E3 Visa and Green Card - Indian born Australian Citizen

saranman

Question 1: I am an Indian born, Australian Citizen on a E3 visa. Does applying for a Green Card jeopardize my chances of getting E3 visa renewed in the future?
Considering that there is a 4 to 5 years wait to get a Visa number after filing for I-140 for an Indian born person and considering that E3 visa is only valid for 2 years, I have to extend my E3 visa atleast 3 times before I get the Green Card approved. Do you think that I can get away extending my E3 visa 3 times even though GC process is pending?

Question 2: My wife is on E3D visa and has EAD. She is working now and can her employer start GC process and will that jeopardize her E3D visa renewal and/or my E3 visa renewal?

What is the Best/Safe bet? Applying GC on my name or on my wife's name? Both are qualified educationally and both have jobs in the U.S.

Hi,
The safest bet would have you both applying for a green card separately via your employer if possible. I would assume your wife has to be on an E3 visa for it to be possible as I would doubt anyone has tried to do it from the partner visa. Then if one of you advances at a faster rate, the other spouse can become attached to the final part of the PERM process.
Good Luck.

Hi I am also an Indian born Australian citizen but not in the US
Sarnman, would it be possible for you to share your experience in getting the employer to Know and understand the E3 visa?
Did you apply for jobs from Australia? and mentioned the special E3 in your application letters?
Appreciate if you could contact me
Mj
nipsayu@yahoo.com

It is not safe to do it on E3, if you want GC convert to H1B and do it. There is always a risk that your E3 will not be extended if you file for GC on E3 and more likely in this economy.