• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery - Overseas vs AOS selectees

Qewty

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

It's been a while since I have posted and I hope everyone is well and making the most of life :)

I was wondering, are statistics ever released of a breakdown of the successful DV Lottery entrants of those currently IN the US and who choose the AOS path vs those who currently live OUTSIDE of the US?

It would be an interesting statistic to know.

Warm wishes

Q

I do have a total of DV visas issued for the past few years. The numbers are shown as totals which include both Overseas Counsel processing and AOS in USA. The documents I have don't give any details about each category separately.

Grand Totals for DV visas issued for all Regions:

Year: Visas Issued
2001: 45,475
2002: 43,371
2003: 50,810
2004: 48,044
2005: 48,151
2006: 46,145
2007: 40,076
2008: 46,633
2009: 48,036
2010: 51,312

I do have a total of DV visas issued for the past few years. The numbers are shown as totals which include both Overseas Counsel processing and AOS in USA. The documents I have don't give any details about each category separately.

I think what Qewty meant was to see how many winners were already living in the US. It does seem like there's an awful lot of people selected who already live in the US and just do an AoS... I wondered about this myself too.

I think what Qewty meant was to see how many winners were already living in the US. It does seem like there's an awful lot of people selected who already live in the US and just do an AoS... I wondered about this myself too.

I really dont think that the DV-AOS cases are that many compared to DV-CP cases.

From my experience the number of DV-AOS cases is so small and a good indicator for that is the information given from each entity such as KCC, field offices, lawyers and others are so contradicting and confusing because they rarely get a chance to work on a DV case within USA...hence that almost 99% of DV cases are processed overseas with consulates and embassies.

Thank you

Hi, yes I did mean a break up of the those in compared to those still out of the US, but I thank you kindly for providing the numbers anyway, it's interesting still to see the totals (hi Jess!).

Ah, if only they had system that allowed an automatic redraw every year to ensure the visa's issued equalled 50,000. I look at 2007's total of not even 41,000 and think "hey, there are 9,000 people out there who would love to help you reach your goal of 50,000 visas!" lol

Warm wishes

Q

Yes for example in 2007 there were 9000 or more selectees who were waiting for those visas but for a reason or another (didnt get required documents, delayed followups, disqalification) these visas were expired at the end of Sep 30th and therefore nobody used them.

Keep in mind that every year the selected are over 100,000...but the actual available visas are 50,000...and yet in many years they seem to have left over visas still.

Hi, yes I did mean a break up of the those in compared to those still out of the US, but I thank you kindly for providing the numbers anyway, it's interesting still to see the totals (hi Jess!).

Ah, if only they had system that allowed an automatic redraw every year to ensure the visa's issued equalled 50,000. I look at 2007's total of not even 41,000 and think "hey, there are 9,000 people out there who would love to help you reach your goal of 50,000 visas!" lol

Warm wishes

Q

It's certainly interesting that it seems, from forum posts of late, that they are contacting people (who have not checked their status at all) to remind them to check (I suspect these people are successful, hence the reminder).

My initial thoughts on this are that KCC are really working had at ensuring those who are selected have all opportunity to take up the offer.

Perhaps this is part of the lead up process to determining whether or not a second draw will occur in October.

Just my thought :)

Q

I believe most of the selectees are out of USA
I am living in US for about 5 years and got selected last year in 2nd round
I am happy I finally decided to go for CP instead of AOS processing...
If I went for AOS, probably I am still waiting for the interview now.

I have to admit I don't read very much about AOS as I am still in Aust., but from the little I have read there certainly seems to be time issues in the processing.

If we return to the US under a different visa (E3 for example) and are successful in the lottery, I would choose CP over AOS.

Q