• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 Asia Only

Hay any one from nepal who got the second letter from KCC, who recived the 1st letter in NEPAL? I am wondering when KCC will sent the 2nd letter to nepalese DV winner??

hi, Kati hatar bhako yaar timilai 2nd letter ko, bharkahr ta september suru bhako cha, tesma pani 2nd letter sabai ko aaucha bhanne gaurantee pani chaina, GPO site anusar 2009 ma only 174 jana lai 2nd leteer aako cha . If u r Luckiest among Lucky people then u sure get 2nd letter. Don't worry.

Hay any one from nepal who got the second letter from KCC, who recived the 1st letter in NEPAL? I am wondering when KCC will sent the 2nd letter to nepalese DV winner??

your number will probably become current in the month of april. so don worry .....n hope for the best .

CN Numbers

1st. Congrats to all winners.. I am selectee CN 2010AS0001XXXX

2nd. My brother applied for 2011 and I hope that will both be in US

3rd. I have looked at the Visa Bulletins, and I'm quite confused with the allocated cut-off numbers.
Here is some stats, that I would like to share with everyone in look for some clarifications:
2009 Total selectees = 99062
2010 Total selectees = 102610

2009 Asia Selectees = 14002
2010 Asia Selectees = 15001

2009 Asia Cut-off in Oct = 2900
2010 Asia Cut-off in Oct = 7000

Q1: if the rank number is regional as indicated in the bulletins, how come there are CN's above 15001 for 2010?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same question

As it is stated number of winners from Asia for DV2010 is 15001, how come my case number is 23XXX ???

Another question since as I'm worried that my number is in the high range:

I received my 1st NL around 6 weeks after the stated issue date. How can one check on the interview date, after being listed current, should the 2nd letter arrive late?

The only explanation that I can come up with is that the number is higher than the total selectees count to account for accompanying family members..

e.g. if your number is 23xx1, then your spouse's case number would be 23xx2 and 23xx3+ for your children (if any)..., in spite of the fact that they won't receive that number or be needed in the application process, just to account for the total number of immigrates by DV for that specific year.

I don't believe that accompanying family members are included in the final selection of 50,000

Just a guess... any thoughts?

i dont know

i have a different explanation..

i guess they start with europe for example EU 000001
and then AS 000002
AF 000003 and so on,,,

so u dont have 2 identical numbers in different continents,,

of course this is my guess,, and it might be wrong...

i guess they include family memebers among the 50000....

Many thanks for sharing your opinion.. I have thought of your scenario before..

but then I have never seen any selectee or in any Visa Bulletin, case number or current cut-off that is higher than 65000 (Africa). For 102610 selectees in 2010, I would presume to find this case number.

I don't think it is successive blocks of numbers, as I have found 2 digit ranks in Asia as well as 30000.

Moreover, showing Africa's cut-off move faster to higher ranks than Asia, South America and other regions, wouldn't make the selection process fair for others.

On the other hand, the visa kit instructions explain that we should act promptly well before September as visas may get distributed well before that date.. With the monthly defined cut-off allocations, we have little freedom in completing the process before being actually called.

I am also puzzled at one of KCC responses (found in another thread), were they advise to send back the completed forms (of 1st NL) ASAP as applications are processed in order of receipt.

So what are the cut-offs in the Visa Bulletins for?

Did you get your second letter?? I think you CN is current for FEB 10???

1st. Congrats to all winners.. I am selectee CN 2010AS0001XXXX

2nd. My brother applied for 2011 and I hope that will both be in US

3rd. I have looked at the Visa Bulletins, and I'm quite confused with the allocated cut-off numbers.
Here is some stats, that I would like to share with everyone in look for some clarifications:
2009 Total selectees = 99062
2010 Total selectees = 102610

2009 Asia Selectees = 14002
2010 Asia Selectees = 15001

2009 Asia Cut-off in Oct = 2900
2010 Asia Cut-off in Oct = 7000

Q1: if the rank number is regional as indicated in the bulletins, how come there are CN's above 15001 for 2010?

But I think it is current for FEB 2010 ??? 1XXXX is 5 digit or nore than that :confused:?

The current number for Asia in Feb 2010 is 10550, so I guess my number will be current in March or April.

Does any one know about the requirements for DV2?
If my chargeability is on my wife's country of birth, does she need to fill in the DSP-122 form as well?

The current number for Asia in Feb 2010 is 10550, so I guess my number will be current in March or April.

Does any one know about the requirements for DV2?
If my chargeability is on my wife's country of birth, does she need to fill in the DSP-122 form as well?

Only the principal applicant needs to fill out DSP-122 according to the instructions. The eligibility criteria will be looked at by the embassy at the time of the interview. On question 5 of DSP-122, if you want, you can mention "wife's country of birth claimed" and the DS-230 forms you will submit will show that it is her country of birth. Good luck.