EAD/AP renewal filed or not?

Grandhipal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I mailed documents needed for filing EAD/AP renewal to our lawyers a couple of weeks ago. However my job was terminitated shortly after mailing those papers. The lawyers are hired by my previous employer. I have tried calling the lawyers and left voice messages like a dozen times in last few days and haven't heard back from them. I have no idea whether they filed for extensions or if I need to file again.
1. Is there any way to find out if the renewals are filed (by contacting USCIS)?
2. Assuming that those laywers decided not to return my calls at all, can I go head and apply for the renewals on my own online? What if those lawyers have already applied for renewal? Will that be an issue?
3. If I have to file for renewals on my own, do I have to sign any form to indicate that I don't want those lawyers to represent me any more (like undoing the G-28)?
Thanks!

Grandhipal said:
Hi,
I mailed documents needed for filing EAD/AP renewal to our lawyers a couple of weeks ago. However my job was terminitated shortly after mailing those papers. The lawyers are hired by my previous employer. I have tried calling the lawyers and left voice messages like a dozen times in last few days and haven't heard back from them. I have no idea whether they filed for extensions or if I need to file again.
1. Is there any way to find out if the renewals are filed (by contacting USCIS)?
---------- if you paid the USCIS fees with your check then contact your bank and on cashed check back is your reciept #
2. Assuming that those laywers decided not to return my calls at all,
can I go head and apply for the renewals on my own online? What if those lawyers have already applied for renewal?
----Yes
Will that be an issue?
-no
3. If I have to file for renewals on my own, do I have to sign any form to indicate that I don't want those lawyers to represent me any more (like undoing the G-28)?

-------- you can file with out writing anything about lawyer.

** If lawyer is bad or you no more need his services for I-485 thenYou need to send a letter that for your pending I-485 # and your A# you revoke the G28 filed by lawyer XYZ with letter attach the copy of I-485 filing receipt and request that any communication for your I-485 should be sent to you directly on the address....... Sign the letter with date, write your Name, A#, pending I-485#, DOB and send it with certified mail and out side the envelope write in big bold letters : Request to revoke G28 filed by previous lawyer for pending I-485. dont attach this letter with your EAD AP filing papers
Thanks!