• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

is it possible to know the status of name check.

I called FBI to know about my biometrics. They said that my biometrics has already been submitted to my local office the same day i had biometrics appointment. And, they also told me that there is no way to know the status of the name check.

again, i found this information in their website

"When can I request a name check?
A name check can be requested when the fingerprints have been rejected twice for image quality by the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division.

:confused:

Nico, does the letter contain some of your personal information (A#, receipt#) ? Maybe you can call them and double-check the interview appointment date and time? And you can also ask about the status of your name check.

Yes, it does contain my A# number. I checked with a friend of mine who went through the interview already (Yes, what are the odd that two friends win the GC the same year?), and his letter looked like mine.
But, I will definitely call sometimes next week. I'm curious about the name check. From what I understand, if your name check is completed when you go through the interview, your receive the card pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Nico

I've got a question about USCIS Case Status Online.

I submitted form I-485, received the notice of action, did biometrics, and am now waiting for my interview letter. When I log in to USCIS Case Status Online, it says in the text "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location."

Did this change to your local office sometime after biometrics? Before interview? After interview?

Thanks!

I've got a question about USCIS Case Status Online.

I submitted form I-485, received the notice of action, did biometrics, and am now waiting for my interview letter. When I log in to USCIS Case Status Online, it says in the text "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location."

Did this change to your local office sometime after biometrics? Before interview? After interview?

Thanks!
Hello, I have had that same status since I went for biometrics. I received my interview letter yesterday, and the status did not change.

Nico

Congratulation niko_france. Finally the interview letter came.
What are the documents they had asked you to bring? On your interview letter, does it check marked the box that says see attached document and it has bunch of things to bring on that another sheet?

Hello all,
I finally received an interview appointment ! :rolleyes:
I was surprised that the letter doesn't look like anything that I ever received from USCIS. :confused:
It's just a simple letter with the date, the time and the Officer's name. It also states that the interview will be videotaped. That's the first time that I hear of such a thing.

My interview is on the 15th of April, in Newark.
The case status didn't change on USCIS's website. :(

I love those things: :eek:

I had asked the same question earlier once and someone who had completed the interview had said that it changes after the interview.
Hello, I have had that same status since I went for biometrics. I received my interview letter yesterday, and the status did not change.

Nico

Saurav,
The only way to know the status of name check is by scheduling an infopass appointment. Apart from that, I don't think there is other easy way to find out about name check

I called FBI to know about my biometrics. They said that my biometrics has already been submitted to my local office the same day i had biometrics appointment. And, they also told me that there is no way to know the status of the name check.

again, i found this information in their website

"When can I request a name check?
A name check can be requested when the fingerprints have been rejected twice for image quality by the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division.

:confused:

Interesting. Does your status still say "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location"? I thought they only schedule an interview once your case arrives at the local office.

Interesting. Does your status still say "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location"? I thought they only schedule an interview once your case arrives at the local office.

This is what I have:
On November 14, 2007, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Your case is now pending. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hello Everyone,

I sent my package to USCIS Chicago lockbox on Feb 10th.
The postal service shows it has been delivered.

My checks have not been cashed and I have not received a notice yet as of March 14.
Why has it taken so long...
Do you think I should resend my application.
Thanks

The time it takes from submitting the application to the date you receive the NOA is quite random as observed from this thread. I got mine in 2 weeks. Ruxy got it after 1.5 months.

Since you don't have an NOA yet, I don't know if it is useful to call.

Yes, it is quite nervous while waiting. I understand. I remember that I was very nervous while I checked if my package had been delivered or not. Mine took 1 week to reach there.

As long as it shows "delivered", it should be fine.

cranberries79
don't worry, wait for one more week, I guess you will get the NOA this week.
I have seen, those who sent AOS package in Feb, most of them got NOA after a month, even longer.

good luck

reciept

I haven't recieved my reciept yet either. They have recieved my package on Feb. 24th.
I'm getting nervous as well.

hi there,
when did you sent your documets? I've sent it almost for a month and i haven't recieved any reciept.
Thanks,
Pegah

INFOPASS question

I've got a question for people who went for an INFOPASS to check the status of their case.

What option did you choose when scheduling it online? If I click on "You need Service on a case that has already been filed", I get 4 more options and none of them apply to me. I just want to find out about the status of my case, and make sure I talk to an actual immigration officer.

Thanks!

I've got a question for people who went for an INFOPASS to check the status of their case.

What option did you choose when scheduling it online? If I click on "You need Service on a case that has already been filed", I get 4 more options and none of them apply to me. I just want to find out about the status of my case, and make sure I talk to an actual immigration officer.

Thanks!

Just choose watever. U'll get to speak to an agent anyways. The most important thing is that u have an appointment.

Thanks!

I always picked "You need information or other services", but i only talked to a representative at one of their windows. I know don't if they are "actual immigration officers", but they were able to access my information (i gave them my A#) and to tell me what i wanted (even if i wasn't always happy with their answers).

Thanks!

If it helps: I made an INFOPASS appointment for Monday (I chose the "You need information or other services" option) and the confirmation page has "appointment type: speak to immigration officer". So, the agents that we speak with are considered immigration officers.