• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 winner from Bangladesh Please list here

hello i am shakil a 2007AS77xx from bangladesh (originally from chittagong but currently living in istanbul)although i am 2007 winner and due to fly USA very soon, nevertheless i wanted to list my case here so that i can help the next fellow winner:D

Hi,

This is Roma here. I am from Kushtia, currently living in Colorado, USA.
Case no : 2008AS004XXX. I plan to do AOS. Happy to see that this number will be
current in Dec 2007.

Like to share

hello i am shakil a 2007AS77xx from bangladesh (originally from chittagong but currently living in istanbul)although i am 2007 winner and due to fly USA very soon, nevertheless i wanted to list my case here so that i can help the next fellow winner:D

Congratulate that you won GC. Would u please share ur experience of interview to our bangladeshi brother and sister, and also suggest us what the procedure should we follow in case of preparing documents, should u hire a lawyer or do ourselves? What about Affidavit of Support? Have a nice journey to US.
Thanks

Dear bro and sis;

First of all i want to focus on some issue and i think that will be help full to those who are going to sit for interview very soon.

there are controversial issue for interview- as if candidate sit for interview iN dhaka then they demand extra documents while in abroad it change according to location.

i set for interview in Ankara and my university diploma is from İstanbul institute of engineering tech and when i first registered at university, they took all my college and high school certificate and after graduation they still hold all documents and cannot be return back to me this is the europian policy for education fact etc.ankara embassy did not want my police certificate from bangladesh and any bank statement (nevertheless i showed 12K usd )or sponsor but turkish Police certificate which is taken in turkey within 5 mints for residence:

I prepared Ankara US emb with,
1 Birth certificate(taken from chittagong city corporation)must necessary
2.My engineering diploma and additionally Mba degree certificate.Education must necessary.
3.police certificate from turkey must necessary.
4.bank statement
5.appointment letter that sended from KCC with 2nd package
6. medical report that recomended me to have specific hospital(US recomended)must necessary

when ccandidate sit for interview they will possibly demand as

1 Birth certificatemust necessary
2.SSC,HSC certificate and admit card and registration cards for both-even if you have university degree or diploma etc.
3.police certificate from local reciprocal (thana where you live) and from the offshore where you did live more then 6 months.
4.bank statement Not necesary (i just learnt it through forum)
5.appointment letter that sended from KCC with 2nd package
6. medical report (US recomended)must necessary

More imortantly that i want to say while during my interview consoller officer told me that all papers and document are in order and you will recieve visa within 5 working days.so wait more 2 weeks to get passport from Embassy but meanwhile the send me my passport with green paper notifying that you are under administrative processing and that was so very annoying becasue 2007 deadline left only 2 months after my interview.
Finally i got clearance after 7 weeks (18th september -1 week before deadline of 2007) and went ankara to handover passport again and the day after they sent my passport with visa and so called yellow visa package:D

Thats 7 weeks i felt 7years lost of my entire life.:(
The main cause of pending my visa is just for living in abroad and my name as so common in muslim.

i still thinking that i got clearance just for my parents pray and my profession but nothing. I know so many friends who are winner but under admin proc and did not get any clearance before the deadline - i feel that pain :eek: .

so in this case you fellow who have smaller case no is quite lucky ;).

i set 4 interview in 24th july my case was 2007as 77xx

i want to say CP is better then AOS although process has already done as you sent forms. but donot worry . your case is small;)

Please do not feel bad about admin process,this is normal for some candidate that i have mentoned above,but unfortunately cannot expedite. I just wanted to write my experience here, so that you can get idea or prepare for so called Admin process.

Loving with
shakil

Congratulate that you won GC. Would u please share ur experience of interview to our bangladeshi brother and sister, and also suggest us what the procedure should we follow in case of preparing documents, should u hire a lawyer or do ourselves? What about Affidavit of Support? Have a nice journey to US.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Hi Zahid

I have sent a email to your yahoo address. have u got it?

If u have time pls. reply

hello Zahid, Can u please tell me does they need admit card in case of education certificate, i have all but i lost my admit cards.

Dear Suman,

For principal applicant atleast one admid card or a registration card either of SSC or HSC is a must. Because, there is no photographs in the SSC and HSC markscard and certificate. Photographs available only in the admid card and registration card. If you do not have any admid card and registration card then you may asked for some additional documents by the consular.

Thanks
Zahid

Dear Shakil,
My case is also under Administrative Process. What does "Administrative Process" mean?
Please explain.

Zahid

Zahid ,

very sorry to here that you are under administrative processing.

It is mainly differ on your Background check with your name (that is very common)or some time they did it as fingure print check when you have in US before.or possibly if you live in outside Bangladesh (all these kind of admin procc done by FBI through state depertment Washington )or documents verification that you have provided them (done by embassy in concerning adminstation like education board,city corporation etc).

About processing it will take 1week to 6 months even more but embassy cannot expedite it unfortunately
after all, in BD us embassy cannot publish clearance on web like turkish US embassy so you cannot follow yourselve so you need to wait untill they call you.
It is very frastraing situation to wait for something good but desparetely i feel your pain now because i waited more then 2 months for clearance as i mention above that deadline was so close to result my case.so in this case you are really lucky. because you have sufficient time. call them after every 1 months to check your clearance.
just wait wait patiently ipray for you.

Dear Shakil,
My case is also under Administrative Process. What does "Administrative Process" mean?
Please explain.

Zahid

Mr. Zahid,
For whom I need Police clearence ? Principal applicant, husband , two minor children. Suppose I lived about 8 yrs in CTG, 9 months in Coxsbazar and 3 yrs in Dhaka-then how many I need. Plz tell us the procedure to get Police clearence. How about vaccination certificate? Me and my husband did not gave Td( I dont know if it is available in Dhaka), MMR, Varicella( though both have suffered from chicken pox earlier).Gave Hepatitis B vaccine personally but no document ( How and where can we manage a certificate fr that?). Do I need translations of any one of these-
Marksheets, Nikahnama,Police clearenceor anything else?
And lastly how did u get ur babys passport- plz write step by step.
SOHANA, 2008AS12XXX

reply to Sohana

I am back again to help you guys. about Police Certificate , you have to make a challan , take your passport and an application letter to the Police Station where the current address of your passport is. you will get one police certificate for each passport.

there are probably 3 physicians listed Dr Wahab , a rude one, one lady and another guy, you can collect the list from embassy or i can post it here if you need.

after getting the 1st letter NO TRANSLATION ARE RECOMMENDED, KEEP THE ORIGINAL ONE

marksheet translation is not needed at all, nikahnama can be as the originial bangla will be there, police clearance is in English

about passport i heard it takes 3 hours now to get a passport, but you can attach your baby's name with your passport, sorry this matter is not so clear to me

thats all for now, any questions can be thrown at me

Ferdous, New York

DV 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You

I am back again to help you guys. about Police Certificate , you have to make a challan , take your passport and an application letter to the Police Station where the current address of your passport is. you will get one police certificate for each passport.

there are probably 3 physicians listed Dr Wahab , a rude one, one lady and another guy, you can collect the list from embassy or i can post it here if you need.

after getting the 1st letter NO TRANSLATION ARE RECOMMENDED, KEEP THE ORIGINAL ONE

marksheet translation is not needed at all, nikahnama can be as the originial bangla will be there, police clearance is in English

about passport i heard it takes 3 hours now to get a passport, but you can attach your baby's name with your passport, sorry this matter is not so clear to me

thats all for now, any questions can be thrown at me

Ferdous, New York

DV 2006

Thnx Mr. Ferdous
My kids r in my passport, so I have to get new passport for them and then apply for police certificate- isnt it?
Plz can anybody answer on my vaccine question?
SOHANA

@Hello everybody,
Is evidence of support must? I search this forum, some argued for its necessity but some experienced one opined that it did not need for Bangladesh, so can i get a reliable answer?

@SOHANA
I do not think u need to worry about vaccine, it was done by the medical checkup before interview, u need to worry if anybody has HIV+. Good luck everybody.