• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I-864 is not only not required, it is not really acceptable as a substitute for I-134. So, that cannot help. However, information listed there might clarify more details (it has more details than I-134).

As I said above... Neither of these forms is required. The I-134 is nice to have. You can get by without either if you can show income or assets of your own (e.g. job letter, bank statements). I-864 is not the right form and should not be used for this purpose (but you might get away with using it as neither form is required).

If you are going to show someone else's job letter or bank statements then you should get an I-134 to go with it.

The interview letter we got specifically mentions that I-134 can be supplied "if necessary."

The interview letter we got specifically mentions that I-134 can be supplied "if necessary."
True. In that very case (when necessary) providing I-864 instead of I-134 will not work. Though there is no harm in providing documents not related to the case.

affidavit of support for interview

Thanks guys.So what are the supporting documents for i-134?

March 02:Send AOS to Lockbox(by UPS)[/B]March 03 :Document received by USCIS
MArch 22:first notice of action
April 05:Biometrics for I-485
May 22:Interview letter
May 25:Fingure print for EAD

june 25 is my interview date and i am waiting for it.I am here in F-1 status and my parents are funding me.I am not working at all.So job letter is not applicable for me.I am trying to get job offer but i don't have EAD so i don't think job offer is good idea.I have one US permanent resident who can sponser me but his income is alo low.So can he fill up I-134 if yes what are the supporting documents i need from him?? Hope you guys will help me.Thanks

Thanks guys.So what are the supporting documents for i-134?

March 02:Send AOS to Lockbox(by UPS)[/B]March 03 :Document received by USCIS
MArch 22:first notice of action
April 05:Biometrics for I-485
May 22:Interview letter
May 25:Fingure print for EAD

june 25 is my interview date and i am waiting for it.I am here in F-1 status and my parents are funding me.I am not working at all.So job letter is not applicable for me.I am trying to get job offer but i don't have EAD so i don't think job offer is good idea.I have one US permanent resident who can sponser me but his income is alo low.So can he fill up I-134 if yes what are the supporting documents i need from him?? Hope you guys will help me.Thanks

When u print the I-134 form, u'll be able to figure out what supporting documents that you need from him

There are no forums dedicated to how to get a driver's license. And nobody feels "an eternal human desire" to hear about other people getting a driver's license. :)
I disagree. There is a lot of forum-type discussions among foreigners in US about getting a DL, a CDL, and so on. Especially among those, who have just arrived.

Had another infopass last Friday.
Namecheck still pending :(
185 days since docs been sent, 184 days since number became current, 142 days since namecheck received by FBI and 74 days since interview. Just bad luck :(

Anyway looks like it's time to start preparing letters to congressman, senator, etc.
So could someone give me example of the letter?
Also how I can get name and address/e-mail of my local field office director (USCIS Denver field office) - I'd like to escalate my case to he/her, but can't google name/address.

How is this happen? I'm so worry now..I hope you will hear something soon...

How is this happen? I'm so worry now..I hope you will hear something soon...

People got stack on namecheck sometimes.
Look through this site, look http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911 as an another example.
In the past some lucky guys were on namecheck for 6+ years.
Anyway almost all go through fast enough - only about 10% got stuck for months - so you need to be that lucky to join me in the very exciting waiting ;)

For those who have had their interviews, our interview letters have a list of check boxes for various documents, but the only one that is checked in the first one - passport/I-94. Does this mean that's all they are requesting from us? Were you asked for documents other than what was checked on the interview letter? We are planning to take everything that we can, but thought to check with people who have completed their interviews.

Thanks,
--tp

We were hardly asked for anything either. We took everything we had, but were only asked to show the items they requested on the interview letter.
The lady told us that as long as the copies of documents we had sent with the I485 forms were all readable quality then they had no need to see the originals.

For those who have had their interviews, our interview letters have a list of check boxes for various documents, but the only one that is checked in the first one - passport/I-94. Does this mean that's all they are requesting from us? Were you asked for documents other than what was checked on the interview letter? We are planning to take everything that we can, but thought to check with people who have completed their interviews.

Thanks,
--tp

Total DVs Issued 1998-2007

This is interesting reading,

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY07AnnualReportTableVII.pdf

They say these are "preliminary" data. Gives a good idea on how many from each country got 'lucky'.

Wow....Egypt, B'desh, Ethiopia,Nigeria,Ukrain......you guys just rake the whole field !! They are for some yrs above 7% each from the year's total (but at or lower 7% of 55k)

Hmmmm......so much for the diversity !

Numbers are for TOTAL (=CP+AOS) and seems includes the special 5k allocation as well(NACARA act)

According to the numbers, the DV program has never (for the last 10 Yrs) issued all the 55k visas ?? infact the the total shortfall is ~75k ! (and seems worst during last few yrs)

A quick % crunching is as follows (no OC & NA)

/Yr/ %of55k/ AF_/ AS__/ EU__/ SA/

1998 93.75 30.41 13.57 44.05 4.43
1999 98.39 33.48 11.79 46.70 4.97
2000 86.75 30.91 09.57 40.70 4.12
2001 82.64 32.87 12.37 32.43 3.48
2002 78.85 29.83 11.54 32.83 3.51
2003 92.38 34.96 11.92 40.58 3.68
2004 87.35 31.17 11.47 39.49 3.93
2005 87.55 34.76 11.75 35.15 4.48
2006 83.90 35.54 13.46 28.41 4.96
2007 72.87 32.81 13.00 22.97 3.09

Chk this too http://travel.state.gov/pdf/MultiYearTableVII.pdf
For more US visa stats go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/statistics/statistics_1476.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Green Card this friday. 1y2m after receivin my first notice from KCC

Congrats! I can't wait for the August bulletin. I have a quick question. Do I have to send the originals of the affidavit of support documents (including 1-134) or a photocopy?

Thanks.

update of my aos case

Since my last post, no progress has been made for my application.

I had an infopass appointment since then (~ May 16th). I ran into somebody that didn't want to verify any of the info that other agents told me (she said she's not gonna take responsibility about what other agents said ... that I will have to talk to them directly). She said that the decision for the request that the previous agent made (a week before) to see if they can request the expedition of my name check can take up to 45 days to be made ... so all I can do is to wait some more.

That very weekend I put together some letters for the congressman and senator offices. The congressman office contacted USCIS 3 weeks ago and they didn't receive any response from them until now. I talked to them this morning and she said that they used to get a response in 2-3 days ... but now there are some new people there and it just seems that it takes longer for them to respond to her inquiry. She'll send a second one today. The senator office contacted them 1 week ago and there's no answer yet.

Tomorrow I have another infopass. I don't even know anymore why i'm going there. I'm not gonna get a strait answer from them, they're gonna tell me to wait some more time and they're gonna give me bogus information ... unless, a miracle happened and my name check is clear and they actually plan to continue processing my case.

until next time ... GOOD LUCK to everybody and CONGRATULATIONS to those who received their green cards !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
...That very weekend I put together some letters for the congressman and senator offices. The congressman office contacted USCIS 3 weeks ago and they didn't receive any response from them until now. I talked to them this morning and she said that they used to get a response in 2-3 days ... but now there are some new people there and it just seems that it takes longer for them to respond to her inquiry. She'll send a second one today. The senator office contacted them 1 week ago and there's no answer yet...

Fjelltronen, sorry to hear that :(

By the way - how you contact congressman and senator office initially - by mail, e-mail or appointment?
Could you give me example of request if it was done by email?

Fjelltronen, sorry to hear that :(

By the way - how you contact congressman and senator office initially - by mail, e-mail or appointment?
Could you give me example of request if it was done by email?

both of them had online contact forms (on their websites) and that's what i used, but for them to actually do something, i had to file a privacy information release form. So, I ended up faxing them the information (their privacy forms and my letter). The congressman office asked me to also send them all other communications that i had with uscis. I used the two customer info receipts that i had from uscis (that had contradicting information in them: one stating that my name check was pending in february and the other stating that my name check was submitted in april).

I have the letter at home (i used the same letter for both). As soon as I reach this evening, I can send you my template. I didn't have any advice to follow, so .. they're just something that i thought might be good to write and make sense for them to receive.