• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Interview letter on its way..........

Got a call from local congressman office saying that St. Paul Office has sent my interview letter on Feb 26 and the interview is scheduled for March 24. Finally interview letter is arriving. Thats a relief and thanks stressedstudent for the suggestion to write to Senator/Congressman regarding my case.
Eagerly waiting for the interview letter to arrive..........

-------------------
10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done
10/24/07 - EAD card proceesing started
11/2/07 - EAD card approved
11/8/07 - Received EAD card in mail
- Waiting for Interview call

Got a call from local congressman office saying that St. Paul Office has sent my interview letter on Feb 26 and the interview is scheduled for March 24. Finally interview letter is arriving. Thats a relief and thanks stressedstudent for the suggestion to write to Senator/Congressman regarding my case.

-------------------
10/10/07 - Check cashed

CONGRATULATIONS

-------------------
10/10/07 - Check cashed

hey can u send me a copy of ur letter to ur congressman if you don't mind. Am trying to gather as much info as i can incase i need to contact my congressman at any point in time.Thanks

-------------------
10/10/07 - Check cashed

FABULOUS! I am so glad you wrote the letter and that something has come from it. YAY!

I don't even know how to describe what I feel...we're done...the interview was good, we got our passport stamped and the officer said the gc will arrive in a few days...the whole process was short for us, we applied on Dec 8 and on Feb 28 we got the cards...I guess we're lucky :p I wish that all of you here on this forum to have a smooth journey as we did...If I can help anyone, please let me know, I'll log in here once in a while...
About the interview: the officer said she approved the case before we arrived there because the file looked good for her, but she asked a few questions like full names, phone numbers and ss number for each of us. That was it in terms of questions.
I want to thank everyone here, all of you were very helpful and made me feel confident when I forgot how to do that. Thank you again!!

I don't even know how to describe what I feel...we're done...the interview was good, we got our passport stamped and the officer said the gc will arrive in a few days...the whole process was short for us, we applied on Dec 8 and on Feb 28 we got the cards...I guess we're lucky :p I wish that all of you here on this forum to have a smooth journey as we did...If I can help anyone, please let me know, I'll log in here once in a while...
About the interview: the officer said she approved the case before we arrived there because the file looked good for her, but she asked a few questions like full names, phone numbers and ss number for each of us. That was it in terms of questions.
I want to thank everyone here, all of you were very helpful and made me feel confident when I forgot how to do that. Thank you again!!

CONGRATULATIONS, RUXY !! :)

It's very good to hear that everything went smooth. I feel like I should be thanking you for creating this thread of discussion which truly helps a lot of people. :) ... So, ... thank you, ruxy !

Enjoy your DV win !

YEEEHAAAWWW!!! Many many many congratualtions!

Congratulations ruxy! and thank you for your invaluable inputs in the forum

Well done Ruxy! Congratulations!
And let me join everybody in this thread and Thank you for your input.

Hopefully I'll hear something good too tomorrow at infopass :)

Congrats ruxy! Very encouraging news for those of us who are still in the pipeline.

Congratulation Ruxy

Finally the interview letter arrived today. Its scheduled for March 24.

By the way there is 30 minutes difference between mine and my wife's interview time. Are they going to have the interview separately or do they conduct the interview together? Anybody who already had the interview, please let me know.

-------------------
10/10/07 - Check cashed
3/24/08 - Interview

savy17, most probably it will be the same interview for both of you together. there are typos also on these letters (our interview was scheduled for Fri, Feb 28 which is also a typo). but you guys go together anyway since you're both scheduled for the same day. I hope your interview will be a formality as it was for us today.
good luck!

Guys I’m getting nervous before my interview date, and I don’t know if my NC is clear. Also, I have one question. Do they usually stamp the passport when someone gets approve?

hey, don't be nervous. U'll be just fine just like everyone else in here. I think they do stamp the passport if its approved and NC has cleared. hey, u'll be just fine.

Guys I’m getting nervous before my interview date, and I don’t know if my NC is clear. Also, I have one question. Do they usually stamp the passport when someone gets approve?

They did not stamp my passport - there is a new policy to not stamp (Savy was lucky!!).