E-Verify question for EAD

assylum

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about E-Verify system.

Do I have to call social security department to ask them to update my record.

My SS card was issued in the past based on F1 student visa.
Now I got my new EAD base on a recommended approval for asylum.
Does USCIS automatically update my SS record.
I recently got a job offer from a company that uses E-Verify.
Please let me know if I have to go to the local social security department to update my record

I have a question about E-Verify system.

Do I have to call social security department to ask them to update my record.

My SS card was issued in the past based on F1 student visa.
Now I got my new EAD base on a recommended approval for asylum.
Does USCIS automatically update my SS record.
I recently got a job offer from a company that uses E-Verify.
Please let me know if I have to go to the local social security department to update my record

No you have to go to SSA and update your records, you have to bring your old SSN card, proof of asylum and they gonna issue unrestricted SS card. To find your local SSA office visit their website www.ssa.gov

Recommended Asylum decision doesn't entitle an asylee to receive an unrestricted Social Security Card.

Recommended Asylum decision doesn't entitle an asylee to receive an unrestricted Social Security Card.

What will the E-verify system show when the employer checks the web based E-verify system?
I have EAD bases on recommended asylum and my restricted SS card was issued based on my old F1 visa.

Everify checks what was submitted on i9 so they will verify your ead against dhs system. If you had submitted a SS cardthen they will check that.

asylum, I have no clue on E-verify system. I received my restricted SS card while I was a F-1 student too. I applied for unrestricted SS Card when I was granted derivative Asylee status.

Everify checks what was submitted on i9 so they will verify your ead against dhs system. If you had submitted a SS cardthen they will check that.

I think I don't have to ask SS office to update my record to change it from F1 to C8ii (recommend approval). I should be fine.

you will be fine, I got my EAD a while ago and now my SSN says that i can work as long as my EAD is valid