• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Dear Labora2, Fikaleb and gingerr,

Today I have been in the clinic to collect medical result for me and my daughter, The doctor has told me that you all get your medical result after your hasband finalize his TB culture medical investigation i.e after 2 months eventhough me and my daughter have been negative for the x-ray results. She(the Doctor) advises me to attend the interview on the date of appointment i.e next week and to inform to the CO about my medical cases. Friends! what is your advises? do you think it is the correct procedure?

Thanks
Dear Helen
Just do what the Doctor has told u to do,the procedure is right they will not give you the medical report instead they will send it to the Embassy so just go and have your interview,i am sure everything is gonna be fine.May God be with u

Thanks Labora2,
I will do so ....

Hi Gingerr, sorry about the fullness of my message box. I will clean it. Regarding the affidavit of support form, I-134 form is the one that is needed for DV application. It doesn't need any notarization (no need to get it signed by an official.) This is clearly written on the I-134 instruction page. Your relative just fills I-134 form for each member of your family (one for each family member.) He then signs each form by his full name. In Ethiopia, as Fikaleb said, they usually don't ask for it especially when they think that you can be alright in the US by yourself. My family was not asked about it (a family of four.) My advice, however, is to be prepared in every aspect. Every case is individualized. Better to have any required document than regret it at the interview. Good luck.

Hi Helen,
if that is the proceduere, then attend your interview,
you will on queue for the visa, don't worry you have still four month ahead,
In the end all will be good,

Today I have been in the clinic to collect medical result for me and my daughter, The doctor has told me that you all get your medical result after your hasband finalize his TB culture medical investigation i.e after 2 months eventhough me and my daughter have been negative for the x-ray results. She(the Doctor) advises me to attend the interview on the date of appointment i.e next week and to inform to the CO about my medical cases. Friends! what is your advises? do you think it is the correct procedure?

Thanks

Thanks
Hi Helen,
If the doctor told you that she will be sending the medical reports of you and your child with that of your husband, then that is wrong. I know one case from another country (some of you know her case in these forums) where her husband needed to give sputum culture to check for TB. That lady's medical report was sent to the embassy, she was interviewed without her husband and got her visa. Unfortunately, it was very late in the fiscal year and her husband's lab result didn't come on time so he missed his chance. The doctor should send your and your child's medical report to the US embassy so that it will be ready for the interview. There is no any rule that makes her not to send the reports. You need to go back to the clinic and talk to the doctor. Attending the interview without medicals is obviously useless and you will be given another appointment by the CO. Try to sort it out with the doctor first. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Helen,
If the doctor told you that she will be sending the medical reports of you and your child with that of your husband, then that is wrong. I know one case from another country (some of you know her case in these forums) where her husband needed to give sputum culture to check for TB. That lady's medical report was sent to the embassy, she was interviewed without her husband and got her visa. Unfortunately, it was very late in the fiscal year and her husband's lab result didn't come on time so he missed his chance. The doctor should send your and your child's medical report to the US embassy so that it will be ready for the interview. There is no any rule that makes her not to send the reports. You need to go back to the clinic and talk to the doctor. Attending the interview without medicals is obviously useless and you will be given another appointment by the CO. Try to sort it out with the doctor first. Good luck.

I thought the Doctor has said she would give all the reports to Helen after two months when her husband medical case is finalized and send Helen's and her daughter report to embassy before the interview date.but if the the doctor has said as u described it,is not good coz the interview wont be conducted with out the medical report.so Helen,go to the clinic make them send yours and your daughter's report to the embassy and go the three of u for the interview and c what the CO will tell u about your husband's case.May God be with u.

Dear Friends,

I went and asked the Doctor to get my and my daughter result, and she said all medical report/result must be given to Embassy after my husband finalizes his medical investigation. and she said some times the CO asked us to send the results immediately and process the visa for both three of you and they pend your husband visa with them until they get result. She said even though you and your daughter is negative for TB (your husband is suspected by TB) and since this case is family case the form (which come from US Embassy to the clinic) must be filled together with your family in one form and if your husband is positive by TB the form categorizes you and your daughter has the exposure to be infected by TB. Dear friends, I think things becoming complected, everything is on the hand of God and I will go to the interview and what will be will be! Thanks,

Dear Friends,

I went and asked the Doctor to get my and my daughter result, and she said all medical report/result must be given to Embassy after my husband finalizes his medical investigation. and she said some times the CO asked us to send the results immediately and process the visa for both three of you and they pend your husband visa with them until they get result. She said even though you and your daughter is negative for TB (your husband is suspected by TB) and since this case is family case the form (which come from US Embassy to the clinic) must be filled together with your family in one form and if your husband is positive by TB the form categorizes you and your daughter has the exposure to be infected by TB. Dear friends, I think things becoming complected, everything is on the hand of God and I will go to the interview and what will be will be! Thanks,

That is kind of strange for me. Actually my first time to hear about this. Anyway, as the result of your husband lab evaluation comes in July, you have ample time. So, don't worry. Try to check at the lab from the 6th week onwards. Good luck.

I think this is the best advice that I will encourage you to follow. I will use my own case as an example. I could not complete the medical exams before my interview since the doctor wanted me to undergo some further tests before sending our medical report to the embassy. So I attended the interview without the medical report and explain to the CO why I could not come with it. They proceeded with the interview and assured me after going through the interview process that everything is fine and once they receive the medical reports the visas will issued.

Though it took sometime, it was eventually issued. I went for my interview in May and our visas was issued in July (as shown in my signature). So don't worry, just get prepared for the interview and I know in the end everything will be fine.

So on your appointment day go with your family (husband and child) and proceed with the interview. Don't go into details why the medical report is not ready but let the CO aware that your husband has been asked to undergo some further tests after which the family's medical reports will be sent to the embassy. They will complete all the interview procedure and mark your file 'awaiting medical report'. Once the medical report is completed and sent to the embassy, your visas will be issued.

After your interview, make sure your put all your efforts on making sure you complete every test and medication as soon as possible to avoid further delays. Contact the doctors constantly to know your next course of action with regards to completing the medical reports. This is my opinion.

Dear Helen, my opinion is try to focus on the other issues on your interview like how to convice the CO about your daugthers name and other things
only one thing doesn't need to take your attention, here you are reading the experiance of two wonderful mens, who dedicated their time helping others, i mean by labora2 and ammecke09
so all of you including your husband, show up for the interview and make your case, don't ever be emotional in any way. your case will be in line for visa. but still you need to check the lab
every now and then after the 6th week onwards to send your results back to the embassy, they definetely understand your situation and will help you.

in my understanding applying/attending interview means opening a case for your visa proccessing, so your case is open and they definetely need to give answer to your case before the this year's DV expires,
and you need to get a decision by the end

have faith on God and yourself

Dear Friends,
I already went to attend the interview without the medical result of both of us (me, my husband & child). The embassy personnel’s were surprised why the clinic didn't send the medical results of mine and my child. They immediately phoned to the clinic to ask why they didn't send the result. They couldn't get the doctor at that moment and they advised us to go to the clinic. We went to the clinic and we got the doctor asked her why. She (the doctor) discussed with the Embassy by phone she told to us there is a form from the embassy in which mentioned the classification for me and my child unless your husband situation is known (TB positive or negative) the clinic can't classify you on that form, on the form there a line that says exposure for TB (as one of the classification). The embassy informed us your case will be seen after my husband result . Our document is kept with them and told us if your husband negative both three of us go together if not me and my child will go. They told us not to be confused by the situation and no problem on your other documents and to wait the medical result patiently. By the way I really admired the embassy people, they are very cooperative now we are waiting and following up the medical result.
Thanks

Dear Friends,
I already went to attend the interview without the medical result of both of us (me, my husband & child). The embassy personnel’s were surprised why the clinic didn't send the medical results of mine and my child. They immediately phoned to the clinic to ask why they didn't send the result. They couldn't get the doctor at that moment and they advised us to go to the clinic. We went to the clinic and we got the doctor asked her why. She (the doctor) discussed with the Embassy by phone she told to us there is a form from the embassy in which mentioned the classification for me and my child unless your husband situation is known (TB positive or negative) the clinic can't classify you on that form, on the form there a line that says exposure for TB (as one of the classification). The embassy informed us your case will be seen after my husband result . Our document is kept with them and told us if your husband negative both three of us go together if not me and my child will go. They told us not to be confused by the situation and no problem on your other documents and to wait the medical result patiently. By the way I really admired the embassy people, they are very cooperative now we are waiting and following up the medical result.
Thanks

Hi Helen, thank God that the embassy people were very cooperative. It is also a good news to hear that your other documents (child name...) are okay. I know that your husband's sputum will be negative. That is the case in almost all cases with no symptoms of TB. I am sure you will all get your visas in July and God help you on that. Good luck.

Hi all
i was lost coz my account of this forum is diverted to Mobile mode and could not access this thread and even could not back to normal vb4(PC) mode so i am obliged to change to new account.

Hi all
i was lost coz my account of this forum is diverted to Mobile mode and could not access this thread and even could not back to normal vb4(PC) mode so i am obliged to change to new account.

Well comeback fikalab. sorry you lost ur original name, fikaleb.

Dear Friends,
Thanks

Hi Helen
i hope your husband's result will be negative with help of God.didn't they ask you about your daughter's name case? by the way they might ask you about that case next time when u go after the result so dont forget to prepare on defending that and if they wont ask u,dont even mentioned it.Good Luck and May God be with u and ur family.

Well comeback fikalab. sorry you lost ur original name, fikaleb.
Hi Labora,
thank you,i have got some more questions regarding my case:
1.can we start the medical test and police certificate with out the 2NL,with email confirmation of KCC of our interview date.
2.i am the Primary applicant and it is necessary that authenticating my high school transcript and national exam certificates but how about my wife's academic certificates?
3.i have heard that marriage certificate and birth certificate must be authenticated too,is that true,shall i authenticate them if it is necessary?

Well comeback Fikalab,

Thanks for your advice, ofcourse the embassy didn't mention about my doughter name but they said generally no problem on your documents. They didn't say detail things. As you said I will going to defend if the case of my child name is raised. Regarding your questions, the hospitals will ask you the appointment letter from KCC may be try to show the copy of the email KCC sent to you. You can get the copy of instructions how to file your documents from the embassy gate any time. according to the instructions from the gate of the embassy, it is not neccessary to authucate your wife educational cetificates, birth certificate and merriage certificate only your all educational materials must be authucated. I myself filed my document according to the instructions which i got from the embassy.

let us keep intouch friends,

Well comeback Fikalab,

Thanks for your advice, ofcourse the embassy didn't mention about my doughter name but they said generally no problem on your documents. They didn't say detail things. As you said I will going to defend if the case of my child name is raised. Regarding your questions, the hospitals will ask you the appointment letter from KCC may be try to show the copy of the email KCC sent to you. You can get the copy of instructions how to file your documents from the embassy gate any time. according to the instructions from the gate of the embassy, it is not neccessary to authucate your wife educational cetificates, birth certificate and merriage certificate only your all educational materials must be authucated. I myself filed my document according to the instructions which i got from the embassy.

let us keep intouch friends,

Thank you,Helen.how about the police Certificate?

Regarding the police cetificates you can finish within two days, go with two photographs, Kebele ID (with copies) and copies of the letter of appointement from KCC in the morning and you will get the result the next day afternoon.

Regarding the police cetificates you can finish within two days, go with two photographs, Kebele ID (with copies) and copies of the letter of appointement from KCC in the morning and you will get the result the next day afternoon.

Thank you again,Helen.it looks like that i need the 2NL for both Medical and Police Certificate.