• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners of Sri Lanka, pls. write any questions here

Hi

My husband is a DV2010 winner. We are in USA and hope to do AOS. As the high school diploma, he needs to provide the A/L certificate given by the school or the A/L certificate taken by the Examinations Department?
(Please specify whether it is Sri Lankan A/L or O/L certificate which is equivalent to the high school diploma)

My husband is a DV2010 winner. We are in USA and hope to do AOS. As the high school diploma, he needs to provide the A/L certificate given by the school or the A/L certificate taken by the Examinations Department?
(Please specify whether it is Sri Lankan A/L or O/L certificate which is equivalent to the high school diploma)

Sri lankan O/L certificate is equivalent to Highschool diploma.They ask for G.C.E. O/L if you have A/L you take that also, when u do CP they tell us to goto the Examination department and reqeuest o/l results and we must tell them it's for Green Card lottery then the Deparment give us a card(not the results) again we hav to go the embassy and hand over that card to them, and then they(embassy guys) go and collect the results form the Examination department.i think u hav to collect the results from exam deparment when u do AOS.u better check it from the embassy
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
minimum qualifications in sri lanka

What are the minimum qualification for green card in sri lanka. Any six subjects in GCE(O/L) or is there any special subjects and also any means with credits or ordinary passes

hi fery

Thanks for the information. As you said the minimum qualification is 6 GCE(O/L) subjects including maths and sinhala/tamil. I found it later in the emabssy website also. thanks for your information also

Could you please advice on the following

What will happen if I have entered my daughter's name(who was over 21 at that time) in the intial entry by mistake supposing all the members to be included.

But KCC has sent me 3 forms for me , my son and my wife(without my daughter) and I sent back only three forms (without my daughter).

Will it be a problem for my visa processing

Could you please advice on the following

What will happen if I have entered my daughter's name(who was over 21 at that time) in the intial entry by mistake supposing all the members to be included.

But KCC has sent me 3 forms for me , my son and my wife(without my daughter) and I sent back only three forms (without my daughter).

Will it be a problem for my visa processing

KCC sent you only 3 forms so i dont think that would be a problem to you, fill the DS230 correctly.if the consuler officer ask about this in the interview u tell him it was a mistake,

Employee Provident Fund (EPF) balance as an asset

Can I show my EPF balance as an asset during the interview which can be withdrawn within 2 weeks if visa is approved.

The money is available in Central Bank in my name and can be withdrawn either

- At the retirement at age 55 or

- When migrating to another country on permenant visa

- When leaving service on a permenant disability

and many other reasons

Can I show my EPF balance as an asset during the interview which can be withdrawn within 2 weeks if visa is approved.

The money is available in Central Bank in my name and can be withdrawn either

- At the retirement at age 55 or

- When migrating to another country on permenant visa

- When leaving service on a permenant disability

and many other reasons

All u need is a letter from a US Citizen saying he will take care of you until u settle down in USA (Sponcer Letter) other than that, no need to show any money to the US embassy in Sri Lanka.

Thank you very much Fery for your answer. The US embassy sent me a checklist and it conforms what you say also. I have one more problem about the originals of birth certificates.

I have my original birth certifcate as well as the slip issued by the hospital.

But my son and wife don't have the originals and having the certificates issued by the Divisionla secretariet in Colombo.

But US embassy says "CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES FROM REGISTRAR’S OFFICE OF BIRTH / MARRIAGE/ DEATH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS ORIGINALS."

Please advice me on this

Thank you very much Fery for your answer. The US embassy sent me a checklist and it conforms what you say also. I have one more problem about the originals of birth certificates.

I have my original birth certifcate as well as the slip issued by the hospital.

But my son and wife don't have the originals and having the certificates issued by the Divisionla secretariet in Colombo.

But US embassy says "CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES FROM REGISTRAR’S OFFICE OF BIRTH / MARRIAGE/ DEATH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS ORIGINALS."

Please advice me on this
Take your wife's original school leaving certificate they accept it if you dont have original Birth Certificate.check your son's original BC at his school it may available there.how old is our son? if he already left the school u can take his Leaving certificate and provide it to the embassy.

HI all I am from georgia tbilisi
my case number is EU00005XXX, .I am waiting for second NL. I am bit nervous about Green card interview. I am a student. can anyone write what questions are the consular asking? thanks

need opinion for dv winner 2010

I am Sri Lankan who won dv 2010.
and I already submitted my completed documents which were sent by kcc with winning notifications. now I am looking forward until the second notification is received.

I put a one of my relation's name, address with telephone number who is resident in USA as a sponsor for me in those documents which I have already sent to KCC. But now he is going to change his home.
1). Normally does kcc call to this relation to confirm my details?
2). How can I change sponsor's details(address and telephone no)? Because I have already sent the documents to KCC.

3). I need to get my original birth certificate. From where can I get my original birth certificate in Sri Lanka? ( I guess Sri Lankan may help for this)

I am Sri Lankan who won dv 2010.
and I already submitted my completed documents which were sent by kcc with winning notifications. now I am looking forward until the second notification is received.

I put a one of my relation's name, address with telephone number who is resident in USA as a sponsor for me in those documents which I have already sent to KCC. But now he is going to change his home.
1). Normally does kcc call to this relation to confirm my details?
2). How can I change sponsor's details(address and telephone no)? Because I have already sent the documents to KCC.

3). I need to get my original birth certificate. From where can I get my original birth certificate in Sri Lanka? ( I guess Sri Lankan may help for this)

Obtaining a sponcer letter for DV Visa

I recently checked my DV 2012 application statues and i have been selected for furthur processing but after going through the website of US embassy ,colombo I got to know that i need a sponcer letter from someone from the US in adition to all other documents which are need to be submitted to the embassy in colombo :confused:.

Could someone please advice me a little about this letter . is it possible to get one from a tempory resident of the US who's well employed to issue me with this letter or is it a must for the sponcer to be a citizen of the US ???

I have few friends over there but none of them havent become citizens yet . seems like I'm going to be in trouble :(

Hi Fery ?
Is it alright if i get this "sponcer letter" thing from a tempory resident ( a well employed 1) lives there in US ???

I recently checked my DV 2012 application statues and i have been selected for furthur processing but after going through the website of US embassy ,colombo I got to know that i need a sponcer letter from someone from the US in adition to all other documents which are need to be submitted to the embassy in colombo :confused:.

Could someone please advice me a little about this letter . is it possible to get one from a tempory resident of the US who's well employed to issue me with this letter or is it a must for the sponcer to be a citizen of the US ???

I have few friends over there but none of them havent become citizens yet . seems like I'm going to be in trouble :(

Get on board the 2011 SL forum and you will get more info.
Read ALL pages, and you will see almost all what you need to know to prepare for the intvw.

Best!

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?315489-DV-2011-winners-from-SRILANKA-Report-here

Help me

Hi Dear Sri Lankan who are winning DV Lottery!

congrats all of you !

I'm KPKumar DV winner of 2007, now i'm in USA, I got my Green Card middle of December. I like to guide those who are seeking help on this regard.

pls. write any question regarding DV, I'll try to give the solution.

Thank you

Bye

KPKumar

I have been randomly selected for DV lottery 2014 I sent my visa application ( DSP-122, Form DS-230, Part I and II ) by postal mail but i had five mistake in my spouse mother's and father names and Birth palace. now i want to correct that mistakes i want to know how can i do it

please be kind to sent me a reply

chani

I have been randomly selected for DV lottery 2014 I sent my visa application ( DSP-122, Form DS-230, Part I and II ) by postal mail but i had five mistake in my spouse mother's and father names and Birth palace. now i want to correct that mistakes i want to know how can i do it

please be kind to sent me a reply

chani

You can send a corrected form(s) by email or postal. The email address is on your selectee letter.