• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV visa via CP in Ankara

Reza2006

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I'm one of the primary winners of the DV'2007 program from Iran who passed the interview at Ankara in March, successfully. I returned to my home country and after waiting for the Security Clearance process, its result comes and I can go to the embassy again to get the visa any day. But I cannot do this now because I cannot exit the country, temporarily until early days of September 2007.
I would like to know that whether my visa kept reserved until I can travel and get my immigrant visa before the deadline (September 30, 2007) or not? Is it possible all the DV visa numbers used and I cannot get my visa until those days? This is due to the fact that a limited number of visa numbers were dedicated to the DV program (around 50,000). I'm worried about this matter and I will be grateful if you give me any information regarding such a DV procedure.

Thanks.

Agha Rezaye Aziz

As much as i know they never ever keep ur visa and there is no garantee that u will get the visa during september i mean the visas may or may not finished in sep.
so if i were u i do my best to go to ankara even for 2 days, u must never ever lose or geopardize ur chance of getting the key of heaven(the land of golden opportunities).
all of us are praying day by day to get our FBI Check and u have it but don't want to (can't) get it?:eek::confused:
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends,

... I would like to know that whether my visa kept reserved until I can travel and get my immigrant visa before the deadline (September 30, 2007) or not? Is it possible all the DV visa numbers used and I cannot get my visa until those days? This is due to the fact that a limited number of visa numbers were dedicated to the DV program (around 50,000). I'm worried about this matter and I will be grateful if you give me any information regarding such a DV procedure.

Thanks.
The best way is to send an email to the US embassy in Ankara and ask them about your case. Try to write your question clearly; otherwise their response will be vague too.

Good Luck

Dear friends,

I'm one of the primary winners of the DV'2007 program from Iran who passed the interview at Ankara in March, successfully. I returned to my home country and after waiting for the Security Clearance process, its result comes and I can go to the embassy again to get the visa any day. But I cannot do this now because I cannot exit the country, temporarily until early days of September 2007.
I would like to know that whether my visa kept reserved until I can travel and get my immigrant visa before the deadline (September 30, 2007) or not? Is it possible all the DV visa numbers used and I cannot get my visa until those days? This is due to the fact that a limited number of visa numbers were dedicated to the DV program (around 50,000). I'm worried about this matter and I will be grateful if you give me any information regarding such a DV procedure.

Thanks.

Congratulation. So YOU are 3851 such a lucky person. Don't lose the time. Go back to ankara and get your visa. If you pay about 5 milyun toman for the government they let u go out and then after comming back they give back you the whole money.
best wishes 4 u
Erfan

Erfan, a person who has not done his military service in Iran should pay 15 million to be able to temporarily go out of the country. Nonetheless, maybe Reza's reason for not being able to go out of the county is not military service.

Erfan, a person who has not done his military service in Iran should pay 15 million to be able to temporarily go out of the country. Nonetheless, maybe Reza's reason for not being able to go out of the county is not military service.

dear pscl

I didn't know it is 15 million I thought it is 5 million, but it makes no difference because they are going to pay back u the money. I am talking about military service because Reza has said this reason in his first post "Beacuse I'm currently in obligated military service, I have not permission to go out of the country, until 24 August 2007"

Reza jan Salam

How did u go for interview then,can't u go 4 visa the same way too?:confused:
if u can explain more about ur problem,maybe Iranian friends here can help u in a way.
hope u can find a way soon
good luck

Dear friends,

Thank you for your replies, but please let us focus on the subject in order to learn more about the DV procedure and help each other to plan our cases.
For your information and consciousness, I can say that I'm doing the obligatory military service, now, but I will finish it on late days of August. I tried so much to attend in interview and my best effort just resulted in getting a permission to exit the country for once in a year. Therefore I cannot exit again before September. OK?!
Regarding the DV visa procedure, I heard that when you were scheduled for interview a Visa number was sent to the consulate along with your file and when you pass the interview successfully the visa number kept in the consulate for further administrative processing (FBI check) to be done and If you fail the interview the visa number returned. So, I guess when you pass the interview successfully and even your Security Clearance result be ready, the visa number will be reserved until the end of the DV program (30 September) until you go to the embassy and pick it up. HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE!
What's your idea in this regard?
Could one of yours ask this matter from Ankara embassy and let us know their response? ( Please note that ask as a GENERAL question and NOT related to any specific case or on behalf of me!)

Reza, I can't agree with you about the reservation of visa. However, I am not sure either. The point is statistical figures from the past 5 years show that during none of these years the number of visas issued in DV category went beyond 49000. More specifically, according to official announcements the number of DV visas issued in 2002-2006 are 41197, 48085, 45849, 46099, and 44349 correspondingly.

If I were you, I would send an email to the embassy and ask whether I could postpone picking up my visa. Don't worry about the question. This is a simple question that anybody who is busy in a period of time might have.

I'd inquire whether you could supply the embassy with a prepaid Express mail envelope and whether they could simply send the passport to you. It actually works in some countries that way - the embassy sends the passports with visas via DHL.

Reza, I can't agree with you about the reservation of visa. However, I am not sure either. The point is statistical figures from the past 5 years show that during none of these years the number of visas issued in DV category went beyond 49000. More specifically, according to official announcements the number of DV visas issued in 2002-2006 are 41197, 48085, 45849, 46099, and 44349 correspondingly.

If I were you, I would send an email to the embassy and ask whether I could postpone picking up my visa. Don't worry about the question. This is a simple question that anybody who is busy in a period of time might have.

Dear pscl,

It's obvious that you can pick up your visa before the deadline (30 Sept.) if your security clearance be ready and not expired. But I'm worried about existing any visa for issuance on the days near the deadline!
According to your statistics, it seems not all (50,000) available visas for DV program weren't issued in the previous years. So, this is a good news that probably some visa numbers will not be used until the deadline this year, too, isn't it?!

I'd inquire whether you could supply the embassy with a prepaid Express mail envelope and whether they could simply send the passport to you. It actually works in some countries that way - the embassy sends the passports with visas via DHL.

I don't think this works for Iran. If this be true, it's so wonderful! Does anybody else know whether this works for Iran and/or Iranian applicants?!!
As I know and according to the Ankara embassy website one of the visa applicants MUST be appear to get the visas!
An other alternative can be giving your passport to another person such as your brother, father or even a trusted friend in order that he/she can travel and give your passport to the embassy on behalf of you and return with stamped one with visa. But I don't think this works too!

Dear pscl,

It's obvious that you can pick up your visa before the deadline (30 Sept.) if your security clearance be ready and not expired. But I'm worried about existing any visa for issuance on the days near the deadline!
According to your statistics, it seems not all (50,000) available visas for DV program weren't issued in the previous years. So, this is a good news that probably some visa numbers will not be used until the deadline this year, too, isn't it?!
The statistical figures say that there is the probability.

Dear Reza2006
When we were in ankara there were some housekeeper ladies that their FBI check had came back really soon and the most important question that our interview officer asked was about our job that if we work in governmental or private company. I would like to ask u that have u ever worked before? If yes, was it in governmental or private sector?
best wishes 4 u

Dear Reza2006

As far as I know the "unused" visa numbers related to each specific month are returned back to State Department by the consulates at the end of the corresponding month. So visa numbers are NOT reserved. Therefore as long as we approach the DV deadline, the risk of lack of visa numbers increases.

However looking into the paste of visa issuance for Iranian DV winners from October 2006 till now, you will notice that the level of the a/m risk is not so high due to the fact that many many Iranians are waiting for their security clearance and there have been a lot of unused visa numbers. I doubt if 300 visa numbers have been used for Iranians so far!

Finally only you or any member of your family who is accompanying you in the DV progam must go to the Embassy to get the visa.

In any case the best way is to ask directly from the Embassy.

Dear Reza2006
When we were in ankara there were some housekeeper ladies that their FBI check had came back really soon and the most important question that our interview officer asked was about our job that if we work in governmental or private company. I would like to ask u that have u ever worked before? If yes, was it in governmental or private sector?
best wishes 4 u

(Sorry for pinglish!) Daste shoma dard nakone agha erfan!!! dige maro ba housekeeper ladies moghayese mikoni!!?
For your information I can say that I had more than 3 years work experience even in a governmental organization!!! In addition, as I told you, I am in military service condition now which means even more sensitive situation, as you think, too.
Also, if your theory works well everybody can don't tell them that he/she works before in order to get the visa soon!
Anyway, I just want to answer your question.

Dear Reza2006

As far as I know the "unused" visa numbers related to each specific month are returned back to State Department by the consulates at the end of the corresponding month. So visa numbers are NOT reserved. Therefore as long as we approach the DV deadline, the risk of lack of visa numbers increases.

However looking into the paste of visa issuance for Iranian DV winners from October 2006 till now, you will notice that the level of the a/m risk is not so high due to the fact that many many Iranians are waiting for their security clearance and there have been a lot of unused visa numbers. I doubt if 300 visa numbers have been used for Iranians so far!

Finally only you or any member of your family who is accompanying you in the DV progam must go to the Embassy to get the visa.

In any case the best way is to ask directly from the Embassy.

Dear Mr. matinfar,
Do you mean the "unused" visas are the visas not issued even with the successful interview? But it's illogical that some countries which do not need "Administrative processing" get their visas on the interview day and others even after waiting for that process cannot get visa before the deadline!
I will ask the case from the U.S. embassy at Ankara, but I would like to know some information in this regard and then contact them.

(Sorry for pinglish!) Daste shoma dard nakone agha erfan!!! dige maro ba housekeeper ladies moghayese mikoni!!?
For your information I can say that I had more than 3 years work experience even in a governmental organization!!! In addition, as I told you, I am in military service condition now which means even more sensitive situation, as you think, too.
Also, if your theory works well everybody can don't tell them that he/she works before in order to get the visa soon!
Anyway, I just want to answer your question.

(Again sorry for pinglish!) daste shoma dard nakone reza khanom. (in be khatere inke dige be man agha erfan nagid va bebinid bebinid vaghti be man migid agha erfan che hali misham) vallah bellah erfan sale 1360 esme dokhtar bud alan dige in pesara umadan esmamunam azamun migiran.:( Hala in be jahannam mage houskeeper lady cheshe? :mad:
(just kidding) ;) As u said u have worked in governmental organization then u are such a lucky person that your FBI check came within 1 month. lucky u (Torkha migan: Sagh aliz bizim bashimiza.) I had thought about my theory but as it is a lie if they know that they may ignore your case because of your lie. and also after getting GC you will lose your work experience so it is not a good idea to tell this lie to them just because of getting the visa soon. And your case shows that the theory does not work really well.
anyhow good luck and wish us well.

Dear friends,

Thank you for your replies, but please let us focus on the subject in order to learn more about the DV procedure and help each other to plan our cases.
For your information and consciousness, I can say that I'm doing the obligatory military service, now, but I will finish it on late days of August. I tried so much to attend in interview and my best effort just resulted in getting a permission to exit the country for once in a year. Therefore I cannot exit again before September. OK?!
Regarding the DV visa procedure, I heard that when you were scheduled for interview a Visa number was sent to the consulate along with your file and when you pass the interview successfully the visa number kept in the consulate for further administrative processing (FBI check) to be done and If you fail the interview the visa number returned. So, I guess when you pass the interview successfully and even your Security Clearance result be ready, the visa number will be reserved until the end of the DV program (30 September) until you go to the embassy and pick it up. HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE!
What's your idea in this regard?
Could one of yours ask this matter from Ankara embassy and let us know their response? ( Please note that ask as a GENERAL question and NOT related to any specific case or on behalf of me!)

I am so sorry about your situation , I just got the consular section number from ankara embassy ,I hope it would help you !
Immigrant visa section TEL: +90-312-4666100 fax:+90-312-468-6103
monday,Tuesday,wednesday,thursday 10:30-12:00

(Again sorry for pinglish!) daste shoma dard nakone reza khanom. (in be khatere inke dige be man agha erfan nagid va bebinid bebinid vaghti be man migid agha erfan che hali misham) vallah bellah erfan sale 1360 esme dokhtar bud alan dige in pesara umadan esmamunam azamun migiran.:( Hala in be jahannam mage houskeeper lady cheshe? :mad:
(just kidding) ;) As u said u have worked in governmental organization then u are such a lucky person that your FBI check came within 1 month. lucky u (Torkha migan: Sagh aliz bizim bashimiza.) I had thought about my theory but as it is a lie if they know that they may ignore your case because of your lie. and also after getting GC you will lose your work experience so it is not a good idea to tell this lie to them just because of getting the visa soon. And your case shows that the theory does not work really well.
anyhow good luck and wish us well.

(I have to write in pinsligh again, sorry!) Salaam erfan KHANOM! khoob shod?! vaghean ghasde badi nadashtam, nemidonestam erfan esme dkhtar ham hast. rastesho bekhayn pesar khalam esme pesaresho ke taze be donya oomade erfan gozashte bood fekr kardam ...! beharhal, sorry for any misunderstanding!
Would you please let me a bit about your case, please? When you were interviewed? Do you have governmental or private work experienced?
Best,