• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery Re-draw Oct

The reason of a second draw (not a re-draw!) is that they kept aside 22000 visa of DV 2013 because in may 2012 the appeal was still pendant. Now the court took its decision and they need to grand those 22000 visa. That may also explain why numbers published on the visa bulletin are low.

The 22k was of DV2012 and does not play any roll to DV2013.The 22k is gone in july court decision.The court injunction was ruled in favor of DOS and not the plaintiff.

DOS does not transfer remaining visa alloted for a particular DV program to another fiscal year program.

50k visas is for a particular fiscal year program not for carry over to another fiscal year program even if remaining visas cos DOS has never exaulted out any 50k visas in a particular program.

22k is gone.We are now in DV2013/2014.

I got a scam email dated Sept 25,2012 from an on known agent claiming i won DV2012 indicating Dept of State logo.Can you guys imagin.

Hexa; said:
The odds of winning DV lottery at 1 out of 75 are actually quite good as far as lotteries go. The payoff of getting a better life in USA is in the millions of dollars in a lifetime (assuming $30,000 a year income and 40 years of life in USA). By comparison Indiana lottery pays a couple of dollars for its game with 1:53 odds.

Still, it is a lottery, and it's pure dumb luck. I have entered DV lottery off and on since I became aware of it back in 2000, back when they still used papers and envelopes. I didn't bother checking until June this year because this could very well be another losing year, so I was hugely (and pleasantly) surprised when the selection letter with that logo appeared on my PC. I had to read it three times to make sure it really means that we win.
Can't agree with you more. Same here. I started entering in the 90s. This year, I couldn't believe my eyes and have read the letter more than 10 times, cried, pinched myself and screamed on top of my lungs, I was esctatic at that moment... Sometimes, I still ask myself if this is a dream. IN HIS TIME! God knows the best time and best year for us. And I pray that all of us will get through the interview.
Can't agree with you more. Same here. I started entering in the 90s. This year, I couldn't believe my eyes and have read the letter more than 10 times, cried, pinched myself and screamed on top of my lungs, I was esctatic at that moment... Sometimes, I still ask myself if this is a dream. IN HIS TIME! God knows the best time and best year for us. And I pray that all of us will get through the interview.

Praise GOD for you guys. Am happy you have finally made it. Just started applying two years ago and have never really given up. Have been disappointed just twice. Was asking myself earlier this year whether it was a dream worth keeping around. But after reading you messages here i definitely want to wait my turn. In my time i want to head straight for newyork but still happy for you guys and am praying you pass your interviews so that the story is complete.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Chorus
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

II.
On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream

Chorus
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

III.
And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight and the gloom of the grave

Chorus
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

IV.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Bles't with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when1 our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

Chorus
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

lol maybe it came from you:p Nigeria is well known for internet scams.

Point of correction Kazore,i got this email in my spam box Sept 25,2012 that i won DV2012 and asking me to send them money via western union to a UK agent which i know is a scam.

So why painting the image of Nigeria black into this issue?
I can see that you are new in this forum and don't understand the rules of this forum.I guess i would not reply any bad commet to you but to live to the moderator or admin to take any drastic decision.This forum is all about sharing ideas,advises and to learn but not for using abusive words or to abuse others peoples commet.Be warn Kazore on the type of commet you post here in other not to get ban.
Best of luck to all those expecting a second draw result.

Point of correction Kazore.
I got this email in my spam box Sept 25,2012 that i won DV2012 and asking me to send them money via western union through a UK agent which i know is a scam.
I can see that you are new in this forum and do not understand the rules of this forum.I guess i would not reply any bad comment to you but to live it to the moderator or admin to take their drastic decisions.
This forum is all about sharing ideas,advises and to learn but not for using abusive words or to abuse others peoples comments.
Be warn Kazore on the type of comment you post here in other not to get ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Point of correction Kazore.
I got this email in my spam box Sept 25,2012 that i won DV2012 and asking me to send them money via western union through a UK agent which i know is a scam.
I can see that you are new in this forum and do not understand the rules of this forum.I guess i would not reply any bad comment to you but to live it to the moderator or admin to take their drastic decisions.
This forum is all about sharing ideas,advises and to learn but not for using abusive words or to abuse others peoples comments.
Be warn Kazore on the type of comment you post here in other not to get ban.

Easy, dear Schoolboy! I don't think Kazore was trying to be mean - I think s/he was just trying to be funny, and it failed. The "Nigerian Email Scam" is well-known throughout the world - so much that others (and those people are in other countries) are now copying it!

We all want the same thing here - and...it won't be too many hours until some of us are lucky!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US WHO DREAM!

Sukie

Win dv the ex-22k is a bye gone issue after all another redraw was conducted July 15 with newly winners for DV2012 even on a low turn out of returning winning forms for process.Visas has never been exaulted in a particular year program of DV.
As for the second redraw for DV2013 there will be more winners come Oct 22 but not on a selections cos its seems there are some hidden winners which were not announced May 1st.Don't KCC conducted a second redraw selections but some hidden winners which i guess.
If there won't be any second redraw by now KCC would had removed the word MAY BE or WILL BE from our status after all Oct 22 is the announcement date of the results so why still the word MAY BE or WILL BE on our status when Oct 22 is of three days time from now.Anything is still possible cos there have been low turn out of returning forms of winning applicants only few turning up and i guess DV2014 might just have a low submition of entries comparing to previous years with huge submition of entries.I don't hope on Oct 22.Plan B is always there waiting.
Entered DV2014:Oct 18.

Visas has never been exaulted in a particular year program of DV. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves...

Immigrant Number Use for Visa Issuances and Adjustments of Status in the Diversity Immigrant Category Fiscal Years 1995-2010

Fiscal year1995199619971998199920002001200220032004200520062007200820092010
Grand total55,05854,16255,02751,56554,11547,71545,45043,36850,81048,04448,15146,14540,07646,63348,03051,312

Visas has never been exaulted in a particular year program of DV. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves...

Immigrant Number Use for Visa Issuances and Adjustments of Status in the Diversity Immigrant Category Fiscal Years 1995-2010

Fiscal year1995199619971998199920002001200220032004200520062007200820092010
Grand total55,05854,16255,02751,56554,11547,71545,45043,36850,81048,04448,15146,14540,07646,63348,03051,312

@Obeezyb What is the point that you're trying to emphasize? Do you mean that they could issue more than 50,000 visas in a fiscal year? Is that what you mean?

Last edited by a moderator: