• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

i wished i did CP too but there's nothin i can do about it. we just got to wait. i spoke to like three representatives this morning and they both said totally 3 different things. One of them wanted me to call back when its 30 days since they got my application so that he can file a complaint or watever. anyway, my 30 days will be on wednesday. I'll keep ya posted

I think you need to wait some more time. Because I sent my documents on January 1, and I have received the Notice of Actions in Mid February, which is approximately 6 weeks.

I think you need to wait some more time. Because I sent my documents on January 1, and I have received the Notice of Actions in Mid February, which is approximately 6 weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement brother. Am just going to wait and hope for the best. I think everything will be just fine.

Saurav,
Did they tell you anything during interview about how you will get your updated social security card. I am just wondering whether I have to make a trip to Social Security Administration office or they will send it by themselves.
Any idea?

Did your Status change now?

Unfortunately not all of us can do Consular processing due to school/work obligations, so I will be doing dv 2009 AOS.

I do have a question regarding the 2009 DV however. It seems last year that you sent froms back to KCC requesting AOS. In this years package, it says to go directly to USCIS and we are not required to contact the KCC anymore if we are eligible for AOS. Can anyone shed some light on this change? And confirm that no initial forms need to be sent to KCC.

Unfortunately not all of us can do Consular processing due to school/work obligations, so I will be doing dv 2009 AOS.

I do have a question regarding the 2009 DV however. It seems last year that you sent froms back to KCC requesting AOS. In this years package, it says to go directly to USCIS and we are not required to contact the KCC anymore if we are eligible for AOS. Can anyone shed some light on this change? And confirm that no initial forms need to be sent to KCC.

You need to, at minimum, send back the DV Supplement form that KCC provides. There is no harm in sending in DS-230 as this keeps your options open should you later decide to do CP. These forms are not particularly hard to fill out. You will also ultimately need to remit a fee to the Department of State.

With AOS you have some flexibility to wait a bit on sending in the paperwork to KCC in the event you want to keep plausible deniability with regard to your immigrant intent.

Strongly suggest you evaluate clearly your ability to do CP. KCC is a very professionally run organization and CP cases consistently come to interview in a timely and predictable way. We're now in week seven of waiting for USCIS to receipt our case.

Aos Dv Interview Experience

Saurav,
Did they tell you anything during interview about how you will get your updated social security card. I am just wondering whether I have to make a trip to Social Security Administration office or they will send it by themselves.
Any idea?

Well! the immigration officer asked me if i have any doubts/questions after he approved my case, but i was so pleased that i had nothing going through my mind.:eek: I had really planned to ask him some questions that i had read in this forum, including your concern about the social security card.

I think it is the best idea to visit the local social security administration office ( in my case it's just 2 blocks from the place i am living). But, I am pretty sure that we should get a new card with the same number in it (except that DHS Authorization Part).

About, my Interview- it was on Friday at 8 AM. i reached there at around 7:15 but unfortunately, the doors for the immigrants were not opened yet. Later, they were opened at 7:30 and i entered the building. After scanning of my back packs i was asked to go to the 3rd floor and to drop off my appointment letter and to wait. I did the same. At around, 8:08 AM, An immigration officer than entered the waiting room, looked at everybody and called my name. Within a second, i collected my original documents and followed the officer.

I was hoping that i will have to stand infront of a glass window and answer all his question. (That's what i did in Kathmandu during my student visa interview), BUT i was wrong.:p He took me inside his office (a small room with a big table in the middle) and asked me to sit in a couch. That was strange!!!;)

He took his sit and asked me to raise my right hand for oath. I thought i had to utter something, as i was taking an oath. NO, i just had to raise my hand.:)

Then, i noticed the documents that i had sent while filing AOS lying in his table. He started flipping the pages. He looked at the $375 DV fee receipt, instantly i said i have the original copy. I showed it to him. Then, He asked me to show him my social security, I 94 , work authorization. I took 'em out of my folder and placed them infront of him. He looked at all of them and took the stapled I 94 out of my passport. He looked at me and said "it will stay safe with me". That indicated that now i am in the safe side. A big relief.....:D:D

Then, he asked me if i had the original untranslated birth certificate (i had only sent the translated copy). I said YES, and showed it to him taking it out from my folder. He stared at it and said he will make a copy of it. He went outside to make a copy.

He returned and again started flipping the pages of AOS documents. He stopped in my transcript. Then, he asked when i started the college here in USA, what's my major? I answered his questions and told him that i am in my second year (a Sophomore) and then he started counting the courses that appeared in the transcript ( probably, to verify if i was a full time student). After he was done, i told him that i have a letter from the university stating that i have never been out of status or worked offcampus. He asked for the paper and i handed him the original letter. He kept it.

Then, he again started flipping the documents, this time it was the tax returns. He was looking at it and i asked him if he wants my pay stub from my last 3 paychecks and my two job offers. He said "why not, just show me whatever you have." Then, i handed him my job offers and pay check records. He looked at 'em "ok, from where you are getting paid from at present?" I said , my research and the dining center. I am a student supervisor over there" He said that he's gonna keep 'em all and he pinned them to my AOS documents. I did not showed him the bank statements as i had deposited heavy amount just recently. Though, the total was nearly 13 G.

After that; he reached the I 485 documents and said that he's gonna ask me something. I said "ok". He started with my name. I thought that was funny. Then, my entering date in USA, my nationality, my current VISA status, name of my parents and their current address. I also told him that tomorrow is the New Year in Nepal, so if i got my status adjusted it would be a great gift for me. He smiled at me. Later, i thought i shouldn;t have said that. :eek: Then, he went over the crime, deportation, YES or NO part. Obviously, i said NO to all of them and he crossed off all the question by a red marker. Then he said to himself, as if there was a checklist, I 485 done...security check done....( i thought that was name check).......

Then, looked at me and forwarded his right hand towards me, "CONGRATULATIONS, You will receive your card within some weeks. I think you might already have researched something before coming here, you will not have to worry about these I 20s, you can travel using your greencard and passport, i can barely remember what else he said i know he said a lot of things about DV and benefits of greencard.......coz i was so happy :D
Then, he asked me if i have any questions? I said " not at the moment." Ok, then i will try to put some information in my computer" He scanned a bar code and waited to see if it becomes green in the screen. It did.;) He added " I just like to do it now, so that i will know if any problems occur. After, a pause looking at the screen in his computer, ok its done. You will receive your welcome letters and the card some days later. Congratulations again. He stood up and so did i.
Then, he said that he will show me the way to outside, i followed him and again thanked him. He also wished me HAppy NEw Year and best of luck for the future. I came back to the waiting room and picked up my stuffs and left the building. Waoh...it was a gr8 gr8 relief!!!

HEY brothers my status has changed .

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC080941****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On April 14, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USC

HEY brothers my status has changed .

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC080941****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On April 14, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USC

Congrratulations

it changed today, 14th. Its kind a weird that urs haven't changed yet. It might be due to work loads at different local offices. It will change, dun worry

just follow the instructions in the NL carefully. i think the procedure changes from year to year. what we did may not be the same as required for dv2009.

i think the timing of AOS is quite random. waiting is really frustrating. but ur case number is low, so u got plenty of time.

one thing that the uscis officer told me is that if you kept a good status of your current visa, then your case is easy to approved.

where is your local office?

EAD production ordered..

ARE WE eligible to work once this EAD is ordered to be produced....OR do we have to wait to receive the Card?

Hello all,

I went to the interview today.
Everything was smooth. I had all the documents and answered various question about my case.
The person I dealt with congratulated me on how well-prepared I was. :D
I was told that my case is still pending name check, and that given the 6-month period after which USCIS can approve a case without getting namecheck results, I should receive the card sometimes in June.

Wait and see...

Hello all,

I went to the interview today.
Everything was smooth. I had all the documents and answered various question about my case.
The person I dealt with congratulated me on how well-prepared I was. :D
I was told that my case is still pending name check, and that given the 6-month period after which USCIS can approve a case without getting namecheck results, I should receive the card sometimes in June.

Wait and see...

CONGRATULATIONS, NIKO ! :)

I'm still waiting for the interview letter.