• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2007 -CP Holding Visa

stuart

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone tell me if you have CP interview and if a document was missing such as Police Certificate then what happens with you case.

i have read somewhere that they will hold your case until the end of that month. Is this true? So in other words if you get it to them then u will receive visa?

What about if you cant get it by end of month and they get it next month. How much delay you looking at then.

My interview will be in March. I dont understand how the Visa number works once Consular returns your number to them at the end of the month asi very likely wont be able to provide police cert from another country

Do you get another Visa number the following month or what determines how you get another number and how soon

i have read somewhere that they will hold your case until the end of that month. Is this true? So in other words if you get it to them then u will receive visa?

Yes. If you bring the required docs in later, and the visa numbers are still available for your country, then you will get the visa.

Thanks Lucy,

Do you or anyone know how does the Visa Numbers work after they have been sent back to KCC at the end of the month you were current in. I have very good chance of missing out on my Police Cert in time for my interview in Feb. After Feb What determines KCC giving another number to me??

Is it giving unused numbers from Say March back to people who missed out in Feb. i.e unused Numbers from March get allocated to Feb people? Or do they give case numbers as soon as Consulate requests for one...So if i miss out in Feb and say Consulate gets Police Cert in March and requests number from KCC, will KCC give a number current for April...meaning i dont go back in the line of numbers but just join others who are current for April????..Is this how it works

Also do people who do AOS in US or even CP where FBI checks are pending and hence their case is waiting - do they also go this same process where their case numbers are returned to KCC and when FBI checks come thru then Consulate requests for another number from KCC? Or is their case is on hold with Visa/Case number reserved just waiting for FBI checks?

I have read experiences of AOS where some of them wait weeks/months for FBI checks. And if they go thru same process then if you are having early interview say in Feb/March/April of the fiscal year then even with delay of docs by a month you still are virtually guranteed Visa..Would this be correct