EAD Card Production

bbqchickenrobot

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, got an email from CRIS stating my wife's card production has been ordered as of 9/13 :D and to give 30 days for it to arrive in the mail. I'm wondering how long does it usually take for the card to arrive? Can anyone provide their personal experience? Thanks! :p

1 to 2 weeks... my timeline :)

DO: Atlanta, GA
Year 2007

5/02: I485, I130 Sent (w/o I693)
5/03: AOS RD
5/08: AOS ND
5/15: I131 Sent
5/22: I131 ND, RFE for I693
5/25: AOS FP Done
5/29: I765 Sent
5/30: Re:RFE Sent
6/04: I765 ND, Re:RFE Rcvd, AOS resumed
6/19: AP Approved
6/20: EAD FP Done
6/22: IL ND
6/25: AP Rcvd
8/07: Interview AOS Approved
8/10: EAD Approved
8/20: EAD Rcvd, I130 Approved, I485 Welcome Letter
8/22: GC Production Ordered
8/27: GC Received!

EAD card production ordered finally!!!

I got the EAD production email today also. Yet to receive the appointment letter though. Hope the mailman doesn't mess it up for me.

Cheers!!

It sounds like they were actually working today, my EAD was approved today as well :)

Here is my timeline:

7/2: RD for I-485, AP, EAD
7/11: ND for all
8/2: RFI
8/3: Biometric appointment
8/6: RFI reply received by USCIS
8/10: Interview letter received
9/13: EAD approved(no prior LUD's)
10/11: Interview

no lud's for AP

Csierra

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got my interview letter either...but the immigration officer on the phone said USCIS were going to mail it....I hope this would not happen to my EAD Card. Are the EAD card and the interview letter both mailed from MSC?

I just got my EAD in the mail today...Guys, go check your mailbox,you might get one too...still waiting for my interview letter though...

Just got an email saying:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

I didn't get mine yet :( I did get a 3rd email stating

------------

The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

------------------------------

BBQChick... I got the same email yestarday. Since we both in the LA area, we should receive the actual card on the same day.

Cheers!!!

you will get it within 1 or 2 days after the notice is sent....In FL , we get it the day after the notice is sent...LA area might be a little bit delayed...

So - I have another question... how do we go about getting an SS card now? Just go in with the EAD to the SS office and apply? I heard a guy went in right after he received his EAD and they told him they didn't have him in the system yet and because of that they would have to conctact USCIS and that delayed his process by two to four weeks... is this the case?

When should we actually go into the SS office and request the SSN?

So - I have another question... how do we go about getting an SS card now? Just go in with the EAD to the SS office and apply? I heard a guy went in right after he received his EAD and they told him they didn't have him in the system yet and because of that they would have to conctact USCIS and that delayed his process by two to four weeks... is this the case?

When should we actually go into the SS office and request the SSN?

I have my SS card back from 2001 while I was going to school. So, I am not familiar with the present policies of the SS office. As far as I am aware, it takes 2-4 weeks to receive the actual card. You might be able to use a temp. number but not sure about that. Best would be visiting your local SS office and getting info from the horse's mouth.

Cheers

bbqchickenrobot,

I hope my experiece helps. I went to SSA office last friday after receiving my EAD to change my name on the card. The form is the same as apllying for a new one. They said since the EAD was recently issued, it would take about 4 weeks for them to verify my info with USCIS and send my new card. I'm glad I made copies of it, because they kept my old card. They also gave me a letter staing the info she verbally told me.
You should check the form info on http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=13UzOaMi&p_li=&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_tbl=9&p_id=1120&p_created=1173124330&p_olh=0 and go to your local SSA office to have the application process started...
Good luck!

Well I got an email today saying my card production has been ordered for my EAD:).Big sigh of relief,I just did my FP in August and it felt like I took them a year ago until I read that email!...Anyone from the Atlanta area have any info on how long it takes for me to be entered into the ssa database?