• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv- lottery visa 2014

Nomz

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My fiancee applied for this lottery for the first time in 2004 and has been applying each year since then , we met in 2010 , then in 2012 he added me as his spouse on his application, no ceremony was done but he paid the bridal price then , the agent we applied through sent us 2 different confirmation numbers one for my husband and one for me but using the same usafis account number then my confirmation was picked in the lottery and our custom marriage is in the next 2 weeks meaning the marriage date on the marriage certificate from the government will be a recent date after the announcing of results , but he added me on his application in 2012, what proof would they need to show that we have been married traditionally (bridal price) and only getting the custom certificate now , do we have chances in getting this or there will be some complications , one good thing is we have the proof of when he added me to his application wont that be enough proof , and we have been travelling together for holidays our passports can prove that we have been together long before the lottery results were sent out and this marriage wont be a fake one , please advise how to go about this as we need to fill in application forms and send them through but dont know what date to write on the forms for marriage the date of when he paid the bridal price or should rather wait for the customery certificate and put in that date and send the forms , will appreciate your help and advices in this . :( we really stressing out

The old lottery entry won't be relevant at all - the traditional marriage may not have been accepted if you had won at that time, but that is history - no issue now.

For 2014, since it is only 2 weeks before you are "legally" married you should wait until then to submit the forms (the 122 and 230), so that at that time you will be married. The traditional marriage can be used to explain why you were on the DV entry, and whilst that wouldn't have been recognised as a marriage, they won't have an issue with that since you can (and will) have bee married by the time of the interview.

Stop stressing out, I don't think you have any problems....

go to another country

im planing to go for other country for studies next month. i sent first forms set to kcc, do i have to inform about this to kcc? will it effect my dv lottery chance? what do i do ?

im planing to go for other country for studies next month. i sent first forms set to kcc, do i have to inform about this to kcc? will it effect my dv lottery chance? what do i do ?

If you have already sent your forms to KCC, you can send another set with the new address. You can do CP in the new country if you like or go back to your home country.