EAD approved with wrong picture

nachiketha

Registered Users (C)
EAD is approved with wrong picture (somebody else). Anybody faced similar problem? What we need to do ?

One more thing My lawyer send wrong pictures for EAD/AP/485 I think.

We have not received AP yet but
does AP has picture in it? Where does photos that we send for AP application are used? Do we need to correct AP also?

My lawyer said he would get back to me on this. He said it is uscis mail room problem.. But i am not sure whose poroblem it is.. I am waiting for AP to make sure all forms are screwed or only EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, the screwballs!

Yes AP also has photo. It looks like the receipt notices but with the photo embeded in it(not pasted). You are supposed to write your name and A# if available on the back of the photos. Did you not do that?

Thankyou for the info. My lawyer did not ask me to do that. May be that screwd the thing??? But my spouse EAD is fine.. How the heck it can happen ....

Gosh, the screwballs!

Yes AP also has photo. It looks like the receipt notices but with the photo embeded in it(not pasted). You are supposed to write your name and A# if available on the back of the photos. Did you not do that?

You may want to call customer service, or go to an infopass, to ask them what you should do to correct it. If it is your lawyer's fault, by sending the wrong photo in the first place, quite likely USCIS will ask for a new filing fee. Hopefully they can simply issue you a new one with the phone from you FP.

meanwhile i have been waiting for the AP to see whether it is screwed or not

Online status says

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On September 11, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

What does the above staus means ? is it approved??

I have been waiting for the document. i did not get document yet. EAD was approved on 12 th and I got that week back.

Does it mean it lost in mail? My spouse status also same. We haven't received that also

EAD WITH WRONG PICTURE

On October 06, 2007 I received a new EAD, but with incorrect information, base on wrong picture+wrong signature somebody else, but not me!!!
(I did write my name and #A on the back of the photos)
On September 11, 2007 I wrote a letter to uscis to expedite my EAD and on September 28, 2007 I received letter, that my application was approved and notice mailed to me on September 14, 2007!!!Never received..
On October 04, 2007 my online status:Approvel notice sent!!We mailed you a notice that we have approved your EAD on Octobe 04, 2007...
Still not received!!!
No approval letter and incorrect EAD due to a USCIS ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR!!!

So, I have taken infopass appointment on October 09, 2007 and they just told me to send the EAD back with 2 pictures and no fee have to be pay....I have not ask for my approval letter, because the online status was,, send it on October 04, 2007,, so I though a I will wait.
The some day I called Customer Service center 1-800...ask them the some, what to do with my EAD and they told me...send it back with 2 pictures(write your name and #A on the back of the photos),fill new application I-765 for REPLACEMENT with no fee required and write them that the EAD card is incorrect due to a USCIS ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR..., so I did write to them, send it on October 10, 2007 by express mail.. I dont know, how long it will take....
And my approval letter? I dont know what to do either..

There's no such thing as approval letter in EAD. Approval notice = actual EAD card. I got 3 EAD already and I didn't receive any approval notice in form of I797 (either as my attorney).

I got 2 EAD already and I did receive always FIRST I-797, Notice of Action NOTICE TYPE: Approval Notice.
Valid from x/x/xxxx to x/x/xxx..
,,your application for employment authorization has been approved. The Form I- 688B, employment Authorization Document, was sent under separate cover.
And after that, I received the EAD card....
This time (my 3 EAD)a didn't receive the I-797, just the wrong EAD card..

My gender has changed in EAD card:mad: [can't you see my picture in the card!! huh??? ]

EAD is approved with wrong picture (somebody else). Anybody faced similar problem? What we need to do ?

One more thing My lawyer send wrong pictures for EAD/AP/485 I think.

We have not received AP yet but
does AP has picture in it? Where does photos that we send for AP application are used? Do we need to correct AP also?

My lawyer said he would get back to me on this. He said it is uscis mail room problem.. But i am not sure whose poroblem it is.. I am waiting for AP to make sure all forms are screwed or only EAD.

I got my ,,new,, EAD today..After almost 2 months waiting...

:rolleyes:
EAD WITH WRONG PICTURE

On October 06, 2007 I received a new EAD, but with incorrect information, base on wrong picture+wrong signature somebody else, but not me!!!
(I did write my name and #A on the back of the photos)
On September 11, 2007 I wrote a letter to uscis to expedite my EAD and on September 28, 2007 I received letter, that my application was approved and notice mailed to me on September 14, 2007!!!Never received..
On October 04, 2007 my online status:Approvel notice sent!!We mailed you a notice that we have approved your EAD on Octobe 04, 2007...
Still not received!!!
No approval letter and incorrect EAD due to a USCIS ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR!!!

So, I have taken infopass appointment on October 09, 2007 and they just told me to send the EAD back with 2 pictures and no fee have to be pay....I have not ask for my approval letter, because the online status was,, send it on October 04, 2007,, so I though a I will wait.
The some day I called Customer Service center 1-800...ask them the some, what to do with my EAD and they told me...send it back with 2 pictures(write your name and #A on the back of the photos),fill new application I-765 for REPLACEMENT with no fee required and write them that the EAD card is incorrect due to a USCIS ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR..., so I did write to them, send it on October 10, 2007 by express mail.. I dont know, how long it will take....
And my approval letter? I dont know what to do either..

Same here

My names were misprint on the EAd cards.I sent them back with another I-765 application along with 2 photos.Please post your experience and how much time generally it takes for the new cards to arrive.

My names were misprint on the EAd cards.I sent them back with another I-765 application along with 2 photos.Please post your experience and how much time generally it takes for the new cards to arrive.

Hey Cool_desi_gc,

did you get ur EAD corrected?

I had to send the application again with fees and I got the reciept but no new EAD yet! more than 75 days now!

btw, can one use the EAD having typo/error on it meanwhile waiting for the new one?