• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

i guess we are unlucky with namecheck. I couldnt wait for 180 days its killing me.

I can imagine what you folks are going thru. i mailed my application to chicago lockbox 4 wks ago and i ahve still not received any NOA. When u call customer service, they say it takes 60-90 days to get NOA from chicago lockbox. i am really freaking out at this time. there isn't any time to mess around. USCIS just dosen't get it. i just hope everything works out fine.:mad:

I can imagine what you folks are going thru. i mailed my application to chicago lockbox 4 wks ago and i ahve still not received any NOA. When u call customer service, they say it takes 60-90 days to get NOA from chicago lockbox. i am really freaking out at this time. there isn't any time to mess around. USCIS just dosen't get it. i just hope everything works out fine.:mad:

Delivered: 3/4
Today: 4/16
Total number of days: 43
Check cleared: No.

If it isn't receipted by the end of the month then we will probably switch to CP. We'll have a fight on our hands with USCIS about the $1,010. And I doubt the DOS will let us use the $375 towards the visa fee at the consulate.

Delivered: 3/4
Today: 4/16
Total number of days: 43
Check cleared: No.

If it isn't receipted by the end of the month then we will probably switch to CP. We'll have a fight on our hands with USCIS about the $1,010. And I doubt the DOS will let us use the $375 towards the visa fee at the consulate.

I guess u could stop the check. hey man, hang in there. You'll be fine.

Perl: My local office is in Pittsburgh.

Another question. I am applying for AP as well, and thought it would be faster to send it in with my AOS package. However, I see how long it takes to process things in Chicago and thought it may be quicker to sned it seperately and just wait for the recepit then send my I131 app. to the local office. I am sending my AOS package for October 1st, however I wish to travel overseas for December 15th so Im a little concerned with timing..

Another question. I am applying for AP as well, and thought it would be faster to send it in with my AOS package. However, I see how long it takes to process things in Chicago and thought it may be quicker to sned it seperately and just wait for the recepit then send my I131 app. to the local office. I am sending my AOS package for October 1st, however I wish to travel overseas for December 15th so Im a little concerned with timing..

well, either one would work

Logic here doesn't seem to work. If your receipt takes two months to show up (we're on week 7) then you can't file I-131 for two months. If the receipt comes promptly then your file is out of Chicago promptly. AP is processed at the NBC, not at your district office.

No, unfortunatelly it is still the same.
I am checking it every 15 minutes, and NO CHANGE !!!!!!!!

it's really weird. My card production has been ordered today. You might wanna call USCIS and talk to CSR. I do not know if this delay is due to your local office.

No, unfortunatelly it is still the same.
I am checking it every 15 minutes, and NO CHANGE !!!!!!!!

First, congratulations on your successful interview. :)

I would stop worrying so much. It's barely a week since your interview. Just sign up for automatic email notifcations, relax, and give it a week more. If your online status doesn't change by then and you don't get anything in the mail schedule an INFOPASS. Probably at that INFOPASS it will all be sorted out.

I filed for AOS at around the same time as you, and I didn't even receive an interview letter yet. Seriously, relax. :)

By the way, what is your local office?

Last edited by a moderator:

I would stop worrying so much. It's barely a week since your interview. Just sign up for automatic email notifcations, relax, and give it a week more. If your online status doesn't change by then and you don't get anything in the mail schedule an INFOPASS. Probably at that INFOPASS it will all be sorted out.

I filed for AOS at around the same time as you, and I didn't even receive an interview letter yet. Seriously, relax. :)

It seems like this AOS drama is all about how lucky one is.

Hi Johnkent,

I've a question for you,which country are you from?And if you don't mind telling me where in Midwest you are,coz i'm in midwest too.

Thanks

CN:2009AF14XXX
04/08/08--- 1st NL
04/15/08--- Sent forms back to KCC

Thanks, for your good wishes. But waiting is really BAD !!!!.
By the way my local office is Des Moines, IA. And, I am originally from Turkey.

Hi Johnkent,

I've a question for you,which country are you from?And if you don't mind telling me where in Midwest you are,coz i'm in midwest too.

Thanks

CN:2009AF14XXX
04/08/08--- 1st NL
04/15/08--- Sent forms back to KCC

Am In Kansas. Send me a PM so i can give ya my cell number

For those of you who have received their green card;

1-) when did your online case status change?
2-) in how many days did you receive yyour welcome letter, and your green card?

because although 1 week is passed after the interview, there is no change in my online case status.

brothers,
since you are way a head of me..u may be able to answer some of my questions. I have my biometrics appointment soon. I was wondering what's gonna be next and after how long?

Do we need ot send anything to USCIS after biometrics or no we are done?
Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
brothers,
since you are way a head of me..u may be able to answer some of my questions. I have my biometrics appointment soon. I was wondering what's gonna be next and after how long?

Do we need ot send anything to USCIS after biometrics or no we are done?
Thanks very much.

Actually, after the biometrics test, they sent me my EAD card after 1 week. and after 6weeks I had my interview. I don't remember any document that I sent to USCIS after the biometrics test.

Been a while since I checked in here. Brothers et al who are worrying about online status changes, my status didn't actually change before I recieved my card. My welcome letter came the day before the card, and I think it was about 10 days-2 weeks after the interview.