• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 with High Case Number be Happy

u are not losing nothing, u apply and u forget about it, u will have a good surprise next year :)

After submitting DS-230 forms to KCC, he will have shown an intent to attain immigrant visa... Therefore his further applications to get non-immigration visa will most likely be rejected..

He does have things to lose.

Please dont submit wrong information to users.

Last edited by a moderator:
After submitting DS-230 forms to KCC, he will have shown an intent to attain immigrant visa... Therefore his further applications to get non-immigration visa will most likely be rejected..

Well, Too late!

LOL!! Like everything in life...it is a risk. You might gain something or lose something. Even if your CN was 001, it does not guarantee a green card.

So what ? he has intend to immigrate , he has won the lottery, we are not talking about non immigrant, coz we cant compare both of them, two different process. My friend has won lottery in 2009, and then he applied for tourist visa right after he sent his documents, and he got both of them, so stop killing hopes , u are making troubles

Princedriss I will not agree with you on this one. Sending forms to KCC does prove real immigration intent so, if at the end no GC will be given do to any reason what so ever, one will have small to zero chances to have a non-immigrant visa. Maybe chances may rise after some years and if giving the CO many good reason of one comming back to his country

I am not advising people to not send documents if selected. And I am not advising the other option either. I think any selected have a chance to get the interview and GC. But selected individuals have to further pursue considering their personal status and all choices available.

Thank you, this point has been made to princederiss many times... hopefully now he will understand.

To my knowledge DV selectees are not supposed to apply for B1/B2 (Business/Tourist/Pleasure) visas unless I am mistaken.

@Momo1980 There is no restriction in applying to any kind of visa if one is a selected and even after having the interview no matter what the result.
There can be a clear waist of time if one is selected and send the forms to KCC. Because after sending the forms, one is marked as person with immigration intent so there is a big chance he will not have the non-immigrant visa and waist the time for nothing.
But if he is only selected and never send the forms to KCC than will virtually not have any problems on the visa process (or the problems that may arise will have nothing to do with the status of entrant and selected of the DV program)
To make this clear : this is my logical answer after reading on USCIS website, DOS and many forums.

Telling people to do not send their applications to KCC because of high CN is a crime !

What crime is that then?

Sounds like sensible advice to me - depending on the individual circumstances. Telling people to believe in something unrealistic sounds like a pretty childish thing to do, but I suppose there are some people that want to hear "everything will be fine" even if it is complete BS.

@Britsimon please let things as they were and dont try to push this little conflict any further.
I think all users are tired of aggressive replies and post around here so we just arrive at the point were we have to stop aggravating things and further go helping one to the other with our opinions.
I have edit my signature with a big disclaimer just to avoid bad kind of reactions so if someone think to use the same disclaimer, feel free to copy/paste it. But in any case, be polite and if one gives a bad answer, correct him in a polite and civilized way. And for the one giving wrong answer : try to see things from many perspectives and open your mind to any answer. Any human makes mistakes. And learns from them.

The biggest "noise" ratio in this forum is people telling others to be quiet. We are all adults and everyone is free to ignore posts they don't agree with, or indeed they are equally free to speak up if they want. Wouldn't you agree? As for me, *I* decide when *I* want to speak, but I at all times try to make sure my comments are respectful and factual. Frankly I don't have time or interest in petty disagreements....

Princedriss please try to understand a reasoning : if ones send the documents but thinks that there is a big chances of loosing the interview for any reason , than they should think twice before sending the documents. Because after sending that documentation , there is a big chances of not receiving a non-immigrant visa in the future if GC is rejected or lost regardless of the reason.

I persist , each one who got selected should send his documents to KCC.

OK that's fine if it is just your point of view - but can I ask WHY are you saying that? Do you have some information (as you intimated in another thread) that this year is different in some real way?

Princedriss please try to understand a reasoning : if ones send the documents but thinks that there is a big chances of loosing the interview for any reason , than they should think twice before sending the documents. Because after sending that documentation , there is a big chances of not receiving a non-immigrant visa in the future if GC is rejected or lost regardless of the reason.

what about if somebody do not want to apply for any non-immigrant visa ?

For example : I dont want to be a student in the US and I dont want to be a tourist in the US, all what i look is to be legal immigrant in the US.

why should stop myself to do not send my documents to KCC knowing that i dont want to apply to any other kind of visas !

what about if somebody do not want to apply for any non-immigrant visa ?

For example : I dont want to be a student in the US and I dont want to be a tourist in the US, all what i look is to be legal immigrant in the US.

why should stop myself to do not send my documents to KCC knowing that i dont want to apply to any other kind of visas !

No you are absolutely correct - in your case sending in the forms at any CN number makes sense - BUT that does not seem to be sensible advice for everyone since their situation may be different.