• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV or EB-3

moledude

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I've been with my company on H1B since 2006 and was fortunate enough to be sponsored for a GC. My priority date is sometime in February of 2007. The new visa bulletin for January 2013 says that for EB-3, the priority date cut-off is 02/01/2007. This means that my EB-3 application will probably become current in February of 2013 (fingers crossed). I also won the DV-2013 lottery but my number is in the 8000s for Asia. Here are my questions:

- If the February 2013 visa bulletin does cover my priority date, does that mean I can mail my I-485 overnight on 1/31/2013, so they get it on 2/1/2013?

- Is there any advantage of waiting for my DV-2013 to become current and get my GC that way instead of EB-3? Are the EB-3 and DV-2013 routes similar in terms of cost, difficulty and waiting/processing time? I can't imagine it would be worth it to wait especially since I don't know when my DV number will become current, but you never know.

I should add that I'll be doing AOS in the US either way.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: