• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Dear All,

My husband sputum culture test result is negative. God what can i say.... no word. Health is first. We will continue our process next week.

thanks

Glory to the almighty God,he has started your success journey and so he will finish it.now it is time to focus on your interview questions and your child's name problem.God be with you in your interview.

Dear brothers,

we get our visa today. without a single question (no question on my daughter name) or other questions. Dear brothers, today i have got a lesson, to assist peoples as possible as i can. you(the member of this forum) are engaged and spending your time on assisting me and others the only thing (words) to say you is that God bless u. Dear Fikalab and Gingerr, i pray your interview to be smooth and successful. Dear Libora2 thanks for every advise you gave to me. God be with us. thanks.

Dear brothers,

we get our visa today. without a single question (no question on my daughter name) or other questions. Dear brothers, today i have got a lesson, to assist peoples as possible as i can. you(the member of this forum) are engaged and spending your time on assisting me and others the only thing (words) to say you is that God bless u. Dear Fikalab and Gingerr, i pray your interview to be smooth and successful. Dear Libora2 thanks for every advise you gave to me. God be with us. thanks.

Dear Helen,
Oh,what a huge relief for you and for your family,a big Thanks to the almighty God for what he has done to you and to your family too.i think your interview became so easy coz u have child,as for me we dont have child so i am expecting some difficult questions.would u please share some others interview experiences in the embassy if u have seen while u have been there.i heard that those Officers in addis ababa are changed with the new ones b4 two weeks so what u have seen in there recently will help us.dont also forget to pray for me and for Ginger as well,May the bless of God be with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news and all things moving together,
Congrats Helen for you and your family.

now is time to plan your journey to start life in a new place.
fekalab, it is always good to have your interview @your own home country, so CO have ideas about any doc you provide,
because they are close to the system and besides DV/immigrant visa is a document based process, if you provide all the docs,
you will be a success without any complications.

Dear brothers,

Dear Helen,
Oh,what a huge relief for you and for your family,a big Thanks to the almighty God for what he has done to you and to your family too.i think your interview became so easy coz u have child,as for me we dont have child so i am expecting some difficult questions.would u please share some others interview experiences in the embassy if u have seen while u have been there.i heard that those Officers in addis ababa are changed with the new ones b4 two weeks so what u have seen in there recently will help us.dont also forget to pray for me and for Ginger as well,May the bless of God be with us.

Hi Fikalab,

What I saw on my interview date, every body who came with DV case got their visa with a maximum of 3 minutes of interview. After you give your documents to one of the windows, and it is evaluated and verified. you will return in the afternoon I think everything is finished during the morning. Regarding the interview, almost all CO's can speak Amharic, they make you life easy and very charming and easy to talk peoples, I thought the CO's are there to reconcile your photo with the document. Be confident, with God, for sure you will be successful. Also I will continue my praying. God be with us.

Dear Helen,

Hi Fikalab,

What I saw on my interview date, every body who came with DV case got their visa with a maximum of 3 minutes of interview. After you give your documents to one of the windows, and it is evaluated and verified. you will return in the afternoon I think everything is finished during the morning. Regarding the interview, almost all CO's can speak Amharic, they make you life easy and very charming and easy to talk peoples, I thought the CO's are there to reconcile your photo with the document. Be confident, with God, for sure you will be successful. Also I will continue my praying. God be with us.

Hi Fikalab,

Hi Helen,
Thanks for your response,it is very good news to hear that the new COs are also as good as the former ones,but i have a question for u,r u saying that whether the applicants are couple or single they had not questioned intensively? i mean i heard that if the applicant is single it is very simple but if the applicants are couple and have no child there are lots of questions,in your interview date have u seen couples' interview experiences? and the other question is is the payment in the morning or afternoon?.May God be with us.

Hi Helen,
Thanks for your response,it is very good news to hear that the new COs are also as good as the former ones,but i have a question for u,r u saying that whether the applicants are couple or single they had not questioned intensively? i mean i heard that if the applicant is single it is very simple but if the applicants are couple and have no child there are lots of questions,in your interview date have u seen couples' interview experiences? and the other question is is the payment in the morning or afternoon?.May God be with us.

Hi Fikalab,

in my case, as u know I saw two interviews, the former is when I entered on my actual appointment day, the other is the one I received my visa after my husband medical result. On both days, there were no couples, but many singles and married with children, the payment was in the afternoon first only for the applicant then after the approval of the CO, you will pay for the beneficiary. As I said before, the process of verification and examining documents is I think more than 95% of the Visa process that is why I said everything is finalized in the morning. I think the department which verify the document if they get hesitation on the documents, they lead to the CO to ask further question and make further investigation to the applicants during the interview. With God you will be successful in your interview. God be with us.

Hi Fikalab,

in my case, as u know I saw two interviews, the former is when I entered on my actual appointment day, the other is the one I received my visa after my husband medical result. On both days, there were no couples, but many singles and married with children, the payment was in the afternoon first only for the applicant then after the approval of the CO, you will pay for the beneficiary. As I said before, the process of verification and examining documents is I think more than 95% of the Visa process that is why I said everything is finalized in the morning. I think the department which verify the document if they get hesitation on the documents, they lead to the CO to ask further question and make further investigation to the applicants during the interview. With God you will be successful in your interview. God be with us.

Thank you so much Helen for your prompt answer,i believe things are gonna be good with the help of God,May the bless of God be with us.

Dear Fikalab, Gingerr, Labora 2,

Fikalab & Gingerr, I am waiting your interview results with God it will be successuful. Labora 2 you are disappeared from the forum for long. please share me your experience in USA, regarding living condition i heard that it is too difficult to find job there.

thanks

Dear Labora,Helen,Ginger,and Bizuayehu (aka Me and My Wife)

Glory to the almighty God,I had a very fantastic and so thrilling interview experience.My DV lottery interview experience will be posted soon.
May the Bless of God be with us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear brothers,

Hi Helen, sorry for being late but I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Let God, who did it for you, do it for the rest of our forum members as well. Congrats again.

Dear Fikalab, Gingerr, Labora 2,

Fikalab & Gingerr, I am waiting your interview results with God it will be successuful. Labora 2 you are disappeared from the forum for long. please share me your experience in USA, regarding living condition i heard that it is too difficult to find job there.

thanks

Hi Helen, Sorry I am lost. I have been busy to start a new life in the US. Life in the US is good but the transition period that you pass through till you get settled might be the toughest. This time can be simple or difficult. If you have someone in the US who is close to you and with whom you can spend a few months, that would give you a great relief. You have kids as I do and that may even add some discomfort to you. One option is just to go by yourself or with your husband, get things settled and then take the kids. My whole family (me, my wife and our two kids) went together but fortunately we had no problems as we had a comfortable host. You have to be very sure about your host; otherwise, the first few months may be very tough. Regarding getting a job, it is personalized. My wife and me are both in the medical profession and we were able to get jobs and settle relatively fast. Even then, you need some money at your hand to process things. You either need to take some money from Ethiopia or there should be someone ready to give or lend you money. So in short, you need both a good host and some money. I believe jobs in other professions are also available but you need good information and contact. Recommendations have great value in the US and if there could be someone in the US who can recommend you for some kind of position, that would be a great thing. Start to search the internet while you are there in Ethiopia and prepare your mind on what kind of job you are looking for. You must know that you may need to do jobs that you don't like especially when you have a family as you need to start your own life sooner. Such kind of jobs are not difficult to find. Overall, be ready for a little rough time at the beginning but it all changes fast. I wish you all the best and God be with all of us.

Glory to the almighty God,I had a very fantastic and so thrilling interview experience.My DV lottery interview experience will be posted soon.
Wow fikalab, thank God!! Congratulations!! Now it is Gingerr's turn and let God be with him. Congratulations again and wish you all the best in the future.

Congratulations Fikalab, thanks God

Hi Helen, Sorry I am lost. I have been busy to start a new life in the US. Life in the US is good but the transition period that you pass through till you get settled might be the toughest. This time can be simple or difficult. If you have someone in the US who is close to you and with whom you can spend a few months, that would give you a great relief. You have kids as I do and that may even add some discomfort to you. One option is just to go by yourself or with your husband, get things settled and then take the kids. My whole family (me, my wife and our two kids) went together but fortunately we had no problems as we had a comfortable host. You have to be very sure about your host; otherwise, the first few months may be very tough. Regarding getting a job, it is personalized. My wife and me are both in the medical profession and we were able to get jobs and settle relatively fast. Even then, you need some money at your hand to process things. You either need to take some money from Ethiopia or there should be someone ready to give or lend you money. So in short, you need both a good host and some money. I believe jobs in other professions are also available but you need good information and contact. Recommendations have great value in the US and if there could be someone in the US who can recommend you for some kind of position, that would be a great thing. Start to search the internet while you are there in Ethiopia and prepare your mind on what kind of job you are looking for. You must know that you may need to do jobs that you don't like especially when you have a family as you need to start your own life sooner. Such kind of jobs are not difficult to find. Overall, be ready for a little rough time at the beginning but it all changes fast. I wish you all the best and God be with all of us.

Dear Labora 2,

Thank you for usual valuable advise, of course i will stay the next two months in Ethiopia. I try to look for job in US through the internet but they usually ask the Social Security No. and Zip Code. Would you please suggest me any websites which doesn't need SNN and Zip Code so as to apply from here.