an update on USCIS website for my EAD extension application:

"On March 27, 2009, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that we waive the filing fee. We have waived the filing fee and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case"

What do i read it is .. what does this mean ????

On what basis did you request the fee waiver?

We havn't requested any fee waiver . Just called up the UCSIS office to know what happens in such a case . The lady on the phone, from ucsis said she cannot tell exactly if they will refund or not.. that was all..........

We havn't requested any fee waiver . Just called up the UCSIS office to know what happens in such a case . The lady on the phone, from ucsis said she cannot tell exactly if they will refund or not.. that was all..........

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting the fee waived, then. They'll process the application and deny the EAD. If you get the money back it'll be a miracle, but they do happen from time to time.

It has happened to me before, I got my check back and EAD was issed because the catagory I applyed for was free of charge and I did not know and included a check with application but it is completly diffrent catagory.What I am trying to say is that uncle sam sometimes kindly returns the fees.Weird, Right?

Last edited by a moderator: