• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2013 WINNERS FROM MIDDLE EAST, ASIA.. Post here

hi friends,
I am one of Dv winner from Sri lanka and my case no is 2013AS000031** so that my case no will current on January, my main issue is about police clearance certificate because i had been work in Qatar for 2 years so that i need to get Qatar police report as well, but its very complicated one and its take more than 3 months but my interveiw will be shedule on january.
so my question.... is Qatar police clearance compulsary on the date of my visa interveiw ??? and i have heared that some country consular officers only expect local police report only...... so i want to know that if any one have got visa interveiw experience please share u r suggestion......( during my 2 year work in Qatar, my company did not make visa or Qatar ID because of company's computer card expired then how ever i have come to my country through the CEID with the help of my company so i want to know, without ID in Qatar could i apply for police clearance certificate??)
i have highly appreciated for your usefull reply
thanking you

hi friends,
I am one of Dv winner from Sri lanka and my case no is 2013AS000031** so that my case no will current on January, my main issue is about police clearance certificate because i had been work in Qatar for 2 years so that i need to get Qatar police report as well, but its very complicated one and its take more than 3 months but my interveiw will be shedule on january.
so my question.... is Qatar police clearance compulsary on the date of my visa interveiw ??? and i have heared that some country consular officers only expect local police report only...... so i want to know that if any one have got visa interveiw experience please share u r suggestion......( during my 2 year work in Qatar, my company did not make visa or Qatar ID because of company's computer card expired then how ever i have come to my country through the CEID with the help of my company so i want to know, without ID in Qatar could i apply for police clearance certificate??)
thanking you

Hi,

I'm not sure about the process of getting a police report from Quatar.
But i know for sure, if you need more time to get a police report from Quatar and if you expect the report to arrive later than your interview date, you can contact the Embassy and ask for your interview to be postponed.

But for this, first you must get the 2nd NL (the interview appointment letter), then you can contact the embassy with the details in it and ask for a postponement.

But anyway, the sooner the better! :-D

Hope this helps!

/C. Ruwan

hi friends,
thanking you

Hi,

And a help from you also!
My Case Number is 2013AS000029**. So I guess we both should get the 2nd NL ( Interview Appointment Letter) during the same time period. I guess it will be towards the end of this month or the first week of next month.

Pls give me and update when you get the 2nd NL, I will also update when I receive mine.

Thanks!

C.Ruwan

Hi Ruwan,

If you dont mind,please add your details in to signature.
This will help to others to get the idea about 2nd NL receiving patterns etc...

Thanks

Hi,

My Case Number is 2013AS000029**. So I guess we both should get the 2nd NL ( Interview Appointment Letter) during the same time period. I guess it will be towards the end of this month or the first week of next month.

Pls give me and update when you get the 2nd NL, I will also update when I receive mine.

Thanks!

C.Ruwan

DV 2013 Winner Asia

Any one can Guess for January Visa Bulletin Asia Cut off No?.....is there any chance with Case no 2013AS00007***

DV 2013 Winner Asia

Any one can Guess for January Visa Bulletin Asia Cut off No?.....is there any chance with Case no 2013AS00007***

DV 2013 Winner Asia

Any one can Guess for Feb 2013 Visa Bulletin Asia Cut off No?.....is there any chance with Case no 2013AS00007***

Any one can Guess for Feb 2013 Visa Bulletin Asia Cut off No?.....is there any chance with Case no 2013AS00007***

I think the February cut-off could be 300-1000. And I believe you, having a case number of 7***, will have your interview in June.

Best of luck!

DV 2013 Winner Asia

In interview,,what about Finger print?required finger print all the finger of both hand or thumb onlyof one hand...any answer from previous interviewer of DV-2013

Hi,

Thanks!

C.Ruwan
Hi ruwan,
ya sure i wil update definitily, both you and me should be current on January according to latest visa bullatine, I have called to KCC and i just ask them that when i can recieve my 2nd notification letter then they told me to check my e-mail from 15th to 26 November, during this period you should recive an e-mail instruction to check the official Dv website after that you will receive 2nd notification letter via Dv website. you too update your process time to time it will help us

regard,
KM Sujath

Last edited by a moderator:
hi friends,
thanking you

Hi Sujith2012,

I think the best way to get Qatar's Police clearance is throught the Qatari embassy in ur country, did you try calling them & ask them?

Hi Sujith2012,

I think the best way to get Qatar's Police clearance is throught the Qatari embassy in ur country, did you try calling them & ask them?

Thanks pokimon for your reply,
could you tell me that you are from which country of nationality and can you share your interveiw experience, did they ask affidavit of support (i-134) form, is this compulsary or only just sponsor letter enough?

Copying from another Thread. This will be helpful to Sri Lankan 2013 DV Winners here -
Originally Posted by c_ruwan View Post

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have got a reply from the US Embassy Colombo regarding the sponsorship letter/affidavit of support.
Seems like for 2013 DV we need an affidavit of support.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Subject: RE: Query - 2013 DV Lottery Selectee
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The regulations are different from DV 2012 to DV 2013. You need get an I-134 and supporting financial documents along with their 2011 tax papers from a sponsor.

Best Regards,
Consular Colombo

--
To ensure a prompt reply please include:
1) passport number (non-immigrant visas)
2) case number (immigrant visas).

Consular Colombo
U.S. Embassy Colombo, Sri Lanka
210 Galle Road Colombo 3

Embassy_Colombo_Logo fb twitter yt

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Hi again,

According to theUS Embassay Web Site The above fact seems true for Sri Lankan winners.
Check in the Colombo - http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/...y-program.html

Check the "DV Checklist" in the last paragraph.

It asks for " Completed I-134 from someone willing to financially sponsor you and proof of income based on the most recent W2. "

/C.Ruwan

Copying from another Thread. This will be helpful to Sri Lankan 2013 DV Winners here -
Originally Posted by c_ruwan View Post

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have got a reply from the US Embassy Colombo regarding the sponsorship letter/affidavit of support.
Seems like for 2013 DV we need an affidavit of support.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Subject: RE: Query - 2013 DV Lottery Selectee
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The regulations are different from DV 2012 to DV 2013. You need get an I-134 and supporting financial documents along with their 2011 tax papers from a sponsor.

Best Regards,
Consular Colombo

--
To ensure a prompt reply please include:
1) passport number (non-immigrant visas)
2) case number (immigrant visas).

Consular Colombo
U.S. Embassy Colombo, Sri Lanka
210 Galle Road Colombo 3

Embassy_Colombo_Logo fb twitter yt

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Hi again,

According to theUS Embassay Web Site The above fact seems true for Sri Lankan winners.
Check in the Colombo - http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/visas/...y-program.html

Check the "DV Checklist" in the last paragraph.

It asks for " Completed I-134 from someone willing to financially sponsor you and proof of income based on the most recent W2. "

/C.Ruwan
Thanks ruwan for your promp reply...

Hi ruwan,
ya sure i wil update definitily, both you and me should be current on January according to latest visa bullatine, I have called to KCC and i just ask them that when i can recieve my 2nd notification letter then they told me to check my e-mail from 15th to 26 November, during this period you should recive an e-mail instruction to check the official Dv website after that you will receive 2nd notification letter via Dv website. you too update your process time to time it will help us

regard,
KM Sujath

Hi,

I just received my 2nd NL (Interview Appointment letter)
Interview towards the end of January :)

Hope you also will get it soon.
keep updated.

/C. Ruwan