• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 winner from Indonesia

AntonLou

Registered Users (C)
is there any body dv2008 winner from indonesia?
I tried to fill in the forms but some answers are typos, may I download the forms then type it from computer and print? I see that the forms are exactly same as sent to me but the forms that sent to me has background printed 2008. so is it possible to sent these forms (type and print from computer)?
Thank you so much and waiting for your enlightenment.
Regards,
Anton

I tried to fill in the forms but some answers are typos, may I download the forms then type it from computer and print? I see that the forms are exactly same as sent to me but the forms that sent to me has background printed 2008. so is it possible to sent these forms (type and print from computer)?
Regards,
Anton

You can download the forms and fill them out, it doesnt really matter, just as long as the ones you download have exactly the same sections and questions as the ones sent to you. Be sure to keep a photocopy of the compelted forms before you mail them back. If you are not sure, as your local US Embassy/Consulate to clarify on the forms. Dont take too long tho with filling the forms, coz lots of people are receiving and filling them in too, and only 50,000 out of possibly 80,000 that will receive winners notifications will receiving an interview notification. I sent mine back within a week of receiving them last year and it took 7 months to get an interview scheduled. Good luck.

Regards,
Anton

Hi Anton,
Just Type Ex (with correction pen) the typo you already fill,and make photo copy of the form.
Then send to KCC the photo copy of the form with correct answer.
Do not worry about this too much.
as long as the form does not contain computer code or something then it would be no problem at all.
Oh yeah do not forget to keep copy of the form (already filled by you) that you send to kcc just for your file and reference.

now I want to ask you some questions:
1. Where do you received this NL (in Jakarta or other city)?
2. What is your Case number (just type in xx) onthe last 2 digit for your privacy.
3. how many times have you try DV lottery before you win?
4. do you apply alone or your wife also apply (I mean you submit 2 applications, because according to law it is ok to do it, aslong as the 2 applications have different main applicant (one is you and the other is your wife)?
5. What is the date on the NL?
6. When do you received this NL?
7. Is it send from Sweden like last year or from USA?(you can check this from the postmarked on the envelope).

Thank you

I'm from Indonesia too. I apply GC through employment base.
I'm interested in applying DV for my younger brother. Should I do it for him or should he do it himself? He lives in Jakarta.
Nice to meet all of you!!

You can do it either way. Using your address or his address in Jakarta.
Make sure that you will be at the same address when state department mail the decision, if you are using your address in the US. They don't usually forward the letter.

I'm from Indonesia too. I apply GC through employment base.
I'm interested in applying DV for my younger brother. Should I do it for him or should he do it himself? He lives in Jakarta.
Nice to meet all of you!!

thanks and terimakasih for your kind response purity.. yes I received it in Jakarta...the case number is 2008as98XX...I tried this lottery many times, as I remember around 4 -5 times. I see from NL it takes around 2 weeks to receive the mail from Malmo, Sweden....now i tried my best to submit this to KCC..I wish and pray that I will be called...
thanks again for your response...
wasalam,
Anton

thanks and terimakasih for your kind response purity.. yes I received it in Jakarta...the case number is 2008as98XX...I tried this lottery many times, as I remember around 4 -5 times. I see from NL it takes around 2 weeks to receive the mail from Malmo, Sweden....now i tried my best to submit this to KCC..I wish and pray that I will be called...
thanks again for your response...
wasalam,
Anton

Hi Anton,
from your case number, it is quite a bit high number,but don't worry because in Indonesia there are not so many winners anyway, so I am sure you will get interviewed although it might be some times next year.
As soon as you fill it up completely,
send it via Fedex or DHL to KCC.
And track the shipment.
When it indicated (on DHL/FEDEX web site tracking service) it is received,print the web page of DHL/Fedex as your prove.
In about 2 months from the date KCC receive, try e-mail KCC, and asked them to confirm your name are already in the system.(don't forget to save every e-mail correspondence you have with KCC for your reference).

Good luck to you Anton,
I wish you all the best.
Best regards,
purity

Thank you Purity for your positive response. how about you? have you get GC? where do you live? I know that you are Indonesian

Hi Anton,

I live in Jakarta,still hoping to win DV lottery :)
not as lucky as you yet ha ha ha

But I do follow a lot of GC and DV lottery procedure,
just to be prepared when I win someday...

Also, do you have some body for your address in US (that you have to fill in the DS230 form),for the GC to be mailed?
I do not have anybody there reliable enough for my mailing address in case I won.
I still thinking of renting a PO Box office,but I heard that the address for GC have to be real Physical address...
Do you aware of this ?
Thanks

Purity,
as my knowledge, there is nothing to do with US address, all mail will be corresponded to our address. the US address is only for make sure our adaptibility
Terima kasih

Purity,
as my knowledge, there is nothing to do with US address, all mail will be corresponded to our address. the US address is only for make sure our adaptibility
Terima kasih

Yes all your mail during the process before interview will be to your mailing address, in your case Jakarta I believe.

But the more important is the address in US for your Green Card and Social Security Number to be mailed to after you enter the US Airport for the first time...

Lots of people fill in the US address of their family or friends in the early DS-230 form submission.
Later on those family or friends move to another address or lost contact with the GC applicant.
Then problem start because although at Port of Entry, the custome office usually ask again,which address you want the GC to be mailed to,
most of the time the data base is not updated, and the GC end up still mailed to the first address (US address) submitted on the DS230 forms.

So make sure the US Address you use is reliable and permanent at least for the next 1,5 years.

Good Luck

Greetings,

I'm also a DV winner from Indonesia. Me and my wife won the DV2007, we've gone through the whole DV process and now living in the US. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Cheers

Hi Speedy, good to hear from you again. I'm from Indonesia and aDV-2008 winner AS4XXX. I have some questions for you

1. Did you make any contact (i.e. phone calls or emails) with KCC?
2. When was your interview date and when did you receive the 2nd package?
3. Where did you do your medical check up?
4. On your interview date, did you need to wait in line with other non-immigrant?
5. Do you mind to tell me what questions did they ask?
6. Did you receive your immigrant visa immediately after the interview or just wait for several days?

I am so worried because I do not live in Jakarta and do not have any relatives in Jakarta, so I want to be well prepare for the upcoming interview.

Thanks
Handoyo

Purity,

Do you know KCC email address?

Speedys4,
I am glad to hear your successful story and thank you for your welcome note. I do have tons of question regarding this and If you do not mind I need your advices and info. here is a list of my questions:
1. When did you get your NL?
2. When did you send your filled forms to KCC?
3. When did you get notification for interview?
4. When did your interview?
5. to make you easy to answer my questions, could you please share from the beginning date until you received your GC?
Thank you so much for your kind help..
Regards,
Anton

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Speedy, good to hear from you again. I'm from Indonesia and aDV-2008 winner AS4XXX. I have some questions for you

1. Did you make any contact (i.e. phone calls or emails) with KCC?
2. When was your interview date and when did you receive the 2nd package?
3. Where did you do your medical check up?
4. On your interview date, did you need to wait in line with other non-immigrant?
5. Do you mind to tell me what questions did they ask?
6. Did you receive your immigrant visa immediately after the interview or just wait for several days?

I am so worried because I do not live in Jakarta and do not have any relatives in Jakarta, so I want to be well prepare for the upcoming interview.

Thanks
Handoyo

To answer your question:
1.Yes I did make contacts with KCC, using both email and phone. If you need an immediate answer than your best bet is to call them, but expect a long wait though. They answered email fairly slow it's about 2 - 4 business days.

2.Our interview date was in the beginning of November 2006 and our 2nd arrived at the end of November =). As you might know that you can't depend on our postal service, they are super slow. If you're scheduled an interview date and a month before the date you haven't received the 2nd package email/call KCC. Ask KCC to email you the 2nd Package, that's what I did

3.The embassy listed I believe 3 locations for medical check up, I opted the one located in 'Kuningan' which called "Medikaloka". It cost almost Rp.2,000,000 for me and my wife since we had to take all the vaccine again.

4.Yes, I have to wait in the line. Just come early

5.Some of the questions were: Why do you want to immigrate to the US, have I ever been to the US before (Yes), what did you do while you're in the US, what did you study in the US, who's the person in my i-134

6.No I didn't receive the visas right away, they told me to go home and wait for their call (which sucks). I waited for about 1 and a half months before they called and ask me to pick up the passports.

Don't worry, just prepare as much as possible. Remember it's much better to over prepare than don't have any preparation at all. PM me your email address so we can switch contact if you needed/have anymore questions

Purity,

Do you know KCC email address?

Speedys4,
I am glad to hear your successful story and thank you for your welcome note. I do have tons of question regarding this and If you do not mind I need your advices and info. here is a list of my questions:
1. When did you get your NL?
2. When did you send your filled forms to KCC?
3. When did you get notification for interview?
4. When did your interview?
5. to make you easy to answer my questions, could you please share from the beginning date until you received your GC?
Thank you so much for your kind help..
Regards,
Anton

Hi Anton,

KCC email address is kccdv@state.gov =) .. and to answer your questions

1. I received my first NL on the beginning of June 2006
2. I sent my forms within 4 days of receiving the 1st NL
3. It was on October 2006 when my number was current
4. Interview on the beginning of November 2006
5. Yes, please PM me your email address

Cheers

Hi SpeedyS4,
I just PM you my e-mail :)

Please kindly e-mail me your personal experience too,and I also have one little question.

Thank you again for your kind help.
Best regards,
purity

Hi SpeedyS4, thank you for your quick response. Same as AntonLou, I wish you could send me your GC experience to my email at iin234@yahoo.com. Again, thank you.

Handoyo

Hi Handoyo,
Would you mind telling us,
the date on your NL,
and when do you received the NL?
Also which city are you from (since you are not in Jakarta)?
plus how many times have you applied for DV lottery before winning?
Thank you