• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winner: GC without an interview

saurav110

FOR AOS: Is it possible to get GC mailed to you without having an interview after your biometrics? I heard that it's possible if you send all your documents without any errors.

Is that true??
Need more thoughts!

On one of my info-passes, prior to interview, the officer told me that sometimes they don't do an interview if the reviewing officer decides not to, but I've not heard of anyone yet that has received their green card without an interview (plus there are various other forms to sign at the Interview so not sure how they get around that).

orlandovillas, we did not sign any documents at the interview; what documents did you sign there? We are still waiting for post interview verification, which is, as far as I have learned, a procedure in some field offices and ours is one of them to have post interview reverification before the approval. But during the interview, we weren't asked to sign anything. If fact, we were not asked to show any documents at all.

I think the moral of the story is that every office is different and every officer is different. I have read about someone on this board from a couple of years ago being approved without an interview, but we were not and everything was well-prepared (i.e. all documents were in order). Our officer looked at all kinds of things we didn't expect like a wedding pic, and our old passports.

I'm not even sure what we signed now - it was a sheet of paper each confirming our name, address, DoB etc. Maybe I signed my house over to the immigration officer :eek:

Like you, we also weren't asked to show any documents (other that passports). Disappointing after all the time we spent getting all sort of info ready, just in case ;-)

orlandovillas, we did not sign any documents at the interview; what documents did you sign there? We are still waiting for post interview verification, which is, as far as I have learned, a procedure in some field offices and ours is one of them to have post interview reverification before the approval. But during the interview, we weren't asked to sign anything. If fact, we were not asked to show any documents at all.