• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

yes, they don't stamp the passport anymore...they stamped mine only because I need to travel outside us a week from now and the gc might not arrive by then.

Was on Infopass today.
My case stacked in pending FBA namecheck - started at Jan 13. :-(

The good thing they are aware of new 180 days rule for namecheck, so hopefully I'll have time to complete till Sep 30.

Was on Infopass today.
My case stacked in pending FBA namecheck - started at Jan 13. :-(

The good thing they are aware of new 180 days rule for namecheck, so hopefully I'll have time to complete till Sep 30.

So, your name check was submitted before your biometrics were captured. Is your fingerprint check done?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my documents on the 31st January by USPS overnight express delivery and was received on the 1st Feb. The USPS tracking shows "Your item was delivered at 1:56 PM on February 1, 2008 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to INS 805887 . The item was signed for by V BUSTAMANTE".

My check is not cashed yet and no NOA as well.

Did anyone whose number was current in February sent AOS documents to USCIS at the same time? May I know your current status?

congrats

Finally the interview letter arrived today. Its scheduled for March 24.

By the way there is 30 minutes difference between mine and my wife's interview time. Are they going to have the interview separately or do they conduct the interview together? Anybody who already had the interview, please let me know.

Congrats SAVY!!! It was nice to know that Minneapolis Office is not taking a nap. BTW was sending letter to local office helpful:confused:l???

Ya it was helpful. They enquired about it and figured out that it is waiting for the interview slot. I even came to know about the interview date and time from them before the actual interview letter arrived. So I would suggest you to go for it if your case started taking longer than expected.

Finally the interview letter arrived today. Its scheduled for March 24.

By the way there is 30 minutes difference between mine and my wife's interview time. Are they going to have the interview separately or do they conduct the interview together? Anybody who already had the interview, please let me know.

Congrats SAVY!!! It was nice to know that Minneapolis Office is not taking a nap. BTW was sending letter to local office helpful:confused:l???

I sent my documents on the 31st January by USPS overnight express delivery and was received on the 1st Feb. The USPS tracking shows "Your item was delivered at 1:56 PM on February 1, 2008 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to INS 805887 . The item was signed for by V BUSTAMANTE".

My check is not cashed yet and no NOA as well.

Did anyone whose number was current in February sent AOS documents to USCIS at the same time? May I know your current status?

Hi paulcase,

I am new to this forum but I am exactly in your situation. I hope I will get some notice this week. If not I will make a call to their customer service.

CN: AS00006XXX
Jan: Medical check up completed
Jan: DV fee posted to DOS
Jan: Receipt received from DOS
Jan: I-485 package posted to Chicago lockbox
Feb 1st: Package delivered

Is it too late now to send the I485 ? is it faster to just do the process from abroad

Hi everyone,I am new here.

I did receive both letters from teh KCC & I sent my I485 application to the USCIS end of january, but I made a mistake with the fees : I sent the 1010 USD to the Departement of State, and no fee at all to the USCIS. I haven't received any response yet from USCIS, hence I guess it will be denied.
I am planning on sending again the I485 now, but I am very worried, is it too late ? I read that it takes at least 6 months to have the application processed (which would bring me beyond the Sept 30th date, then...)... Is that true ?
By the way my case number is 2008EUXXX and my number is current... Do I need to set u an interview or just submit the package to USCIS & wait to hear back from them ?
Thank you in advance, I am really desperate....

Hi yumboltd,

Assuming you can put the package together quickly, I would send the package again with the correct fees explaining your situation in the cover letter. You can probably get a copy of your medical exam in another sealed envelope. If you read through this very thread, you will see people getting their approval in around 3 months. But again, it depends on several factors like your documentation, local office, etc. not to leave "your luck" as one of those factors. From what I have heard, usually they give priority to DV cases especially towards the end of the fiscal year. So you might be ok.

If you have a local USCIS office, you could also take an infopass appointment and check with them if you could do something else other than sending a new packet waiting for USCIS to contact you or return your packet.

Btw, did you get the receipt for your DV fee from Dept of State? You are supposed to send $375 per person to Dept for State for DV fee. This is separate from the $1010 per person AOS fee.

--TP

Hi everyone,I am new here.

I did receive both letters from teh KCC & I sent my I485 application to the USCIS end of january, but I made a mistake with the fees : I sent the 1010 USD to the Departement of State, and no fee at all to the USCIS. I haven't received any response yet from USCIS, hence I guess it will be denied.
I am planning on sending again the I485 now, but I am very worried, is it too late ? I read that it takes at least 6 months to have the application processed (which would bring me beyond the Sept 30th date, then...)... Is that true ?
By the way my case number is 2008EUXXX and my number is current... Do I need to set u an interview or just submit the package to USCIS & wait to hear back from them ?
Thank you in advance, I am really desperate....

Hi Tp,
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I already have the medical check up package, i have everything ready I believe, except form I508 F (for French nationals), which I am trying to get a copy of ( it is not on the uscis website for some reason). Regarding hte affidavit, a USCIS cust rep told me I did not need to provide one.
Actually i sent money to the DS, but I sent too much (1010 times 2, since it is for me & my wife), instead of 750 $... They already cashed the money orders and now I am trying to figure out how to get the money back, and if possible only the delta. This is what i am doing with the DS... I havent received any receipt from the DS yet.

Hi Tp,
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I already have the medical check up package, i have everything ready I believe, except form I508 F (for French nationals), which I am trying to get a copy of ( it is not on the uscis website for some reason). Regarding hte affidavit, a USCIS cust rep told me I did not need to provide one.
Actually i sent money to the DS, but I sent too much (1010 times 2, since it is for me & my wife), instead of 750 $... They already cashed the money orders and now I am trying to figure out how to get the money back, and if possible only the delta. This is what i am doing with the DS... I havent received any receipt from the DS yet.

Man, thats a huge mistake that would cost u more than $2000. i hope u get a refund thou

Hi Himal2008,
which country you are from? I am asking coz it may be country specific.

anyone else sent document delivered on 1st February?
is your check cashed or not?

im really confused, everytime i talk to somebody at USCIS they tell me something different from one person to the next, it's amazing...
This morning I could talk to an immigration officer, and he said that the I485 based on a DV08 are processed no differently than 'regular' ones, and hte leadtime now is between 10 to 12 months :eek::eek:
So I think I am going to notify the KCC that instead of adjusting status I will apply from abroad. I need to resent the DS 230 and DSP 122, but it looks like it will be faster...

im really confused, everytime i talk to somebody at USCIS they tell me something different from one person to the next, it's amazing...
This morning I could talk to an immigration officer, and he said that the I485 based on a DV08 are processed no differently than 'regular' ones, and hte leadtime now is between 10 to 12 months :eek::eek:
So I think I am going to notify the KCC that instead of adjusting status I will apply from abroad. I need to resent the DS 230 and DSP 122, but it looks like it will be faster...

The lady u spoke to told u wrong. i guess she dosen't know about the sun down provisions.

Yum - its unfortunate, but this happens sometimes. If you have a dual intent visa, or are happy taking the risk with a non-immigrant visa, going to your home country is the very best option. Another option would be to do what Ruxy has done and write to your local congressman and senator - it seemed to work (Ruxy can fill you in on the timeline I am sure).

Which office is your local office, and what stage in the process are you at?

I didn't write to any congressman, everything went smooth for us and it took only 2.5 months Dec08-Febr 28. I think savy17 did that...
yumboltd, your situation got complicated because of the fees. I don't know what you can do now...maybe contact an immigration lawyer that can talk directly with KCC, get your money back and send the correct fee to USCIS. I think the AoS process is tricky, it can be fast or very slow, one never knows...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone;

I just registered the forum. It is very helpful, thanks everyone for their contributions.

I won the DV-lottery. My case number became active in January, and I sent the documents on January 1st. Then, I have received the Noticeof Action forms with the fingeroprint appointment. Last week my biometrics was done, and yesterday I have receiven my EAD card.

I will have some questions.

1-) I am a university student, my status is F1. Since I have the EAD card, can I terminate my university (lose my F1 status) and work in a job? Or, do I have to be a student until my interview? If I terminate my university, and start working, can it be a problem at the interview?

2-) After sending my documents on January 1st, I have finished my MS program, and have received my MS diploma. Do I need to notify the immigration office about my new diploma? Also, I have received my W2 forms (I am a graduate asistant at the university) for 2007, after sending my documents. Do I need to notify the immigration office about this?

3-) Can I work at any kind of job with my EAD card? Or does it have to be related to my major?

4-) The expiration date on the EAD card is 1 year. But, I think the card will be invalid after my interview. Am I right?

Again, thanks a lot to everyone for their help.